What I believe - Page 2 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:00 PM #22
GoldEaglev2 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: FLorida 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
I just had this overwhelming feeling of God.
That's it: it's a feeling, nothing more. I've had overwhelming feelings that ghosts inhabit my house. Does that mean they do?
GoldEaglev2 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2007, 07:01 PM #23
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..
 
mynameisjonathon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: TN
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
I can tell you what I believe, but I'll ask you this first: Why does it matter? Their children had bellybuttons, we have bellybuttons...
It would prove if the first man was created by an outside force or not...
__________________
aim yooler
Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down

http://www.bestpanamacitybeachcondo.com
mynameisjonathon is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:01 PM #24
9a0k7 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldEaglev2 View Post
That's it: it's a feeling, nothing more. I've had overwhelming feelings that ghosts inhabit my house. Does that mean they do?
Thanks for the oversimplified straw-man argument.
9a0k7 is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:03 PM #25
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
Philosophers often define words differently to fit their premise. Its not the word that is important, but the definition or concept which the composer creates.

I'm no philosopher, but I see no reason why I can't do it too.
Well, I guess that's your perogative. Isn't that a little deceptive though?
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:03 PM #26
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator
 
MVPaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Hope, PA
Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisjonathon View Post
It would prove if the first man was created by an outside force or not...
No, it wouldn't.
If we somehow found his intact body and it didn't have a belly-button, then it would support creation greatly.

If he did have a belly button, then he'd just fall into my idea, and God created a man with a belly-button.
__________________
If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the internet.
MVPaintballer is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:04 PM #27
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator
 
MVPaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Hope, PA
Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldEaglev2 View Post
That's it: it's a feeling, nothing more. I've had overwhelming feelings that ghosts inhabit my house. Does that mean they do?
I literally mean overwhelming.

I knew a lot more than I did an hour before - about Biology, myself, and God.
__________________
If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the internet.
MVPaintballer is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:04 PM #28
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..
 
mynameisjonathon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: TN
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
No, it wouldn't.
If we somehow found his intact body and it didn't have a belly-button, then it would support creation greatly.

If he did have a belly button, then he'd just fall into my idea, and God created a man with a belly-button.
If I beleived the world started last thursday, would my theory be any less correct than yours?
__________________
aim yooler
Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down

http://www.bestpanamacitybeachcondo.com
mynameisjonathon is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:05 PM #29
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator
 
MVPaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Hope, PA
Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
Well, I guess that's your perogative. Isn't that a little deceptive though?
No, because I don't do it with intent
How's that for irony.
__________________
If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the internet.
MVPaintballer is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:07 PM #30
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator
 
MVPaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Hope, PA
Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisjonathon View Post
If I beleived the world started last thursday, would my theory be any less correct than yours?
Actually it's not a theory, its a belief, faith, or idea.

No, and in fact, when I was younger I would think about that all the time. "What if everything was created right here and now, including memories and experiences?".

But I'm not attempting to provide evidence for creation, just to give an idea that works with literal biblical creation, and works with the evidence we find around us. Not that the evidence we find supports creation.
__________________
If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the internet.

Last edited by MVPaintballer : 04-02-2007 at 07:09 PM.
MVPaintballer is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:08 PM #31
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
No, because I don't do it with intent
How's that for irony.
I think you do, and regardless, you were saying that they didn't have intent either. Look at it this way: I could say, "I believe in God." But if I decide to define 'God' differently than everyone else on this planet, I'm decieving them. Saying one thing that I know will make them think ONE thing, and actually meaning something very much different.

I would also make the claim that 'philosophers' are not 'allowed' to do that either.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:09 PM #32
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..
 
mynameisjonathon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: TN
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
Actually it's not a theory, its a belief, faith, or idea.

No, and in fact, when I was younger I would think about that all the time. "What if everything was created right here and now, including memories and experiences?".

But I'm not attempting to provide evidence for creation, just to give an idea that works with literal biblical creation, and works with the evidence we find around us.
Well I can't technicaly prove your wrong, I'll just chose to inform you that I think your idea is very foolish, but none the less your idea.
__________________
aim yooler
Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down

http://www.bestpanamacitybeachcondo.com
mynameisjonathon is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:11 PM #33
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator
 
MVPaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Hope, PA
Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
I think you do, and regardless, you were saying that they didn't have intent either. Look at it this way: I could say, "I believe in God." But if I decide to define 'God' differently than everyone else on this planet, I'm decieving them. Saying one thing that I know will make them think ONE thing, and actually meaning something very much different.

