PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-31-2007, 02:01 PM #1
Oros97
Live and let live

SuperStock Rating 1-10

alright well i'm looking into buying a new superstock relativley soon and i want some input from people who've used the gun already. 1 beeing the worst and 10 beeing awesome. After you rate it please explain why you gave it what you did. Thanks guys
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2007, 02:36 PM #2
DTHA
Om nom nom

www.pbreview.com
Old 03-31-2007, 02:39 PM #3
Oros97
Live and let live

ya i've been there before 2k7'er lol i was asking for people on PBNATIONs input
Old 03-31-2007, 02:50 PM #4
DTHA
Om nom nom

Wow homo, i like how I try to help you and you make fun of the year I joined a website. Sorry i recently got around to adding my self, but does that mean I know only of the events after the date of January 2007? No, i have been playing paintball for years and may or may not know more than you, so calling names about the year I joined is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of, get a life.

And I am willing to bet a good handful of pbnation members have posted reviews on pbreview, I know I have.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:05 PM #5
UrbanCamo
is quiting paintball.

went from a VS. thread, to a personal attack thread... way to make a splash, bud. You may wanna duck when that banstick starts swingin'.

It depends on what you view as an "awesome" marker.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:19 PM #6
DTHA
Om nom nom

It is ignorance like his reaction to my atempt to help that causes people to hurt other people (dont take it the worng way, I'm not going to do anythign to him) but im talking in the real world. I have never shot the gun, and I tried to offer him advice to answer hsi question and he responds by being a smart ***, he needs to learn manners. If he thought I was being a jerk and rudely saying go here, nobody wants to answer you I wasn;t, I was trying to help.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:23 PM #7
UrbanCamo
is quiting paintball.

I was referring to Oros. I agree that you were treated very poorly, DTHA. He asked a simple asessment question, and you gave the best example of the "ratings" system he wanted. He was in the wrong.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:22 PM #8
WorrPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oros97 View Post
He had no way of knowing that you have been to Pbreview. You see a question like yours and its pretty easy to drop a link to a website that answers that question perfectly.

I'd say the rating on 8.1 that Pbreview holds for it is dead on, E-blade a prostock and you have a 10x better autococker.

-------> 21 <-------
Old 03-31-2007, 04:37 PM #9
blaster44

I owned a Superstock a while back and it worked good when I needed it (this was before I owned an Intimidator ). I didn't care too much for the Select Fire frame though.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:08 PM #10
D4Disorder
dont shoot cats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oros97 View Post
^^2k6 noob^^
now listen...(for 05 superstock)
i would rate it a 7 for cockers
because the select fire frame isnt the best e-frame you can get. and without an mq valve youre going to have lots of kick.
when compared to other markers such as timmys/egos/ etc. i would rate it a 5 or 6. it(a 05 superstock stock) really isnt much better then an electro spyder IMO.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:21 PM #11
DuggyFresh
It's my dick in a box!

has been a member for 10 years
i have one with an e2, cp long reg, cp rail, nexus ram, and a barrel kit and i am very happy with my set up. you cant really compare them to timmies/egos/etc. like D4 was saying, not really fair, but cocker-wise, if you get that SF frame off you will be very happy. it's a quick, relatively cheap, stylish and customizable marker. i would rate mine at least a 8/10, but thats because im very happy with the marker im shooting, and with the ups.

oh ya -- grow up children.
Gnar-pow! Gnar-pow! LET'S DO THIS!
Old 04-01-2007, 03:33 AM #12
Wv7o

Did the 04 SS come with the WorrBlade and in 05 they switched to the SF?
If this is correct then the 04 SS would be more desirable IMO, But then again the 05 has a clamping feed neck.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:35 AM #13
plax_are_meth
Powered By Boredom

has been a member for 10 years
Correct, older SS's came with WorrBlades.

