Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-04-2007, 09:30 PM #1
jcw122
Proud 'Cocker Owner

jcw122 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Cockers and Woodsball? I'm nervous.

Hey everyone,

I know Cockers used to be markers that were heavily used in woodsball, but I'm nervous about getting one for my own woodsball use.

The reason i say so is because of two reasons:
1. Crawling, and getting dirty/mud/tree branches/grass up in them
2. Having the tubes on the frontal area get caught up in something, or come loose

I love to crawl around, and I'm usually not playing in completely dry conditions, I'm nervous about using an Autococker because of its exposed parts.

What can be done about this, and how have others dealt with it before?

Thanks1
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2007, 09:33 PM #2
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw122 View Post
Hey everyone,

I know Cockers used to be markers that were heavily used in woodsball, but I'm nervous about getting one for my own woodsball use.

The reason i say so is because of two reasons:
1. Crawling, and getting dirty/mud/tree branches/grass up in them
2. Having the tubes on the frontal area get caught up in something, or come loose

I love to crawl around, and I'm usually not playing in completely dry conditions, I'm nervous about using an Autococker because of its exposed parts.

What can be done about this, and how have others dealt with it before?

Thanks1
dont worry about a thing, i've gone swimming with my cockers during games and the only adverse effects were the paintballs swelling and not working ...

i also went headlong through a shrub that was maybe 30 feet wide and think and prickly as all hell with my cocker in hand.

Last edited by cockerpunk : 04-04-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:39 PM #3
gbpackernut

I have used a mech cocker for 2 years now, no problems that are related to woodsball, I have accidentally pulled one of my 3way hoses off once but thats about it. The only downfall I have seen is that the front block assembly is a bit more work to clean up at the end of the game.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:58 PM #4
XxAltecxX
BEO Mafia

If your really worried about it, you can get a cover. I've never had a problem with the hoses myself.

https://store.circlepaintball.com//c...roductid=16138
Old 04-04-2007, 10:44 PM #5
jcw122
Proud 'Cocker Owner

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll keep the stories in mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAltecxX View Post
If your really worried about it, you can get a cover. I've never had a problem with the hoses myself.

https://store.circlepaintball.com//c...roductid=16138
I've seen the covers, in my opinion, they make Autocockers look like complete ***....or at least make them look old to me.

I've seen something like shields on the sides of the pnematics, can those be put on any Autococker?
Old 04-04-2007, 10:55 PM #6
hockeyplaye8511

hoses dont come off as easily as everyone thinks

COCKER FREAK KIT FOR SALE http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2430158

"if puctuation was a person, it would take a taxi to your home, and kick you in the face." - Nick Alder
Old 04-04-2007, 11:08 PM #7
OmegaPenguin
Captain - Team Apotheosis

Autocockers were born and raised at Sat Cong (SC) Villiage. They are not prissy, tempermental electros, they are not tippmanns, they are cockers, man. Just go play!

On a side note, cockers are SOOO forgiving of hard play. We have a guy names RiverRat that loves to run his Purple People Eater up and down rivers. No one expects it, and the gun shoot every time.

PenPen

White Wolf Airsmithing stole my 2K RF Autococker over two years ago and refuses any and all attempts at contact or resolution. PM me for more information before doing any business with him.

...unlike any other gun out there, cockers - specifically mech, have a rhythm to them. there is something semi-musical about the sound and fury of an autococker...jewler - PBNation
Old 04-04-2007, 11:29 PM #8
jcw122
Proud 'Cocker Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaPenguin View Post
Autocockers were born and raised at Sat Cong (SC) Villiage. They are not prissy, tempermental electros, they are not tippmanns, they are cockers, man. Just go play!

On a side note, cockers are SOOO forgiving of hard play. We have a guy names RiverRat that loves to run his Purple People Eater up and down rivers. No one expects it, and the gun shoot every time.

PenPen
Wow, that story actually scares me because for some reason the name sounds familiar, and I remember seeing an obnoxious purple Autococker on the internet one time...haha.