I would also make the claim that 'philosophers' are not 'allowed' to do that either.
You're micro analyzing this.

I just read Hume's Determinism argument and he did it ;P I know, I know, it doesn't make it right.
__________________
If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the internet.
MVPaintballer is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:14 PM #34
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator
 
MVPaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Hope, PA
Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisjonathon View Post
Well I can't technicaly prove your wrong, I'll just chose to inform you that I think your idea is very foolish, but none the less your idea.
I say its fairly clever

Which is better:

Dinosaurs are vegans and walked with man (Contradicts science)
God made dinosaurs evolve then kill them (Contradicts Bible)
Dinosaurs are made up by the devil-worshiping paleontologists. (Contradicts reality)
Dinosaurs are a byproduct of creation. (Infallible, perfect, and correct )
__________________
If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the internet.
MVPaintballer is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:15 PM #35
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
You're micro analyzing this.

I just read Hume's Determinism argument and he did it ;P I know, I know, it doesn't make it right.
True, but that's because I'm a microbe. That just stood out to me.

Either way, what difference does it make? Your idea is as valid as the one you thought up when you were a kid. It does make perfect logical sense, even though it is impossible to prove. Here's the catch22 though: your idea is not held valid by any form of Christianity (feel free to prove me wrong on that). And given that fact, it doesn't really matter. This is an exercise in futility, like creation science, you are trying to come up with a scientifically valid argument for religion that is both scientifically accurate and Biblically allowable. I'm not sure what you want people to say.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:16 PM #36
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..
 
mynameisjonathon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: TN
 has been a member for 10 years
If the time everything starts at is 0 then all god did was really create a 6 day old galaxy. How do you know all six day old galaxys dont look like this?
__________________
aim yooler
Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down

http://www.bestpanamacitybeachcondo.com
mynameisjonathon is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:18 PM #37
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator
 
MVPaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Hope, PA
Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisjonathon View Post
If the time everything starts at is 0 then all god did was really create a 6 day old galaxy. How do you know all six day old galaxys dont look like this?
Time starts at 14 billion years.
__________________
If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the internet.
MVPaintballer is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:19 PM #38
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator
 
MVPaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Hope, PA
Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
Either way, what difference does it make? Your idea is as valid as the one you thought up when you were a kid. It does make perfect logical sense, even though it is impossible to prove. Here's the catch22 though: your idea is not held valid by any form of Christianity (feel free to prove me wrong on that). And given that fact, it doesn't really matter. This is an exercise in futility, like creation science, you are trying to come up with a scientifically valid argument for religion that is both scientifically accurate and Biblically allowable. I'm not sure what you want people to say.
Actually the intentions of my idea are the complete opposite.

It fits in Genesis 1 and 2, includes a literal 6-day interpretation, and also explains scientific findings that say otherwise without twisting science to support Christian creationism.

Edit: The Bible, especially Genesis, is a summary. Creation takes up a page and a half in my Bible - doesn't go on to the exact mechanism and such.
__________________
If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the internet.

Last edited by MVPaintballer : 04-02-2007 at 07:23 PM.
MVPaintballer is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:22 PM #39
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..
 
mynameisjonathon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: TN
 has been a member for 10 years
I mean I could make the argument evolution occured over a period of 6 days.
__________________
aim yooler
Rain down, rain down
Come on rain down on me
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down

http://www.bestpanamacitybeachcondo.com
mynameisjonathon is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:22 PM #40
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator
 
MVPaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Hope, PA
Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisjonathon View Post
I mean I could make the argument evolution occured over a period of 6 days.
Wouldn't fit into the Bible.
__________________
If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the internet.
MVPaintballer is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:25 PM #41
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator
 
MVPaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: New Hope, PA
Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Taking a break>>> dinner
__________________
If you don't have anything nice to say, say it on the internet.
MVPaintballer is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 07:35 PM #42
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
Actually the intentions of my idea are the complete opposite.
Lol@the guy who says, 'No I'm not' and then proceeds to describe exactly what I just said.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump