PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-01-2007, 11:45 PM #1
Capita
No Friends

cocker recocks and puts ball 1/3 down the barrel????????

ok so i am shooting it(it= mini e-oracle with worrblade) tonight jsut to tweak it to perfection.. and well did all that and was curious as to why my velocity was spiking and well found out that when it recocks it puts the ball past the detent cuz the bolt goes past it and the ball is put like 3 to 5 inches into the barrel or sometimes the ball will jsut roll out so i will dry fire the first shot..thus when i do fire the ball is at different positions every shot unless firing fast... is the bolt supposed to push the ball past the detent??? i dont think its supposed to but w/e. what are some reasons for this? or is this normal?
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2007, 12:02 AM #2
paintballpunk23
Alkaline Trio

paintballpunk23 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballpunk23 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballpunk23 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballpunk23 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Yes the bolt is supposed to push the ball past the detent. The detent is just there to prevent double feeding. Paint to bore match is critical with cockers to get the best performance out of them as the ball actually sits in the barrel, to big and you have what happened to you where it rolls out and you dry fire the first shot.

What I drive-93-300zx/90-Corrado/01-mr-s

Ballin since 94.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:12 AM #3
Capita
No Friends

i was afraid of that cuz i like to overbore size a little when i play jsut to assure no ball breakage.. man i kinda dont like that lol so its hit or miss if the ball is going to roll outa my barrel or not. except absolute bore size match. well thank you very much for the info still new to cockers so i am stil llearninge verything thanks again!!
Old 04-02-2007, 12:12 AM #4
Dr.StraightPride

Lower your LPR pressure.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:16 AM #5
Fakename76

Or do what i do with my black magic, aim and pull the trigger 3 times. That way i have a perfect minimum 2 shot miss
Old 04-02-2007, 02:40 AM #6
Wv7o

Get a barrel kit

edit: barrel size is not the usual reason for paint breaking, your barrel would have to be extreamly small for that to be the cause of breaking paint.

Breaking paint is usualy caused by chopping, or just poor quality paint.

Last edited by Wv7o : 04-02-2007 at 02:45 AM.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:17 AM #7
Capita
No Friends

ok thanks ill try that lpr adjustng and break down n buy a barrel kit in cocker thread. thanks for the advice ill post tomorrow if it helped
Old 04-03-2007, 11:31 PM #8
BanzaiBandits

The bolt is suppose to push the ball pass the detent. The detent is there to hold the ball in place when the bolt is in the open position. It sounds like the paint your using is too small of a size for the barrel your using. It's NOT an LPR problem - otherwise you wouldn't even be able to shoot paint thru it!! Try using a small bore size barrel or get a barrel kit with different bore sizes. That way you can match the bore with the paint you're using. Tip #99 - if you point the barrel towards the ground and the ball rolls thru - the paint you're using is a small bore size paint. Switch brands/grades or use a small bore barrel.. Hope this helps
Old 04-04-2007, 01:52 PM #9
Capita
No Friends

ok so no lpr adjustments. i didnt get what that had to do with this but i was going try it anyways. but thanks for clearing that up. well i bought in bulk. and yea this paint is vey small bore. its about .686 bore size and my barrel is a .689 which stops few of them that happen to be a little bigger bore. but yeah i am trying to get a sceptor kit for it. i have a redz pepperstick kit for my shocker which i am very happy with but i like the inserts. so ima try sceptor.. oh and anybody know anysites that have the hybrid k2 hedlok in black.. im looking everywhee nobody has em for cocker its drivin me nuts
Old 04-04-2007, 02:00 PM #10
Capita
No Friends

thanks for all the help