PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-03-2007, 10:22 PM #1
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Barrel for cocker

Sup guys I'm getting a karni this weekend and happens to not come with a kaner barrel, and from my experience with cockers short 2-piece barrels seem to be hard to get off. So I'm wondering what cheap 1-piece or 1-piece barrels will be easy to take off, I was thinkin about the redz barrel kit but the price didn't seem to catch me. Also my friend is selling his full freak kit for $75 but I'm afriad it might be too short, LMK what you guys think
While the majority of people not need firearms, consider that this tool is now widely distributed to most of all peoples, including bad people. Such people who will do harm with one of these tools in time. So we ought to have to ability to defend ourselves against said threats with equal or greater fire power. Unfortunately, tis only law-abiding citizens are primarily being targeted by Government. Further, crime is caused by unlawful peoples of society, so how are Government orders going to now effect the criminals if the orders hadn't affected them initially? There is a hidden agenda here. Think about it
Old 04-03-2007, 10:42 PM #2
autococker2k6

autococker2k6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
autococker2k6 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
its all what u find is the best for u.....
Old 04-03-2007, 11:05 PM #3
synntax_error
!_-!_~!_~!_~!_~!_~!_~!_~!

synntax_error has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I like my ultralites with my stiffi tip.

Super quiet and accurate with good paint.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:47 AM #4
EFPaintballer
*Chewie*

I use a Freak on my cocker and I can get it off just fine. Just don't screw your barrel on too tight and any 2-piece barrel should be fine.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:25 AM #5
euRasian32
Verbal Kint

Buy your friends freak kit. You can always get a longer front and still have the versatility of the full kit.

If you don't, tell your friend I'll buy it. (what color front and back, how long, #of inserts and list them)

I'm looking for a full freak kit, preferrably stainless steel. My local pbshob can get me what I want for 150 (SS too).
Old 04-04-2007, 10:53 AM #6
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

LMAO, I might buy my friends freak kit. But I remember those dark ages when I had to use pliers to get the barrel off my cocker, of course from screwing it on to tight. But that's because I was tired of tightening it when it became loose after awhile of shooting
While the majority of people not need firearms, consider that this tool is now widely distributed to most of all peoples, including bad people. Such people who will do harm with one of these tools in time. So we ought to have to ability to defend ourselves against said threats with equal or greater fire power. Unfortunately, tis only law-abiding citizens are primarily being targeted by Government. Further, crime is caused by unlawful peoples of society, so how are Government orders going to now effect the criminals if the orders hadn't affected them initially? There is a hidden agenda here. Think about it
Old 04-04-2007, 10:55 AM #7
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by euRasian32 View Post
Buy your friends freak kit. You can always get a longer front and still have the versatility of the full kit.

If you don't, tell your friend I'll buy it. (what color front and back, how long, #of inserts and list them)

I'm looking for a full freak kit, preferrably stainless steel. My local pbshob can get me what I want for 150 (SS too).
LOLOL, its a FULL freak kit, gloss black back, 14", and blue tip. But too bad it's goin to be mine! Muhahaha, thanks for the posts guys I really appreciate them
Old 04-04-2007, 01:32 PM #8
Trilogy_Tac
Tactical Whore

the freak kits suck imo(inserts more around).....go with the powerlyte scepter kit. full 7 pc kit with your choice of 12-14-16 lengths for 139.99 cant beat it, and thier customer service is awesome.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:23 PM #9
euRasian32
Verbal Kint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilogy_Tac View Post
the freak kits suck imo(inserts more around).....go with the powerlyte scepter kit. full 7 pc kit with your choice of 12-14-16 lengths for 139.99 cant beat it, and thier customer service is awesome.
Do you have the newer kit or the older kit with longer sleeves?

Have you owned a freak kit? If so compare the pros and cons of the 2

"freak kit sucks imo" . Any solid reasons?

