Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Are god/jesus real?
yes 9 50.00%
no 6 33.33%
idc 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2007, 07:50 PM #1
Plan B 13
 
 
Plan B 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Are god/jesus real?

Discuss.
__________________
1017 BRICKSQUAD

Last edited by Plan B 13 : 04-03-2007 at 07:52 PM.
Plan B 13 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2007, 07:53 PM #2
NEp8ntballer
 
 
NEp8ntballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
NEp8ntballer supports our troops
we already have a do you believe in god thread. this one is completely unnecessary.

**** you 45 second rule
__________________
best porn thread in ST history by ScorpionShock - I was there 6/7 or 6/8 depending on your timezone

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Official ST Atheists #8


Old Feedback
NEp8ntballer is online now  
Old 04-03-2007, 07:55 PM #3
Uber-Balla
**ˇˇˇ@ןןı
 
Uber-Balla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Its all in the eye of the beholder. So my vote goes with yes.
__________________
If You Think That I Am A Bastard Click Here!!!

k849Or: "As far as fields are concerned, there's the one on base next to the skeet shooting range."
DUNWOODY HIGH SCHOOL PAINTBAL 4 LYFE!!
Miami Rave
Uber-Balla is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 07:56 PM #4
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber-Balla View Post
Its all in the eye of the beholder. So my vote goes with yes.
It has nothing to do with individual belief but what is empircially supported or not.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 07:57 PM #5
Plan B 13
 
 
Plan B 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEp8ntballer View Post
we already have a do you believe in god thread. this one is completely unnecessary.

**** you 45 second rule
This one is if jesus/god is real not if believe it or not.

And i meant to vote no.
__________________
1017 BRICKSQUAD
Plan B 13 is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 08:02 PM #6
Ionbluemaster8011
Christ Balla
 
Ionbluemaster8011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan B 13 View Post
This one is if jesus/god is real not if believe it or not.

And i meant to vote no.
Why do you vote no? All science has proven that Jesus did live. Most religions believe he lived. What is was is still up for debate. Wether he was God or not is a different question. Wether God exists is based on your research and your convictions. I believe they are both real and we can talk to God and Jesus saved us from going to hell.
__________________
Christian Balla!
Dynasty Fan #331 - Todd Martinez Fan #23 - Alex Fraige Fan #37

Rich Telford Fan #46 - Matty Marshall Fan #1 - Thomas "Troll" Taylor Fan #616
Nicky Cuba Fan #103
Vicious Fan Club #23
Ionbluemaster8011 is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 08:03 PM #7
Ben.haK (Banned)
 
Ben.haK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa/Halifax
If you want them to be.
Ben.haK is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 08:04 PM #8
Plan B 13
 
 
Plan B 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionbluemaster8011 View Post
Why do you vote no? All science has proven that Jesus did live. Most religions believe he lived. What is was is still up for debate. Wether he was God or not is a different question. Wether God exists is based on your research and your convictions. I believe they are both real and we can talk to God and Jesus saved us from going to hell.
Neccesary a god is a being that is worth worshipping, so if there is no being worth worshipping there cannot be a god.

Not any of the existing religions can provide such a god. How do we know if there are no undiscovered beings worthy our submission? Well if there is a being that has either failed or not tried to communicate with us that being is not worth worshipping either, so the ontological evidence against god holds, even without complete knowledge of the world.

