PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-10-2007, 02:46 PM #1
Believer
There is no God but God

The Reaping: A question for all christians!

As Salamo Alekum ( Peace Be Upon You All)

I was wondering if any of you saw the film, " The Reaping "

i was longing to see the movie myself but my friend didnt allow us to see it arguing that it got ridiculously low ratings,

Anyway i was wondering what you thought about the film, as to whether it kept to biblical detail and concept and if it was as bad as ppl said it was

i know this should be in the movie section but i wanted to know what the religious thought of this film

with peace

[ Quran 55:60 ]

MUSLIM BALLERS CLUB
Lacrosse Equipment
Blue 06 Shocker Must Be Gone
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2007, 03:15 PM #2
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Believer View Post
As Salamo Alekum ( Peace Be Upon You All)

I was wondering if any of you saw the film, " The Reaping "

i was longing to see the movie myself but my friend didnt allow us to see it arguing that it got ridiculously low ratings,

Anyway i was wondering what you thought about the film, as to whether it kept to biblical detail and concept and if it was as bad as ppl said it was

i know this should be in the movie section but i wanted to know what the religious thought of this film

with peace
it's one I want to see for entertainment value. I'll let you know, if I do.
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:27 PM #3
careyman_462
Maverick says :tup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
it's one I want to see for entertainment value.
Same here, I didn't know it was out yet though. I'm not religious anymore, but it looks like a neat movie. I might go see a matinee today, but I'd rather see Grindhouse.

/off topic, bored as hell at his campus job comment
Old 04-10-2007, 04:27 PM #4
GoldEaglev2 (Banned)
Ex-2k5'r

I like how in the trailer you can see her facts for disproving Biblical stories
Old 04-10-2007, 05:26 PM #5
paintball boy 20
yahmean?

I saw it and really enjoyed it. I'm not a particularly religious person either. My friend who also is not religious enjoyed it too.
None, they all just sit in the dark and cry!!!
Har har har!
"
Old 04-10-2007, 06:02 PM #6
Tippmann playa
Workin' dat insulin spike

Never even heard of it

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 04-10-2007, 06:27 PM #7
Derr
•THE EDITOR•

It looked horrible and received reviews to match my hypothesis.

It got an 8% on RottenTomatoes. Here's the link. That's not the worst rating of all time, but it's close. Somewhere around the level of Bloodrayne and Ultraviolet.

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Old 04-10-2007, 10:50 PM #8
skpaintball

"An unholy mixture of religious balderdash and horror-movie cliche...it would probably be wise to Passover it."

aha so punny!

anyways, never heard of any of these ^^^
Old 04-11-2007, 12:23 AM #9
Derr
•THE EDITOR•

^Read 'Cream of the Crop' for the most well known newspaper critics and such.

ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:10 AM #10
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
^Read 'Cream of the Crop' for the most well known newspaper critics and such.
I almost never read, listen or watch movie critics. when I have, or did, they had always been completely wrong when it comes to my personal preference in entertainment.

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:09 AM #11
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
drefish99 is a Mega Moderator
drefish99 is a Supporting Member
Alaykum As-Salām

Never heard of it but thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado

Well the thing I find most amazing
In amazing grace
Is the chance to give it out
Maybe that's what love is all about

The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:46 PM #12
Derr
•THE EDITOR•

Quote:
I almost never read, listen or watch movie critics. when I have, or did, they had always been completely wrong when it comes to my personal preference in entertainment.
Some people go as deep into movies as you do into religion. Something as simple as a mike boom shadow can ruin the movie experience for some as they see it as technical imperfection. Likewise with this film; the usage of cheap scare tactics, old as dirt plot building... oh nevermind, you don't care anyway.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:20 PM #13
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

Quote:
Some people go as deep into movies as you do into religion. Something as simple as a mike boom shadow can ruin the movie experience for some as they see it as technical imperfection. Likewise with this film; the usage of cheap scare tactics, old as dirt plot building... oh nevermind, you don't care anyway.
but you assume I don't care. I do care, I just choose to ignore the issues and be entertained. so, while where'd the jet fuel come from (or if it would be viable if sitting around in drums that long) in BE, or whether it be scare tactics or old-plot - I do care about that kind of stuff, just don't let it affect my entertainment experience (well, much anyway - I wouldn't suggest "Children of Men", as example)

Old 04-12-2007, 09:21 PM #14
Derr
•THE EDITOR•

Quote:
but you assume I don't care. I do care, I just choose to ignore the issues and be entertained. so, while where'd the jet fuel come from (or if it would be viable if sitting around in drums that long) in BE, or whether it be scare tactics or old-plot - I do care about that kind of stuff, just don't let it affect my entertainment experience (well, much anyway - I wouldn't suggest "Children of Men", as example)
Well now that this thread is FULLY hijacked: I rented Children of Men literally ten minutes ago and I'm about to watch it with my roommate. I'll let you know my thoughts.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:23 PM #15
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

Quote:
Well now that this thread is FULLY hijacked: I rented Children of Men literally ten minutes ago and I'm about to watch it with my roommate. I'll let you know my thoughts.
interesting timing, eh.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:50 PM #16
Derr
•THE EDITOR•

So what didn't you like about Children of Men?

Old 04-13-2007, 01:28 AM #17
Comfortably_Numb (Banned)

Quote:
I agree, movie critics said the first matrix sucked
Old 04-13-2007, 08:03 PM #18
Derr
•THE EDITOR•

^No they didn't.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/matrix/