My curiousity is piqued so I'll do some research. At this moment, I'm still buying a freak kit.
Freak: barrel inserts have a stainless steel option. lots of color backs. lots of color fronts, and interchangable front types. Sleeves can be used in the whisper barrel.
Scepter: no stainless steel sleeves, only 2 color backs - matte and gloss black, only 4 color fronts with no other option.

C
Old 04-04-2007, 03:34 PM #10
Trilogy_Tac
Tactical Whore

like i said that is only my opinion, and yes i have used a freak kit before. I have the 07 scepter kit with all 7 inserts, dust black back and 16in tip. Stainless steel inserts......doesnt interest me. as far as the colors go, i play woodsball so i dont reallly need any kind of flashy colors. When I put my insert into the scepter barrel it is not going to move. couldnt say that for the freak kit that i had. Granted I dont have any experience with smart parts cs, but powerlyte sent my kit overnight with no charge and i ordered it right at the close of business(6pm) and it was in my hands by 10 the next morning. It was missing 2 of the inserts, which i called about friday and they had my missing inserts and a free shirt(no biggie but at least they threw something in there) by monday. I have shot about half a case and havent had any barrel chops, like i did with the freak kit. Is the best mod i could have done for my trilogy so far....... but i feel for what your getting, a complete 7 insert kit with a case plus excellent customer service for 140 bucks shipped it cannot be beat.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:41 PM #11
blaster44

Quote:
Originally Posted by synntax_error View Post
I like my ultralites with my stiffi tip.

Super quiet and accurate with good paint.

No barrel is more accurate than any other. Accuracy is based upon the consistensy of the marker, if the detents are good, and if you have a good paint-to-bore match.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:46 PM #12
Ruler_Mark
Huzzah

has been a member for 10 years
Ruler_Mark donated to help Peyton Trent
get a deadly wind whisper they are awesome,, look: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2079185

scroll down a lil,, they take freak inserts
Old 04-04-2007, 04:37 PM #13
euRasian32
Verbal Kint

trilogy tac: i wasn't trying to be a prick but rereading my post i kind of came off harsh. thanks for the reply, i'm picky and i don't want to waste a bunch of money on different kits to see what suits me best.
i have heard that the inserts on the freak "float". the scepter user reviews stated that they don't.
i've got a boomstick for now, and i use marblizers which fit well. i also have the stock kaner .689 which is bigger, jic marbles are sold out.
i may just buy a couple more backs for my dye and get me a better hopper, after i get the zerob.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:25 PM #14
bequickorbedead
CAPUA! Shall I begin?

i use a hammerhead and i have never had a problem getting it off.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:12 PM #15
Trilogy_Tac
Tactical Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by euRasian32 View Post
trilogy tac: i wasn't trying to be a prick but rereading my post i kind of came off harsh. thanks for the reply, i'm picky and i don't want to waste a bunch of money on different kits to see what suits me best.
i have heard that the inserts on the freak "float". the scepter user reviews stated that they don't.
i've got a boomstick for now, and i use marblizers which fit well. i also have the stock kaner .689 which is bigger, jic marbles are sold out.
i may just buy a couple more backs for my dye and get me a better hopper, after i get the zerob.
oh its cool man, no biggie! when i lock my barrel together i cannot with any kind of force make the insert move. powerlyte makes a great product. (hell even empire licensed their kit) To be honest if I could swing the 200 plus bucks i would have picked me up one of those Sly kits.....but after the awesome customer service i got with powerlyte plus the fact all if have to do if buy backs if i change guns.....im pretty happy with my purchase.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:31 AM #16
BlueOnBlack
Nope, eZero.

To keep the barrel from getting stuck so often...
Place an o-ring, on the back of the barrel, so it goes between the barrel and the body. Get a strap wrench (about $10 for a set of two at Wally-World) just in case.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:44 AM #17
Ruler_Mark
Huzzah

Ruler_Mark donated to help Peyton Trent
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2088833