Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Is it ok for churches to recruit door to door?
yes 20 28.99%
no 39 56.52%
don't care 10 14.49%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 01:37 PM #64
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA beginner division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Of Pain View Post
I believe in the Christian faith, but i dislike it when the chruch people come and preach at my door at random... I cant see my self doing it and it wastes like 2 hours of my day becuase i cant just be rude and tell them to get out.....
Tell them you are busy. You can do that without being rude to them. Most people will understand.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:44 PM #65
elTwitcho

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Of Pain View Post
I believe in the Christian faith, but i dislike it when the chruch people come and preach at my door at random... I cant see my self doing it and it wastes like 2 hours of my day becuase i cant just be rude and tell them to get out.....
You can in fact view this as an opportunity to learn to be more assertive, so that you can stop being dysfunctional. Letting people take you hostage for hours because you are too submissive to let them know you aren't interested shows that you have some assets of your personality which are preventing you from interacting with people in a healthy manner.

Stand up to them, tell them "thank you very much for your time but I'm happy with my faith right now" and if they continue to persist it is them being rude to you, not the other way around. You're well within the scope of reasonable behaviour if you politely close the door on them at this point.

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 04-02-2007, 03:38 PM #66
alex06

They came to my my door once. I now have No Trespassing signs on both sides of my driveway.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:49 PM #67
paintballguru92
Take no days off.

Annual Supporting Member
paintballguru92 plays in the PSP
paintballguru92 plays in the APPA D3 division
just yelll at them! "NO SPEAKY ENGLISH!!!!"
COLORADO VILLAIN #10
Denver Fury #99
FLY HIGH KREW
Old 04-02-2007, 04:26 PM #68
X_Paint
Once dead, now alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBaller88 View Post
Mormons don't feel humor.
Oh, I have a feeling at seeing you in the natural would give the gravest of person ammunition to laugh.

Granted - really really small caliber ammunition - but ammunition still.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:27 PM #69
X_Paint
Once dead, now alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
You can in fact view this as an opportunity to learn to be more assertive, so that you can stop being dysfunctional. Letting people take you hostage for hours because you are too submissive to let them know you aren't interested shows that you have some assets of your personality which are preventing you from interacting with people in a healthy manner.

Stand up to them, tell them "thank you very much for your time but I'm happy with my faith right now" and if they continue to persist it is them being rude to you, not the other way around. You're well within the scope of reasonable behaviour if you politely close the door on them at this point.

WHAT?? USE COMMON SENSE?
Old 04-02-2007, 04:32 PM #70
X_Paint
Once dead, now alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurgs View Post
so how about i go to churches and tell them we are having an athiest meeting in the town hall and tell them why christianity is wrong? would that be "appropriate"
Go for it. Just remember two things

1. They have the right to shut their doors on you - just like you have the right to shut your door on them

2. Don't complain when some of them attend the meeting.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:33 PM #71
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

I'll tell you what's wrong, being harassed by these nuts at work. During breaks and over the summers I work as a cashier at a supermarket. I have been nailed by at least 3 or 4 Jehovahs/Mormons, and 2 Christian Scientists. The latter is really bad. THAT is wrong. If they come to your hous just ask them politely to get off of your property. But behind the register... well I can't exactly go anywhere.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
Old 04-02-2007, 09:44 PM #72
Autococker_Penguin
The Streets

Ive never once had any religiously affiliated person knock on my door, but I dont agree with it.

Im Methodist, BTW.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:47 PM #73
Ari Shaffir (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
I'll tell you what's wrong, being harassed by these nuts at work. During breaks and over the summers I work as a cashier at a supermarket. I have been nailed by at least 3 or 4 Jehovahs/Mormons, and 2 Christian Scientists. The latter is really bad. THAT is wrong. If they come to your hous just ask them politely to get off of your property. But behind the register... well I can't exactly go anywhere.
Thats why most businesses are smart enough to put up no soliciting signs or stickers near the door.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:11 PM #74
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari Shaffir View Post
Thats why most businesses are smart enough to put up no soliciting signs or stickers near the door.
Yea we have those signs. Do they stop the nutties? Nope...
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
Old 04-03-2007, 11:03 AM #75
FuzzyFish

At my house I just ask em to leave, its kind of annoying, but at my friends house it becomes a hilarious show! He is 17 and living with his grandma, who is a devout catholic. The Jehovas witnesses come to her door and they always get into a huge arguement about whos going to hell... lol! I wish i could see one of those arguements, i bet its hilarious.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W Bush Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
Old 04-03-2007, 12:02 PM #76
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Ah screw, it I'm going to start wipping kumquats at them next time.
#12 Italian Baller
-Václav Havel
Old 04-03-2007, 08:47 PM #77
JayWalking

i think its mostly johovahs witnesses who do it

Christ Krew
Old 04-04-2007, 04:17 AM #78
Rattler88
R.I.P. Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post

He speaks truth, man up
Old 04-04-2007, 04:25 AM #79
Dake
The Glitch Mob

Dake is playing at Living Legends III
I was boning my woman when they came around. I answered the door in a towel, my woman called "Who is it?" from my room, the lady took off.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:00 PM #80
manwe33

Annual Supporting Member
manwe33 is playing at Living Legends V
manwe33 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
manwe33 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
manwe33 is attending Decay of Nations VI
manwe33 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Well i tryed my hardest to read most of this thread. Seems like alot of people saying the same stuff over and over again. I guess i could in lighten you guys on the other side of the fence. Seeing that Im Mormon and all. Plus i went on a mission and did the Door to Door thing we are all talking about.
Just thought i would put this out there. Feel free to ask some question.
Closed Thread