1987 Mazda RX-7

My Autocockers
Old Feedback
Old 04-01-2007, 03:45 AM #14
Wv7o

Quote:
Originally Posted by plax_are_meth View Post
Correct, older SS's came with WorrBlades.
That makes rating a little harder--

04= worrblade=E2/zero-b possibley,-clamping feed neck, body not the lightest

05= SF frame, clamping feed neck,+ lighter body

tough decision
Old 04-01-2007, 02:52 PM #15
icweiner
iseewhiner!

lol at the 2k6er's and 2k7er's arguing you can get a brand new 2k4 ss for 300 if you look
Old 04-01-2007, 02:58 PM #16
Dyeboy17

SS are really nice mid range guns. i own one. and its very accurate with the stock barrel. u would need to get an asa and a feedneck.
DAVE YOUNGBLOOD FAN #11
Playing for Pierce Chadwick Deal /4/14/93/ -- /9/7/06
you were the greatest best friend. i will never
forget about you.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:12 AM #17
jid2

I'm working on a friends SS right now and I can't get the thing to do anything. I adjust the jumpers and the firing mode does nothing. All I can get it to do is go semi-auto.

It also has a problem shooting at uneven trigger pull rates. For example, if I make three super fast pulls right of the bat it will only fire once. In order to make it shoot at a fast rate you have to get it timed just right or it hardly fires at all.

The button on the back seems to do nothing as well. All it will do is turn it off. I follow the directions on types of pushes to activite the eyes, or demo mode but nothing works.

I've only tried this without paint. Is this normal? Honestly, having a gun that won't shoot when you pull the trigger is lame. If you don't shoot at the rythme this thing likes it's at about 4-5 bps. I've got it going at maybe 10-11 bps on perfect pulls but it is very tricky to get it going.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:51 PM #18
Dyeboy17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jid2 View Post
I'm working on a friends SS right now and I can't get the thing to do anything. I adjust the jumpers and the firing mode does nothing. All I can get it to do is go semi-auto.

It also has a problem shooting at uneven trigger pull rates. For example, if I make three super fast pulls right of the bat it will only fire once. In order to make it shoot at a fast rate you have to get it timed just right or it hardly fires at all.

The button on the back seems to do nothing as well. All it will do is turn it off. I follow the directions on types of pushes to activite the eyes, or demo mode but nothing works.

I've only tried this without paint. Is this normal? Honestly, having a gun that won't shoot when you pull the trigger is lame. If you don't shoot at the rythme this thing likes it's at about 4-5 bps. I've got it going at maybe 10-11 bps on perfect pulls but it is very tricky to get it going.

i think its normal. it goes for 5 shots then the eyes turn off and u can start walking it. if you turn on the gun and then it turns off, thats normal 2. the reason why its turning of is because there is no ball in the breech.
DAVE YOUNGBLOOD FAN #11
Playing for Pierce Chadwick Deal /4/14/93/ -- /9/7/06
you were the greatest best friend. i will never
forget about you.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:26 PM #19
Dr.StraightPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by jid2 View Post
Make sure you turn the marker off, then change the jumper, then turn it back on. If you just leave the marker on and change the jumper, it will stay on semi.

Turn the eyes off if you aren't using paint. Otherwise, just use paint.

Get a new membrane pad. Usually they crap out fairly quickly.

That's because the eyes are on and there is no paint. USE PAINT AND IT WILL PROBABLY WORK FINE.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:51 AM #20
outreach
karnage

outreach helped look for balloons
outreach supports Team VICIOUS
outreach supports Pev's Paintball
outreach supports Empire
i just dont like the select fire frames on the 05 ones. i whent out and got an e2 for mine now its a great gun

OLD FEED BACK

"Originally posted by mouse87: clearly you're new, everyone knows that private label guns shoot a lot faster and more accurate"
Old 04-05-2007, 04:33 PM #21
D4Disorder
dont shoot cats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outreach View Post
i just dont like the select fire frames on the 05 ones. i whent out and got an e2 for mine now its a great gun
yeah but for that much you could have got a used timmy