PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-08-2001, 12:47 AM #1
crgowo

has been a member for 10 years
is the shocktech trigger any good or should i go with the aka trigger.

how about the sto trigger... but is it chrome platted.
thanks
and is the aka sear the only one you can buy?
thanks for your help
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2001, 03:25 AM #2
Gh0sT

Gh0sT is a founding member
there is a lot of good stuff out there. but AKA has the highest quality trigger and sear. they are made of hardened carbon steal which means less wear. however, they are not polished and are a bit costly. but with a little polish, you could easily have one of the best triggers posible. one thing you should keep in mind is that the trigger plate is slotted so unless you have a slotted actuator rod (hard to find)it will make you pull longer. but if you do have one, it will actualy shorten your trigger pull.

i have the trigger and sear. my pull is just shy of 2MM and pretty smooth. it will be smother when i get a KAPP flattened rod. right now i have a hammered rod w/ foil to take up the extra slack, a bomb 3way and KAPP frame.
Old 05-08-2001, 12:11 PM #3
Azure
Dreamer

Well, the AKA parts -are- the best. However, the cost difference turned me off, at least on the trigger. *Shrugs.*

Right now I'm running the Shocktech plate and the AKA Sear in a Shocktech frame, and I'm very happy with the combo. Also of note, the AKA triggers are only slotted, so you'd probably want to get a flattened timing rod, adding onto the cost. I'm happy with the non-slotted feel... and my trigger's purdy damn good.

Then again, I need to either fix my current hammer or get a new one...
#87 - Team Flying Balls
Sponsored By: Apocalypse Paintball
Old 05-10-2001, 03:34 AM #4
Devaut
God.

Devaut is a Supporting Member
i'm not big on the aka parts just for the fact that you have to home-polish them, but i dryfired Gh0sT's cocker and i was very very impressed with his trigger, it actually made me want to start doing trigger jobs again

aka is one of the good companies, that uses good material and makes a great product that they can always stand behind, which is the same way i run my company, you don't release substandard parts and aka has never done that.

as for other triggers well, the shocktech is pretty bad-*** and it can be popped in without having to polish it

so it's pretty much how much money over how much effort you are willing to put into having the best trigger possible

-y
Old 05-10-2001, 10:14 AM #5
thundercock
Drunk with Power

For a Sear I would sugest the roller Sear

This thing is amazing, I have such a light break now on the trigger, it has really changed around the feel of the trigger and has made it much easier to pull even with the heavy pull that I like.

TC
Old 05-10-2001, 02:47 PM #6
STiK

shocktech trigger plate + roller sear= butta

dropped a roller sear in my shocktech and made hella difference. I know most people will just say to just polish your normal sear but I tried and didn't see much of a difference. Dropped in the roller sear and almost creamed myself.
"Dookie"=RIPPER 2K Stage 2 convertable cocker, doo-doo brown-black fade-shocktech black components,roller sear,
centerflag 68/45 420 hyperflow
Old 05-10-2001, 06:13 PM #7
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
Where can the roller sear and shocktech trigger plate be picked up at for the cheapest.
Old 05-11-2001, 08:55 AM #8
STiK

animal or ark

Animal paintbal and ArkAngel both have the roller sears for around $48-$50. G3 has the shocktech trigger plates for $17 I think.
"Dookie"=RIPPER 2K Stage 2 convertable cocker, doo-doo brown-black fade-shocktech black components,roller sear,
centerflag 68/45 420 hyperflow
Old 05-11-2001, 01:22 PM #9
Azure
Dreamer

Yep, Shocktech plates are $17.50 at G3PB... about the Roller Sears, I think you'll hear mixed reviews. But most important to note, compared to the "best" sear (the AKA)... it's four times more expensive. That's kinda insane. Especially when you hear -anyone- who says that the thing didn't even help much compared to a well polished sear.
#87 - Team Flying Balls
Sponsored By: Apocalypse Paintball