"My Sweet Jesus" - Page 3 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Is this funny or not?
This is funny 40 54.05%
This is offensive 11 14.86%
Other, posting answer... 23 31.08%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-01-2007, 07:14 PM #43
paintballonaim (Banned)
 
paintballonaim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Salem, Va
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballonaim is an NCPA player
paintballonaim plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
It is just a book, a for profit book at that in most cases. It would be no different than ripping up any other book.
Then again you don't believe in a God so of course you'd see it differently.

About the thread: I think there's more meaning to the statue, but there's not a real reason for him to be naked, IMO. Also, I do not find it funny.
paintballonaim is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2007, 07:16 PM #44
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballonaim View Post
Then again you don't believe in a God so of course you'd see it differently.

I think there's more meaning to the statue, but there's not a real reason for him to be naked...
A loin cloth? Why? That is what is wrong with this country. You put a stigma on the natural form. Many other countries do not put this stigma on nudism and they do not have half the issues that we do with it. It was designed by a catholic, a part of your own religion. There is no issue.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 04-01-2007, 07:18 PM #45
paintballonaim (Banned)
 
paintballonaim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Salem, Va
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballonaim is an NCPA player
paintballonaim plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
A loin cloth? Why? That is what is wrong with this country. You put a stigma on the natural form. Many other countries do not put this stigma on nudism and they do not have half the issues that we do with it. It was designed by a catholic, a part of your own religion. There is no issue.
We have public nudity laws for a reason...
paintballonaim is offline  
Old 04-01-2007, 07:22 PM #46
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballonaim View Post
We have public nudity laws for a reason...
And why is that? So some uptight people can "protect" their eyes? Do you really know why they are there?

You see, go to places in Europe where you can find an entire family from young children to older adults swimming together nude. They do not have a stigma attached to nudity and are not uptight about it in the least.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 04-01-2007, 11:09 PM #47
seph
 
 
seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Lenox
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post

You see, go to places in Europe where you can find an entire family from young children to older adults swimming together nude. They do not have a stigma attached to nudity and are not uptight about it in the least.
Might not wanna visit the Vatican Museum. They have a lot of the beautiful sculptures on display there with the private parts covered up.
seph is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 04:07 AM #48
freeflow9
 
 
freeflow9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Under God
freeflow9 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
There is nothing wrong with it. If you heard the artist explaining why he did it and the reason he made of chocolate, it is quite reasonable. Besides people who were crucified were done so naked any way. See wikipedia on crucifixion.

Quote:
Two methods were followed in the infliction of the punishment of crucifixion. The victim was, if able, made to drag the cross or a part of it (usually weighing 150 lb or more) to the place of execution. At this point he was stripped naked, and was either fastened to it or impaled upon it, and left to die. In this method, the crux simplex of Justus Lipsius, a single stake was used.
__________________
My feedback http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=838907
My Feedback http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=10613038#post10613038
I also have e-bay feedback pm me for it Thankyou.
freeflow9 is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 02:03 PM #49
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
An update to this most intriguing event ():
Jesus display nixed
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)

Last edited by Mastermind26 : 04-02-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 02:20 PM #50
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind26 View Post
An update to this most intriguing event ():
Jesus display nixed
link is a smiley snoozing.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 02:28 PM #51
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
link is a smiley snoozing.


Corrected
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 02:56 PM #52
SuperSupra619 (Banned)
 
SuperSupra619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Jersey
 has been a member for 10 years
I don't think its funny or offensive. I think its stupid
SuperSupra619 is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 09:00 PM #53
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind26 View Post


Corrected
sorry...
Quote:
The page you have requested was not found. The link is either incorrect or the page no longer exists. If you believe there is a problem, please send a message to newmedia@seattlepi.com.
here be the link, I think you were trying to post:
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/visual...tejesus31.html

__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 09:04 PM #54
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
sorry...

here be the link, I think you were trying to post:
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/visual...tejesus31.html

Well poop.
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 09:18 PM #55
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon
 
Jlausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maryland
Christ probably thinks it's cool. What happens to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
It would be the tastiest penis ever.
I'm sure there are homosexuals that would argue that.

Last edited by Jlausen : 04-02-2007 at 09:22 PM.
Jlausen is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 09:21 PM #56
jackassguy147
Destroyer of Threads
 
jackassguy147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Bat Country
jackassguy147 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Oh come on, lighten up. God must of had a sense of humor.
jackassguy147 is offline  
Old 04-02-2007, 09:22 PM #57
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon
 
Jlausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackassguy147 View Post
Oh come on, lighten up. God must of had a sense of humor.
He did create the platypus.
Jlausen is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 12:46 AM #58
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
To me, it's a stab at the commercialization of Easter.
Bingo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
It would be the tastiest penis ever.
Do you have a lot of penis-tasting experience to compare to?
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 12:54 AM #59
Adema3412
Give me fiction
 
Adema3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
Bingo.

Do you have a lot of penis-tasting experience to compare to?
How would you define alot?
Because so far I have only tried banana, butterscotch and white chocolate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlausen View Post
I'm sure there are homosexuals that would argue that.
Also women.

You seem to be under the assumption that only gay men recieve head, which is in fact wrong.
__________________
I can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized
discipline. But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard

Last edited by Adema3412 : 04-03-2007 at 12:56 AM.
Adema3412 is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 01:06 AM #60
Derr
•THE EDITOR•
 
Derr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morro Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
How would you define alot?
Because so far I have only tried banana, butterscotch and white chocolate.
I can't tell if that's slang or not.
__________________
::Derr's Epic Ride::

:shrimponatreadmill:
ssgaR:I genuinely dislike this derr guy. •• GE: Derr gets laid more often than you masturbate. *Nevar Forget*
TheMahone2491: Dont worry no matter what you say almighty Derr knows what YOU are thinking when you write your posts.
corporationpaintball: Derr has high standards, but to meet those standards should be a goal that you move towards because it will not only better your life in the long run, but the lives of those you are in contact with on an intellectual level.
DJ.Barman.helicopter[Pilot].sportbike[Rider].lineservice[Man]
Derr is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 08:29 AM #61
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
What if it were made from wood or stone?

Moral of the story, check your *****, that coal is probably a diamond by now.
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 08:36 AM #62
Crippled Dogma
 
 
Crippled Dogma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Jax, FL
If those bothered by it were to ignore, the offending piece would lack any reason to become famous (or infamous).

When people draw attention to it, that's what makes it seem like such a big affair. Funny how that works.

Stupid to even care. One if someone wants to waste their life carving Jesus in chocolate, then so be it. Also, I liked the fact the display was cancelled? Diminished? That guy resigned? Talk about controlling speech/free will.

The catholics tried to control something they had noright to and the guy/hotel backed down. Pathetic.
__________________
Oh, king eh? Very nice. And how'd you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers. By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society.

Raider Ball! Raider Ball! Raider Ball!
Crippled Dogma is offline  
Old 04-03-2007, 08:37 AM #63
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippled Dogma View Post
The catholics tried to control something they had noright to and the guy/hotel backed down. Pathetic.
Indeed.
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump