No 54 78.26%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 10:49 PM #43
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid

has been a member for 10 years
TESlight'emupTES donated to help Peyton Trent
I find it hilarious that 5 of the most opinionated atheists on this entire forum even bothered to vote.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2007, 10:50 PM #44
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESlight'emupTES View Post
I find it hilarious that 5 of the most opinionated atheists on this entire forum even bothered to vote.
Who are they? And why does it surprise you? Jesus was a real person. You don't have to accept him as the son of God to know that. One can study Jesus in a purely historical sense.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
Old 04-02-2007, 10:56 PM #45
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
Who are they? And why does it surprise you? Jesus was a real person. You don't have to accept him as the son of God to know that. One can study Jesus in a purely historical sense.
alex, bannedbi, Gold, jonathon, and tony seem to be the most opinionated guys here (or maybe just the loudest... much <3 to them though ). I'm surprised because most of them question the validity of the Bible (especially the New Testament, which is basically Jesus' life on paper). I'd just as soon doubt He existed as doubt what's basically His biography.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:23 AM #46
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
alex, bannedbi, Gold, jonathon, and tony seem to be the most opinionated guys here (or maybe just the loudest... much <3 to them though ). I'm surprised because most of them question the validity of the Bible (especially the New Testament, which is basically Jesus' life on paper). I'd just as soon doubt He existed as doubt what's basically His biography.
Doubting the validity of the claim that he is the son of God is different than doubting if he ever existed though. He did exist, we know that from a historical standpoint. But whether or not he is the son of God is opinion/philosophy. His ethnicity we also know was Hebrew. So again, he was not black, white, Arabic, or Persian. He was a Hebrew living in the Roman Empire, a multi-national empire.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
Old 04-03-2007, 07:41 AM #47
Crippled Dogma

Quote:
That would be a naive post. Most people, including those mentioned, believe Jesus as a man existed. Many documents beyond the bible seem to prove that.

I'll give you the benefit of doubt, that you are not making any implications about them here. It really shouldn't surprise you though.

Raider Ball! Raider Ball! Raider Ball!
Old 04-03-2007, 07:43 AM #48
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippled Dogma View Post
That would be a naive post. Most people, including those mentioned, believe Jesus as a man existed. Many documents beyond the bible seem to prove that.
My point exactly. Jesus can be very easily studied as an historical figure.
#12 Italian Baller
-Václav Havel
Old 04-03-2007, 10:12 AM #49
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid

Did any of you guys check out those links on Josephus I posted? They're really interesting. In his writing, he talks about Jesus doing the same things as the Bible talks about. Josephus was kinda like a news reporter during the time.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:15 AM #50
Mastermind26
We are moons

Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Did any of you guys check out those links on Josephus I posted? They're really interesting. In his writing, he talks about Jesus doing the same things as the Bible talks about. Josephus was kinda like a news reporter during the time.
I think their point of contention is not whether Jesus existed or did things while He was alive. It is more of the proof that He came back from the dead (proving to be God's Son) just as He promised.

EDIT: So by now I think the thread has lost all meaning. People generally understand that Jesus was NOT black or white, but more olive/brown/etc.

/thread?

CK member #04 (???)

Last edited by Mastermind26 : 04-03-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:19 AM #51
Uber-Balla
**¡¡¡@ןןı

Who even knows that "Jesus" existed? I mean really unless you show me physical proof, instead of all this biblical proof then you will be god himself. At here again is there really a god? No one knows and no one person will EVER KNOW because it is a state of being and a colaboration of passed down tales from generation to generation. SO to answer your question is "Jesus" black. I say yes. As far as I am concerned he is all the colors of a rainbow because he dosent exist. And if you know a little somenthing about colors invisible/white what ever you want to call it is an aray of all the colors known to man, and not known to man. So basically this thread contradicts its self and is pointless.

k849Or: "As far as fields are concerned, there's the one on base next to the skeet shooting range."
DUNWOODY HIGH SCHOOL PAINTBAL 4 LYFE!!
Miami Rave

Last edited by Uber-Balla : 04-03-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:23 AM #52
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber-Balla View Post
Who even knows that "Jeasus" existed? I mean really unless you show me physical proof, instead of all this biblical proof then you will be god himself. At here again is there really a god? No one knows and no one person will EVER KNOW because it is a state of being and a colaboration of passed down tales from generation to generation. SO to answer your question is "Jeasus" black. I say yes. As far as I am concerned he is all the colors of a rainbow because he dosent exist. And if you know a little somenthing about colors invisible/white what ever you want to call it is an aray of all the colors known to man, and not known to man. So basically this thread contradicts its self and is pointless.
I think you are correct, "jeasus" as the Son of God never existed. "Jesus" during Bible times (Gregorian calendar year ~0-33) did. Many texts offered as proof. That that proves He WAS the Son of God, is the point of discussion (obviously).

