PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-02-2007, 11:52 AM #1
elliottimaging

New website design, please critique

Hey guys,

I have had my company elliottimaging.com running since august.. And just recently made a huge change to the look and layout of the webpage. Not to mention, I am offering my fine art black and white images now.

This webpage will be a portal for application to be a photographer for newspapers. I am looking for some good critiques and support. I am wondering if you think I would impress an editor and get the job.

www.elliottimaging.com
Old 04-02-2007, 12:18 PM #2
thebigx
Blue Letter Society

thebigx is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
the only problem i had with your site are the 404 errors. if it is still under construction, then thats understandable... but! if the editors were to see your site now, it might make a bad impression. the direction of the site is good, personally would not include the paintball link on there, i'd just concentrate on what you want your site to be about... images and photojournalism.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:47 PM #3
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
give the document a name!

my browser just displays "Untitled document" you are gonna want to put something there instead.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Old 04-02-2007, 01:55 PM #4
risingchaos
Stankin Nugs

risingchaos is a Paintball photographer
risingchaos supports Team VICIOUS
Not, bad. The side bar where the arrow and name bounces is cool, but for me a little annoying.

Also, I like how you have your photos on the homepage, but when I went to the portfolio they were the same pictures i didn't see any new ones. If you plan on putting more in there then it'll be fine, but as of now its its just like "I've already seen these, I want something different"
ZHays Design - Graphic Design | Photography
Old 04-02-2007, 03:14 PM #5
the_lane
Lurking Since '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
give the document a name!

my browser just displays "Untitled document" you are gonna want to put something there instead.
YES!
And if you have to have the Ebay/myspace links in there, you might want to make them under a "links"tab.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:52 PM #6
elliottimaging

thanks for the suggestions.. however.. they are all minor things. Yes the site is under construction.

The paintball link and the myspace link are probably going to stay..

When you go to the gallery store.. there are many more images. You just have to wait a second. they change.. or you can just click on the image and it puts it into a portfolio mode.

I was looking for critiques on the images themselves .. thanks guys for your thoughts.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:45 PM #7
haywoodeee
really a 2k4er

haywoodeee owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
haywoodeee plays in the APPA beginner division
if you want critique on the images.. you'll post the images in here with img tags.. not a link to a site with them

looks like the site was used with a TemplateMonster template. im probably wrong.. but thats what it looks like