There is a test, based on the ontological evidence against god, that you can do to try the existence of god. Pray, and ask god to provide you with a clear proof for his existence within a week. After that week, if you have got a proof that god exists, send me the evidence. If not, there are only three reasons I can think of that are plausible: (1) God does not exist, (2) God does not want to or (3) God can't give you this evidence. Because of the ontological evidence, alternative (2) and (3) are not worth your worship and thus they equal alternative (1). So if you get no response there is no god.

http://www.update.uu.se/~fbendz/nogod/no_god.htm
__________________
1017 BRICKSQUAD

Last edited by Plan B 13 : 04-03-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Plan B 13 is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 08:14 PM #9
Ionbluemaster8011
Christ Balla
 
Ionbluemaster8011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Iowa
Well have you read the bible. The Christian faith can prove ther is a God. I have seen and listen to people who God has intervened and changed thier life. I saw a guy who had been trained as a muslim in aferica to kill all Christians. One night he went to kill some christians. He was going to start a fire at thier meeting. When he went to light the match it would not light he tried again and again it would not light. That night he whnt home and asked God to show that he wa real. A wind blew and opend to a verse in the Koran, the muslim holy book, that verse proved theri was a God to him. If you dont belive me ok but how can you explain the beginnig of the world.
__________________
Christian Balla!
Dynasty Fan #331 - Todd Martinez Fan #23 - Alex Fraige Fan #37

Rich Telford Fan #46 - Matty Marshall Fan #1 - Thomas "Troll" Taylor Fan #616
Nicky Cuba Fan #103
Vicious Fan Club #23
Ionbluemaster8011 is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 08:15 PM #10
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionbluemaster8011 View Post
Well have you read the bible. The Christian faith can prove ther is a God. I have seen and listen to people who God has intervened and changed thier life. I saw a guy who had been trained as a muslim in aferica to kill all Christians. One night he went to kill some christians. He was going to start a fire at thier meeting. When he went to light the match it would not light he tried again and again it would not light. That night he whnt home and asked God to show that he wa real. A wind blew and opend to a verse in the Koran, the muslim holy book, that verse proved theri was a God to him. If you dont belive me ok but how can you explain the beginnig of the world.
Proof?

Atheists do not pretend to know how the world started, but instead of following a mythological story we search out the answer.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 08:17 PM #11
Uber-Balla
**ˇˇˇ@ןןı
 
Uber-Balla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan B 13 View Post
Neccesary a god is a being that is worth worshipping, so if there is no being worth worshipping there cannot be a god.

Not any of the existing religions can provide such a god. How do we know if there are no undiscovered beings worthy our submission? Well if there is a being that has either failed or not tried to communicate with us that being is not worth worshipping either, so the ontological evidence against god holds, even without complete knowledge of the world.

There is a test, based on the ontological evidence against god, that you can do to try the existence of god. Pray, and ask god to provide you with a clear proof for his existence within a week. After that week, if you have got a proof that god exists, send me the evidence. If not, there are only three reasons I can think of that are plausible: (1) God does not exist, (2) God does not want to or (3) God can't give you this evidence. Because of the ontological evidence, alternative (2) and (3) are not worth your worship and thus they equal alternative (1). So if you get no response there is no god.

http://www.update.uu.se/~fbendz/nogod/no_god.htm
I agree so for all you lost people I will define god.

God

1. A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
2. The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.

# A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.
# An image of a supernatural being; an idol.
__________________
If You Think That I Am A Bastard Click Here!!!

k849Or: "As far as fields are concerned, there's the one on base next to the skeet shooting range."
DUNWOODY HIGH SCHOOL PAINTBAL 4 LYFE!!
Miami Rave
Uber-Balla is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 08:17 PM #12
Ionbluemaster8011
Christ Balla
 
Ionbluemaster8011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Proof?

Atheists do not pretend to know how the world started, but instead of following a mythological story we search out the answer.
It takes more faith to believe there is no God than that there is. whatever the god may be allah, budda, or a hindu god.
__________________
Christian Balla!
Dynasty Fan #331 - Todd Martinez Fan #23 - Alex Fraige Fan #37