I agree that this thread has run it's course.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 04-03-2007, 10:24 AM #53
careyman_462
Maverick says :tup:

Quote:
Who even knows that "Jesus" existed? I mean really unless you show me physical proof, instead of all this biblical proof then you will be god himself. At here again is there really a god? No one knows and no one person will EVER KNOW because it is a state of being and a colaboration of passed down tales from generation to generation. SO to answer your question is "Jesus" black. I say yes. As far as I am concerned he is all the colors of a rainbow because he dosent exist. And if you know a little somenthing about colors invisible/white what ever you want to call it is an aray of all the colors known to man, and not known to man. So basically this thread contradicts its self and is pointless.
That's not what this thread is about, so take your rant somewhere else. In this discussion, we're assuming you believe he existed, and we're speculating on what race he was.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:30 AM #54
Uber-Balla
**¡¡¡@ןןı

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyman_462 View Post
That's not what this thread is about, so take your rant somewhere else. In this discussion, we're assuming you believe he existed, and we're speculating on what race he was.
So if I am proving that he never existed, therefore contradicting this thread, why dont you close it then? Because obviously somenthing that dosent exist dosent have a specific size, shape or color correct? Therefore making it obsolete.

k849Or: "As far as fields are concerned, there's the one on base next to the skeet shooting range."
DUNWOODY HIGH SCHOOL PAINTBAL 4 LYFE!!
Miami Rave
Old 04-03-2007, 10:32 AM #55
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
So if I am proving that he never existed, therefore contradicting this thread, why dont you close it then? Because obviously somenthing that dosent exist dosent have a specific size, shape or color correct? Therefore making it obsolete.
I LOL'd. Seriously.

Please provide "proof" since this would solve it for EVERYONE one the world either way.

EDIT: fixed them thar spellen urrors.

CK member #04 (???)

Last edited by Mastermind26 : 04-03-2007 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:34 AM #56
careyman_462
Maverick says :tup:

Quote:
Seriously, man, just get the **** out if you don't like the thread. You're not proving anything. If it could be proven one way or the other, we wouldn't have 49328577 different religions. This thread is simply about discussing Jesus's race, if you're not going to stay on topic, then don't post.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:37 AM #57
Furious_J
bockbock velcrowrapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Paint View Post
Jesus was a Galaean Jew - He looked like every other middle eastern man.

The area is filled with dark olive skinned men and woman.
This pretty much sums it up / thread
CK I kneel for Jesus
RL#594

Please support the March of Dimes!
http://www.marchforbabies.org/s_team_page.asp?seid=620728
Old 04-03-2007, 12:00 PM #58
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
You are an idiot. Non-religious texts and historical documents prove that there was a Jesus of Nazareth living from 0-33 in the Roman Empire. He was a Hebrew and gathered a following of diciples. He was sentenced to death by Pontius Pilate, also a real person.

That is all fact, supported by historical primary and secondary sources and documents. What is up for debate is whether Jesus was just some loony or the actual son of God.

Basically, you are ignoring all historical evidence just like Holocaust denying Neo-Nazis. No one has patience for idiots that ignore evidence and fact that is right in front of their face, especially not me, a student of history. What else would you like to deny that history has proven? Hhhmm maybe the pyramids didn't exist either! Or how about King Charlemagne, nah he was fake. Hey while we're at it, I guess we never landed on the moon!
#12 Italian Baller
-Václav Havel
Old 04-03-2007, 12:14 PM #59
spyderpilot05acs
Detroit basketball

jesus was made in the likeness of god so that means God is black too?
Old 04-03-2007, 01:27 PM #60
Hey wouldja (Banned)
Not again...

He is actually yellow, like the simpsons.

Psh he was probably black but who cares.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:36 PM #61
spydertlmod
CVA Paintball *Owner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious_J View Post
This pretty much sums it up / thread
That is pretty much it.. he wasn't black nor white.. he was arabian... Olive Skin... which is neither black nor white.... meh... he died for my sins all the same.. who cares what color he is...
Ascendancy
Old 04-03-2007, 02:11 PM #62
ipoppedtimmy
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderpilot05acs View Post
jesus was made in the likeness of god so that means God is black too?
Adam, not Jesus

Buy my Fender Deluxe Tube Amp!
Buy My Autococker Paintball Package
Old 04-03-2007, 04:42 PM #63
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
Your ignorance is outstanding.

Jesus existed. That is a historical fact.
uh, please show proof. I have asked for said proof in MANY threads and we have yet to have any offered out.

so, you are calling him ignorant for haveing a disbelief in god, does that make you ignorant for believeing in god?
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Closed Thread