Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 05:45 PM #64
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydertlmod View Post
That is pretty much it.. he wasn't black nor white.. he was arabian... Olive Skin... which is neither black nor white.... meh... he died for my sins all the same.. who cares what color he is...
IF jesus existed (doubtful) I agree, his complexion would be somethign along the lines of someone from turkey, perhaps along the mountain people of afganastan. Keep in mind the roman influence in the area at the time. So there would have been lighter complextions but still not "white" and most defnetly no blond hair or blue eyes (the romans got their butts handed to them by the nordic so there was no real influence from that area on the DNA)
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2007, 05:45 PM #65
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
so, you are calling him ignorant for haveing a disbelief in god, does that make you ignorant for believeing in god?
Just because Jesus existed doesn't mean that He was the son of God, etc.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:48 PM #66
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
as I said man, I have yet to see proof this "jesus, born in a manger, to a chick named mary, and grew up to walk around on water and be hung on a cross to die" ever existed.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:11 PM #67
Tippmann playa
Workin' dat insulin spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber-Balla View Post
Who even knows that "Jesus" existed? I mean really unless you show me physical proof, instead of all this biblical proof then you will be god himself. At here again is there really a god? No one knows and no one person will EVER KNOW because it is a state of being and a colaboration of passed down tales from generation to generation. SO to answer your question is "Jesus" black. I say yes. As far as I am concerned he is all the colors of a rainbow because he dosent exist. And if you know a little somenthing about colors invisible/white what ever you want to call it is an aray of all the colors known to man, and not known to man. So basically this thread contradicts its self and is pointless.
We have quite the genious here

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 04-03-2007, 06:27 PM #68
spydertlmod
CVA Paintball *Owner*

Quote:
IF jesus existed (doubtful) I agree, his complexion would be somethign along the lines of someone from turkey, perhaps along the mountain people of afganastan. Keep in mind the roman influence in the area at the time. So there would have been lighter complextions but still not "white" and most defnetly no blond hair or blue eyes (the romans got their butts handed to them by the nordic so there was no real influence from that area on the DNA)
thats actually cool that even though you don't believe in a GOD persay, that people still use logic every now and again.. my hat is off to you sir!
Ascendancy
Old 04-03-2007, 06:37 PM #69
spydertlmod
CVA Paintball *Owner*

Quote:
as I said man, I have yet to see proof this "jesus, born in a manger, to a chick named mary, and grew up to walk around on water and be hung on a cross to die" ever existed.
well there is a LOT of historical information that supports everything in the bible is true, it is hard to PROVE that anything truly existed. Hopefully this conversation can stay educated, and professional, without having people who do not use their minds jump in.
Go with me here for a second, think of the bible as a historical document(for the sake of conversation), and it chronicles the life of a particular person, which it does. Now, take a history text book, which also chronicles the life of of certain people. In both books there are gaps, missing time lines and disputed information. Unless you are there, in person, or, have the ability to travel back into time and see these things for ourselves, we CANNOT prove anyhting, by just reading a book. With both books there is some room for speculation, and room for interpretation.
Ascendancy
Old 04-03-2007, 06:46 PM #70
spydertlmod
CVA Paintball *Owner*

Quote:
uh, please show proof. I have asked for said proof in MANY threads and we have yet to have any offered out.

so, you are calling him ignorant for haveing a disbelief in god, does that make you ignorant for believeing in god?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
Quote:
Quote:
well there is a LOT of historical information that supports everything in the bible is true, it is hard to PROVE that anything truly existed. Hopefully this conversation can stay educated, and professional, without having people who do not use their minds jump in.
Go with me here for a second, think of the bible as a historical document(for the sake of conversation), and it chronicles the life of a particular person, which it does. Now, take a history text book, which also chronicles the life of of certain people. In both books there are gaps, missing time lines and disputed information. Unless you are there, in person, or, have the ability to travel back into time and see these things for ourselves, we CANNOT prove anyhting, by just reading a book. With both books there is some room for speculation, and room for interpretation.

There seems to be a lot of people asking "Prove to me that there is a GOD", well prove to ME that there isn't a GOD.
Ascendancy
Old 04-03-2007, 06:46 PM #71
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
There is superficial historical evidence in the bible. I can flip that and say since Stephen King used real places in "The Stand" we should all be worshipping Randall Flagg in a few hundred years. Many authors use real places as the backdrop for their stories. It does not give the story any weight, does not make it true. You are trying to compare somethings we know happened like WWII to myths and tales in the bible that have little to no backing.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:47 PM #72
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid

TESlight'emupTES donated to help Peyton Trent
Just FYI: MVPaintballer is an atheist turned Christian. He wasn't questioning God at all.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:47 PM #73
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

Quote:
There seems to be a lot of people asking "Prove to me that there is a GOD", well prove to ME that there isn't a GOD.
There is no proof there is a god. You cannot disprove something that has never been proven.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:49 PM #74
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESlight'emupTES View Post
alex, bannedbi, Gold, jonathon, and tony seem to be the most opinionated guys here (or maybe just the loudest... much <3 to them though ). I'm surprised because most of them question the validity of the Bible (especially the New Testament, which is basically Jesus' life on paper). I'd just as soon doubt He existed as doubt what's basically His biography.
Heh, when did I get labeled the most opinionated? I'm not even atheist...
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down

http://www.bestpanamacitybeachcondo.com
Old 04-03-2007, 06:54 PM #75
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
There is no proof there is a god. You cannot disprove something that has never been proven.
spydertlmod: he has a point there. You can not disprove what has never been shown to exist at all. In science we seak to prove things, if by that act we find we have disproven the theory, we still strive to find ways to prove the orginial idea untell there can be no doubt.