Rich Telford Fan #46 - Matty Marshall Fan #1 - Thomas "Troll" Taylor Fan #616
Nicky Cuba Fan #103
Vicious Fan Club #23
Ionbluemaster8011 is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 08:19 PM #13
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionbluemaster8011 View Post
It takes more faith to believe there is no God than that there is. whatever the god may be allah, budda, or a hindu god.
I guess evidence to the contrary of your belief system takes faith in your eyes. I can lay my hands on the empirical evidence of my beliefs. Can you?
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 08:21 PM #14
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I voted IDC because in the end...I realy don't. I am going to live my life as I see fit, and not by some made up book of fiction.
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 08:22 PM #15
Uber-Balla
**ˇˇˇ@ןןı
 
Uber-Balla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
I voted IDC because in the end...I realy don't. I am going to live my life as I see fit, and not by some made up book of fiction.
I agree.
__________________
If You Think That I Am A Bastard Click Here!!!

k849Or: "As far as fields are concerned, there's the one on base next to the skeet shooting range."
DUNWOODY HIGH SCHOOL PAINTBAL 4 LYFE!!
Miami Rave
Uber-Balla is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 08:23 PM #16
Ionbluemaster8011
Christ Balla
 
Ionbluemaster8011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
I guess evidence to the contrary of your belief system takes faith in your eyes. I can lay my hands on the empirical evidence of my beliefs. Can you?
Yes i believe that everything in this natural world was created by my God. So every human is an image of God. So i can tough a human. Jesus was the perfect example.( do you belive that Jesus the person lived on this earth?) Do you believe the complexity of the human body happened by accident. I am guessing you believe in evolution. i may be wrong but that is my assumpion.
__________________
Christian Balla!
Dynasty Fan #331 - Todd Martinez Fan #23 - Alex Fraige Fan #37

Rich Telford Fan #46 - Matty Marshall Fan #1 - Thomas "Troll" Taylor Fan #616
Nicky Cuba Fan #103
Vicious Fan Club #23
Ionbluemaster8011 is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 08:24 PM #17
Ionbluemaster8011
Christ Balla
 
Ionbluemaster8011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
I voted IDC because in the end...I realy don't. I am going to live my life as I see fit, and not by some made up book of fiction.
are you saying the BIble or the Koran are fiction.
__________________
Christian Balla!
Dynasty Fan #331 - Todd Martinez Fan #23 - Alex Fraige Fan #37

Rich Telford Fan #46 - Matty Marshall Fan #1 - Thomas "Troll" Taylor Fan #616
Nicky Cuba Fan #103
Vicious Fan Club #23
Ionbluemaster8011 is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 08:24 PM #18
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
I guess evidence to the contrary of your belief system takes faith in your eyes. I can lay my hands on the empirical evidence of my beliefs. Can you?
But then it wouldn't be a belief. Faith is not about what can be proven for a person to trust it. Faith is about trust. Yes, to a person who will not trust it will seem illogical and foolish and even ignorant, but from ignorance to knowledge is only a matter of the number of people who agree with your POV. People of faith can refer to people with no faith as foolish and ignorant of the things pertaining to the faith and likewise the faithless to the faithful.
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 08:26 PM #19
Plan B 13
 
 
Plan B 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionbluemaster8011 View Post
Yes i believe that everything in this natural world was created by my God. So every human is an image of God. So i can tough a human. Jesus was the perfect example.( do you belive that Jesus the person lived on this earth?) Do you believe the complexity of the human body happened by accident. I am guessing you believe in evolution. i may be wrong but that is my assumpion.
So god created Rapist, Murders, Psychopaths, etc.?
__________________
1017 BRICKSQUAD
Plan B 13 is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 08:26 PM #20
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionbluemaster8011 View Post
are you saying the BIble or the Koran are fiction.
Much of what is in them is taken from previous pagan religions/beliefs that are now considered to be myth.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 08:26 PM #21
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionbluemaster8011 View Post
are you saying the BIble or the Koran are fiction.
Overbear believes man to be "gods" since he can only see people who put humanity ONLY as people all other he holds a disdain. Yes, he has made statements to that effect. I'm sure overbear will correct me and clarify this.
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump