Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Is it ok for churches to recruit door to door?
yes 20 28.99%
no 39 56.52%
don't care 10 14.49%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 12:02 AM #43
android17ak47
No!!!!!

Now on a more serious note. All this thread really needed was a couple gets over it posts and be done and closed. Really.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2007, 12:06 AM #44
paintballguru92
Guru

Annual Supporting Member
paintballguru92 plays in the PSP
paintballguru92 plays in the APPA D2 division
i can stand when they come to my door...its when i get the phonecalls i get mad...because you just cant hang up on a christian telemarketer
FLY HIGH KREW
Old 04-02-2007, 12:17 AM #45
txballer077

i hate those handouts, especially the ones like, "have you ever once lied, cheated, or stolen. if you have you're going to HELL. .....so believe in jesus and you wont"

and there were...ehhh im not sure what religion acting out the crucifiction in front of the entrance to mardi gras this year in galveston and handing out phamplets like the ones i described above^^^^. i actually felt bad for the people doing it because everyone was drunk and made fun of them hardcore

btw mardi gras in galveston is the new new orleans mardi gras, its badass

______________ ______________ _____________
Old 04-02-2007, 12:22 AM #46
*The Pope* (Banned)

I don't mind people like Mormons and Jehovas Witnesses as long as they don't push their alternative lifestyle on me.

What they do behind closed doors is their business but when they are parading it around in public or in my property there's a problem.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:52 AM #47
LGB (Banned)

Meh, I get more pissed off at the ex-drug addicts trying to sell me a 3 dollar chocolate bar, if you don't like being bothered by people at your door, get a no-soliciting sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEp8ntballer View Post
next time make sure you wipe your *** with it and tell him to leave you the **** alone. Or do some other degrading thing to it, tell him to go attempt to impregnate himself, or crumple it into a ball and throw it at him while telling him where he can shove it.

Whoa look out guys, there's an immense e-gangster here

Sure that sounds cool to say online, but if you're not going to offer anything of remote value to this thread and to this forum and instead just add disrespect, then just go back to ST, they love your type.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:02 AM #48
Codymm1014
Its MY CUP

Honestly I cant stand it when they do that. They should lead others to their religion by their actions and not condemning you for what you may have done.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:06 AM #49
NorCalBaller88
iFap

has been a member for 10 years
I've solved my problem already. I was in my towel, saw it was them, took off the towel, answered the door, invited them in, they walked away.

"Plenty of room at the Hotel California..."
Old 04-02-2007, 10:13 AM #50
Furious_J
bockbock velcrowrapper

When someone holds a gun to your head then forces you to attend their church yes I have a problem with that but since that's not whats happening get over it. I visit people on Monday nights if we aren't welcome(most of the time we are b/c these people have visited our church before) we thank the person for their time and leave its that simple.
CK I kneel for Jesus
RL#594

Please support the March of Dimes!
http://www.marchforbabies.org/s_team_page.asp?seid=620728
Old 04-02-2007, 10:48 AM #51
X_Paint
Once dead, now alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9a0k7 View Post
if i came to your door telling you that you could live a much richer, greater, happier life by turning into an athiest, at 8:00am on a saturday, would you be pissed?
Amused yes, pissed no.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:53 AM #52
X_Paint
Once dead, now alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBaller88 View Post
I've solved my problem already. I was in my towel, saw it was them, took off the towel, answered the door, invited them in, they walked away.

No doubt laughing their heads off.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:42 AM #53
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
I do not believe door-to-door general church/religious solicitation is appropriate. If a local neighborhood church/religion has a special event or few a few times a year, I do not have a problem with them door-to-door inviting (assuming that is all it is).
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:01 PM #54
JBurgs

haha nooo way i think the same thing happened to me while i was in the shower and i got out to look out the window and there was these 2 ladys all dressed up
Old 04-02-2007, 12:04 PM #55
JBurgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
I do not believe door-to-door general church/religious solicitation is appropriate. If a local neighborhood church/religion has a special event or few a few times a year, I do not have a problem with them door-to-door inviting (assuming that is all it is).
so how about i go to churches and tell them we are having an athiest meeting in the town hall and tell them why christianity is wrong? would that be "appropriate"
Old 04-02-2007, 12:07 PM #56
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurgs View Post
so how about i go to churches and tell them we are having an athiest meeting in the town hall and tell them why christianity is wrong? would that be "appropriate"
You are taking what he said and trying to twist it. Rambo is a good guy, he just has different beliefs than some of us athiests. If you are having an athiests get together, by all means invite everyone to it. My biggest pieve is they invade your personal space without an invitation. It is common courtesy where I live to call ahead before you visit family & friends. You dont just show up, especially if you dont know the people.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:10 PM #57
JBurgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
You are taking what he said and trying to twist it. Rambo is a good guy, he just has different beliefs than some of us athiests. If you are having an athiests get together, by all means invite everyone to it. My biggest pieve is they invade your personal space without an invitation. It is common courtesy where I live to call ahead before you visit family & friends. You dont just show up, especially if you dont know the people.
qft
Old 04-02-2007, 12:11 PM #58
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
Get a no solicitors sign if you don't like it.

It's their right, I don't think it is very effective, but they are well within their rights to do it.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 04-02-2007, 12:12 PM #59
elTwitcho

It's amazing we have so many people in here who are such invalids that they can't close a door. It's absolutely wrong that these missionaries stand preaching to these useless gobs of fat who are paralyzed at their door step, unable to say "not interested, thanks" and completely unable to close the door which they had just opened.

It may in fact be the greatest civil rights violation of this decade, to have people so horribly disabled forced to sit and listen to an entire sermon on their doorstep. I propose that those people too monstrously stupid or lazy to close a door on their own should be provided with caregivers by the churches to make sure their disabilities are not taken advantage of again, and that someone is there to simply close the door for them as they are so blatantly unable to do so themselves.

Very sad situation

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 04-02-2007, 12:26 PM #60
SuperSupra619 (Banned)

When people come to my door we usually have some good conversations. I just say I am muslim, they start talking to me about it. Never once has it been displeasant and they all have always been very nice people. Sorry that someone took a minute out of your CS:S :rollseyes: to try and tell you something pretty much harmless. Is it that hard to say "No thanks I'm not interested. Have a nice day"?
Old 04-02-2007, 12:26 PM #61
SuperSupra619 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
It's amazing we have so many people in here who are such invalids that they can't close a door. It's absolutely wrong that these missionaries stand preaching to these useless gobs of fat who are paralyzed at their door step, unable to say "not interested, thanks" and completely unable to close the door which they had just opened.

It may in fact be the greatest civil rights violation of this decade, to have people so horribly disabled forced to sit and listen to an entire sermon on their doorstep. I propose that those people too monstrously stupid or lazy to close a door on their own should be provided with caregivers by the churches to make sure their disabilities are not taken advantage of again, and that someone is there to simply close the door for them as they are so blatantly unable to do so themselves.

Very sad situation
lol, might be the longest, well written piece of sarcasm I have ever read
Old 04-02-2007, 12:27 PM #62
NorCalBaller88
iFap

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Paint View Post
No doubt laughing their heads off.
Mormons don't feel humor.

"Plenty of room at the Hotel California..."
Old 04-02-2007, 02:33 PM #63
Paint Of Pain
Acid-Filled Paintballs

I believe in the Christian faith, but i dislike it when the chruch people come and preach at my door at random... I cant see my self doing it and it wastes like 2 hours of my day becuase i cant just be rude and tell them to get out.....