The search for 'god' is much like this, we search and strive to find some proof, any proof, even a tiny shread of proof of 'gods' existance, but at every turn we find we have proven he/she/it does not exist.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:56 PM #76
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..

Quote:
spydertlmod: he has a point there. You can not disprove what has never been shown to exist at all. In science we seak to prove things, if by that act we find we have disproven the theory, we still strive to find ways to prove the orginial idea untell there can be no doubt.

The search for 'god' is much like this, we search and strive to find some proof, any proof, even a tiny shread of proof of 'gods' existance, but at every turn we find we have proven he/she/it does not exist.
Heh, got any speific examples of this proof we are constantly searching for and not finding?

Neither side can win the argument...and even if one of the sides is right, no one would know.
From a great height
Rain down, rain down

Old 04-03-2007, 07:05 PM #77
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisjonathon View Post
Heh, got any speific examples of this proof we are constantly searching for and not finding?

Neither side can win the argument...and even if one of the sides is right, no one would know.
Sure, how about a simple one. We know birth defects are not caused by the "devil" or any other such supernatural source, we know they are caused by genetic abnormalities. In some cases we can even track said abnormalities. In a search long and hard from the dawn of time we looked to "why" this thing happend, and science brought us an answer...genetics.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:07 PM #78
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..

Quote:
Sure, how about a simple one. We know birth defects are not caused by the "devil" or any other such supernatural source, we know they are caused by genetic abnormalities. In some cases we can even track said abnormalities. In a search long and hard from the dawn of time we looked to "why" this thing happend, and science brought us an answer...genetics.
Let's just get right down too it overbear. If you are so damn smart, please please tell me about the formation of the universe, how old it is, how it was created, who and what living/inanimate objects took place, and why one religion being wrong several times is apparently the end all to all religions, and all diety. You are a bigot.
From a great height
Rain down, rain down

Old 04-03-2007, 07:12 PM #79
Overbear

Quote:
Let's just get right down too it overbear. If you are so damn smart, please please tell me about the formation of the universe, how old it is, how it was created, who and what living/inanimate objects took place, and why one religion being wrong several times is apparently the end all to all religions, and all diety. You are a bigot.
1)at this point, science isnt sure just how old the universe is. Best guess by modern mesure is betwene 12 and 14 billion years old, if we observe the age of stars, however the hubble theory puts this into question at this time due to the observable interaction betwene matter. Untell we can learn to measure dark matter we wont know just how old the universe realy is.

2)All religion has been proven wrong time, after time, after time. Just because I point out this, doesnt make me a bigot, it makes me right.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:13 PM #80
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

Quote:
Way to personally attack someone

Atheists do not act like we know how the universe was formed. But we do search out said answers. We do know it is billions upon billions of years old, as compared to the timeline in the bible which shows the earth/universe to be 6,000 to 10,000 years old. All of the evidence is stacked against the biblical account of creation. If a particular religion is wrong once that can be taken to shed light on other accounts that are mythological in nature, thus false.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:15 PM #81
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Way to personally attack someone

Atheists do not act like we know how the universe was formed. But we do search out said answers. We do know it is billions upon billions of years old, as compared to the timeline in the bible which shows the earth/universe to be 6,000 to 10,000 years old. All of the evidence is stacked against the biblical account of creation. If a particular religion is wrong once that can be taken to shed light on other accounts that are mythological in nature, thus false.
I'm not Christian, and don't advocate creation. If religion could be disproved by the falling of one, then why haven't they been disproved yet? Lets take for instance the greeks. Everyone knows gods aren't living on Mt. Olympus.

Come on though, lets not play like we have all the answers...

I called him a bigot because he is. Sorry.
From a great height
Rain down, rain down

Old 04-03-2007, 07:15 PM #82
WGP WARRIOR (Banned)

Old 04-03-2007, 07:17 PM #83
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..

Quote:
1)at this point, science isnt sure just how old the universe is. Best guess by modern mesure is betwene 12 and 14 billion years old, if we observe the age of stars, however the hubble theory puts this into question at this time due to the observable interaction betwene matter. Untell we can learn to measure dark matter we wont know just how old the universe realy is.

2)All religion has been proven wrong time, after time, after time. Just because I point out this, doesnt make me a bigot, it makes me right.
If I said there must be an outside force that acted on the formation of the universe, and this is my god, this is the only principal my religion adheres too, how would you prove me wrong?
From a great height
Rain down, rain down

Old 04-03-2007, 07:18 PM #84
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

Quote:
I'm not Christian, and don't advocate creation. If religion could be disproved by the falling of one, then why haven't they been disproved yet? Lets take for instance the greeks. Everyone knows gods aren't living on Mt. Olympus.

Come on though, lets not play like we have all the answers...

I called him a bigot because he is. Sorry.
Personal attacks should result in a ban. If you cannot keep it civil perhaps the thread is too much for you.

Have the greek gods been disproven? That is news to me. Like the christian, jewish, muslim god perhaps they are just invisible and only appear to those that truely believe. You see, there is nothing that has ever been proven in religion that would point to any god being feasible at all.
Closed Thread