Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: should i get a new marker?
yes 88 69.84%
no 38 30.16%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 03:11 PM #43
monkeyfasta

i shot a e-tek yesterday and im speechless. it was so nice! i dont want the 06 ego, im playing young guns, i dont need a 06 ego. i think im gonna get the e-tek.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2007, 10:32 PM #44
davidre0
Adventure!

davidre0 plays in the PSP
davidre0 plays in the APPA D5 division
Really depends if you have a hopper that will be fast enough and comfortable and also a tank that it comfortable. But more hopper than tank, because I play with an 05 ego and i use a 50/3k steely and it doesnt effect my performance nearly at all.

Viva la Shift Juan!
Old 04-06-2007, 12:26 PM #45
kylelee
Ya fell me Brah?!?

nxt for real

Originally Posted by PaperPaintball
have a romantic night out, make it all perfect. and then at some point be like, "i really think this relationship is going places" be all smiley and crap...and then hit her with "and thats why i want out...now."

Originally Posted by ShinySombrero
so, between you and your friend you managed to **** into 2 toilets?impressive
Old 04-06-2007, 08:26 PM #46
GivenRandy

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGerbik View Post
The only reason you should get a new gun is, 1) You really have come to hate your current one. 2) Your current one is not and never was comfortable for you to use. 3) You feel your abilities have progressed enough that you are outperforming the ion.

It is the fashionable thing to hate on ions these days which would lead you to ditch it for the wrong reasons. I personally bought an ion after a long absence from the game. As i got better i upgraded it to improve it s performance. After i felt i progressed passed the marker i bought a new one.

A new marker does indeed do alot, but if you arent at a stage where you are outperforming the old one than you really arent going to see much differance. Despite its taboos the Ion is a great reliable gun. I personally never had it once fail on me, and so i keep it as a backup.

Dont buy somthing for the wrong reasons.
Ditto. Just shoot the people that disagree. In fact, take a month and go the other direction -- borrow a pump and play some speedball -- it'll really improve your skills and you'll really see that the Ion is a pretty good gun and that you can dismiss much of the hype that is the fad.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:54 AM #47
jhawk0o04
WeEzIe #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by <~oneballed~> View Post
ions arent as good as their new "cheap/high-end" couterparts. Sell your ion and save up some $ and you can get a good gun for really cheap, epiphany, mini, fusion, pmr and other old highends that have a lot of ups, the options are "vast" (lol, i always wanted to say that word)
Why sell an Ion for an epiphany, that is a horrible desicion. An epiphany is just a semi upd Ion with a new body kit FYI very heavy. He said his Ionj is very upgraded so that would be a HUGE downgrade.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:00 AM #48
Blaze008
It's Ragnarok!

Ions have low resale value, so it doesnt matter when you sell it

I'm not a smart parts fan, so I'd advise getting a mini or pmr or even an Angel

Ragnarok has arrived
My Feedback
Old 04-08-2007, 12:49 PM #49
MrGerbik
Shogun of Harlem

You onvioudly have your mind made up on getting a new gun soooo. I would not go for a mini or pmr or epiph. You said your ion is pretty well upped. YOur not going to get much more of a performance boost out of those guns because in reality despite the threads saying all these guns rock the ion, they are not to the point that you would feel a big differance.

Again i must state if you have not exceeded the limits of your gun than buying a new one is useless.

Personal experiance. Asi said i upped my ion until it was no logner worth it to me. I bought a new gun. The gun i got was the Angel 1. Your going to have to spend a little money like i did to get a noticable change. This is assuming you are comfortable with your ions set up. If the gun is uncomfortable then obviosly you will notice the change in the feel, but may not necissarily notice the performance.

If you have the means then i would 100% recommend the A1. Or even an older ego. Maybe try out one of the older angels. There are a bunch of guns that are coming out or have come out already. That leaves a fresh batch that just a few months ago were top of the line. Dont worry about resale and stuff like that. Its a fact of life that your gun is going to be outdated at one time. I bought my angel and WDP puts out like 20 guns a year and they quickly outdate(exaggerating but at one time they were putting out like 1 every 6 months i think).

Grab an older model gun. Shoot them first if u can. Hope you like what you get.