Thanks for the info, I'm pretty confident in Autococker's durability now.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:44 AM #9
nex_episode_wagon

i wish i had a shroud. dont worr.y about the cocker its always been a woods ball gun.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:54 AM #10
k.macocker
customcockers.com

you can get one like this and not be quite so old time-y...lol
this one is stuck on a trillogy, but it fits my ebladed cocker too.
Enjoy,
Kmac
Old 04-05-2007, 08:18 AM #11
Yellowdart221

ya man don't worry, you can do alot of beating to an autococker and it'll still work. instead of buying a cover I just get a sweatband and wrap it around your hoses. it doesn't have full protection for your hoses but it's better than nothing. I do that instead of spending money. The cover is alot better to have because it protects alot more but if you want to go the cheap way just buy a cheap sweatband.

"Outgunned is merely a state of mind"

"Even those who will be kings, your soul is in your keeping alone, when you stand before god you cannot say but I was told by others to do thus, or virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not sufice." -Baldin IV 'King of Jerusalem 1184
-"Kingdom of Heaven"
Old 04-05-2007, 08:36 AM #12
loneassassin
A Grim and...

I've been shot in the hoses many times, and nothing happened. They are actually VERY hard to pull off. I find my mech. cocker to be more reliable than a Tippmann......

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
Old 04-05-2007, 11:06 AM #13
nerdysmurf

Cockers are just fine in woodsball. I use mine all the time. The only problem I have with it is all the chrome giving away my position!

You'll be fine, don't worry.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:11 AM #14
pfizerreg (Banned)
the future sucks

The old milled shrouds are where it's at. Shark gills!
Old 04-05-2007, 11:18 AM #15
jcw122
Proud 'Cocker Owner

Wow thanks for all the info guys, huge help!

What about the metal sheild looking things like the "W Manafold Cover" here: http://www.worr.com/externalparts.asp

Can those be used on any cocker? Specifically an 05 Prostock?
Old 04-05-2007, 11:28 AM #16
nerdysmurf

Quote:

What about the metal sheild looking things like the "W Manafold Cover" here: http://www.worr.com/externalparts.asp

Those are for covering the solenoid on eblade cockers. It is not what you want.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:32 AM #17
WorrPro

Quote:

Those arn't for covering pneumatics, they house an e-blade solenoid.

this is nothing to worry about by any means, the hoses just don't pop off. Remember, they need to be on there pretty tight to withstand the air pressure flowing through them...if they handle that then I highly doubt any crawling you do will pull off a house.

If you are just paranoid about it, you can get one of the covers posted above. Or you can buy a trilogy which has a much tighter pneumatic set up, the hoses run flush with the LPR and nothing could possibly fit in any of the crevices.

-------> 21 <-------
Old 04-05-2007, 11:45 AM #18
jcw122
Proud 'Cocker Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorrPro View Post
Those arn't for covering pneumatics, they house an e-blade solenoid.

this is nothing to worry about by any means, the hoses just don't pop off. Remember, they need to be on there pretty tight to withstand the air pressure flowing through them...if they handle that then I highly doubt any crawling you do will pull off a house.

If you are just paranoid about it, you can get one of the covers posted above. Or you can buy a trilogy which has a much tighter pneumatic set up, the hoses run flush with the LPR and nothing could possibly fit in any of the crevices.
Ahh ok, thanks for clarification.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:48 AM #19
kjjm4
Liberty or Death

kjjm4 is a founding member
kjjm4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kjjm4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackernut View Post
...The only downfall I have seen is that the front block assembly is a bit more work to clean up at the end of the game.
It's not hard to clean the front block. I hose mine off with a garden hose. Just make sure its aired up when you do it, and dry it off before you put it away.
ďA strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-05-2007, 12:29 PM #20
Dead_Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjm4 View Post
It's not hard to clean the front block. I hose mine off with a garden hose. Just make sure its aired up when you do it, and dry it off before you put it away.
The LPR and main reg have little atmospheric pressure holes on the sides of them. I'm a fan of the hose or spray bottle but I plug those two holes first with a bits of plastic wire or toothpicks before I wash them down. And don't use a strongly forceful blast. Set a pressure that you'd use on garden plants. Hard sprays can push water past Oring seals and stuff.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:06 PM #21
k.macocker
customcockers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjm4 View Post
hot water from the kitchen sink sprayer, then blow it off with my compressor, then shoot it a few time as you said..
Kmac