Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-29-2007, 08:31 PM #64
paintballer929 (Banned)
Face Mower
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia
This is just a bunch of conservative Christians taking another stab AT THE ACTUAL EVIDENCE FOR EVOLUTION. 97% of our DNA is the same as chimpanzees. One hell of a coincidence if you ask me. Stop reading and listening to books that are 3000 years old (Correct me if wrong, but that is give or take a 100 years around the time where they still thought the earth was flat) and listen to science. At least it gives you or tries to give you explanations for why things happen. With the bible, that's just the way it is because god said so.
paintballer929 is offline  
Old 03-29-2007, 08:34 PM #65
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid
 
TESlight'emupTES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: VA
TESlight'emupTES donated to help Peyton Trent
People still thought the earth was flat 400 years ago...
TESlight'emupTES is offline  
Old 03-29-2007, 08:36 PM #66
Topazbullet
Don't hate. Dominate.
 
Topazbullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cambridge, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TESlight'emupTES View Post
People still thought the earth was flat 400 years ago...
And know we know that is wrong because of research and exploration. That's what science is. Can evolution be wrong? Maybe, but it won't be any gods' fault. Science will update itself.
__________________
I do Anodizing, click here and PM me.
Topazbullet is offline  
Old 03-29-2007, 09:00 PM #67
Tippmann playa
Workin' dat insulin spike
 
Tippmann playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurgs View Post
what leads creationists to believe that the earth is 8000 or 6000 years old... and another good point is if the sun was created on the 4th? day then how could one determine how long the first 3 days were. 24 hours? i doubt it (yes i got that from inherit the wind )
Contrary to popular belief on this forum, not all creationists believe that
__________________
"If you are reading this, thank a teacher.
If you are reading this in English, thank a soldier."

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Tippmann playa is offline  
Old 03-29-2007, 09:03 PM #68
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkmacfers0n View Post
...spend millions of dollars on a worthless meuseum that will go bankrupt in 10 years. maybe that will teach the idiots that are opening that piece a lesson.
Going to have to disagree with you there. I foresee many more of these popping up. but I guess we both wait and see what happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurgs View Post
what leads creationists to believe that the earth is 8000 or 6000 years old... and another good point is if the sun was created on the 4th? day then how could one determine how long the first 3 days were. 24 hours? i doubt it (yes i got that from inherit the wind )
the age is based on genealogies. and BTW - not all creationists are Young Earth Creationists (YEC).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawHammer View Post
That's the worst way to blow 27M I've ever seen.
I could think of far worse ways to spend that kind of cashish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topazbullet View Post
And know we know that is wrong because of research and exploration. That's what science is. Can evolution be wrong? Maybe, but it won't be any gods' fault. Science will update itself.
agreed. However, I don't think fault has anything to do with it.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 03-29-2007, 09:44 PM #69
txballer077
 
 
txballer077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego CA/ Houston TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
I could think of far worse ways to spend that kind of cashish.
and i could think of thousands of better ways to use 27 million
__________________
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
............Citywide Talk City Forums
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_


______________ ______________ _____________
txballer077 is offline  
Old 03-29-2007, 09:45 PM #70
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA beginner division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by txballer077 View Post
and i could think of thousands of better ways to use 27 million
You mean like using actual facts in a museum? Come on now, this is a joke of a building, using nothing at all to prove their views
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 03-30-2007, 06:34 AM #71
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
You mean like using actual facts in a museum? Come on now, this is a joke of a building, using nothing at all to prove their views
it's not open yet that I am aware of, how do you know that there aren't any "actual facts"? Or do you assume that the "facts" that you know are the only ones and should be accepted by all as fact, and not theory, assumption, beliefs and conjectures.

just a question.

As I have said, there is much that has been described that I don't necessarily agree with - just wondering how you know they are not presenting any evidences (as with any other museum) - again, it's not open yet?
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 03-30-2007, 07:42 AM #72
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA beginner division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
it's not open yet that I am aware of, how do you know that there aren't any "actual facts"? Or do you assume that the "facts" that you know are the only ones and should be accepted by all as fact, and not theory, assumption, beliefs and conjectures.

just a question.

As I have said, there is much that has been described that I don't necessarily agree with - just wondering how you know they are not presenting any evidences (as with any other museum) - again, it's not open yet?
Have you read the article? It is up and running, just not open to the public. Maybe you should read the BS they have released to the public already. Seems like fact to me
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 03-30-2007, 08:15 AM #73
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Have you read the article? It is up and running, just not open to the public. Maybe you should read the BS they have released to the public already. Seems like fact to me
I see, so you haven't been there. I understand. thanks.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 03-30-2007, 08:20 AM #74
paintballonaim (Banned)
oh, the machines we are.
 
paintballonaim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Salem, Va
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballonaim is an NCPA player
paintballonaim plays in the APPA D5 division
It's a good idea, but $27m is a bit over kill...
paintballonaim is offline  
Old 03-30-2007, 08:27 AM #75
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah
 
cryptic.paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Uniontown Pa
cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA beginner division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
I see, so you haven't been there. I understand. thanks.
Have you? Have you read the few articles released on the content. Didn't think so.
cryptic.paintball is offline  
Old 03-30-2007, 08:39 AM #76
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
Have you? Have you read the few articles released on the content. Didn't think so.
no, I haven't, never claimed that I did. yes, I have read what I can, and if you missed it, I already said I didn't necessarily agree with some of what they were posing, or even presenting as truth (though I have not been there, so don't know if they are presenting their theories as truth or just presenting their theories. Why be sarcastic and against everything I post? I was merely asking a question, as you seemed to be more knowledgeable about the topic that is available to the public.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 03-30-2007, 09:49 PM #77
R8s
 
 
R8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Williams Lake, BC
Just how big was the arc anyway? and what was it made of... wood? Is it even possible to make a strong enough boat out of wood to hold 2 of every animal? Not to mention now they are putting the extinct ones on the boat... tyranosaurus rex's, Brontosaurus's.... wow...just when you think they can't get anymore illogical. Somebody come along with this.
__________________
Go Canucks!

Bad Spellers of the World... Untie!!!

"Political Correctness" is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Killing for Northern BC
R8s is offline  
Old 03-30-2007, 10:10 PM #78
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8s View Post
Just how big was the arc anyway? and what was it made of... wood? Is it even possible to make a strong enough boat out of wood to hold 2 of every animal? Not to mention now they are putting the extinct ones on the boat... tyranosaurus rex's, Brontosaurus's.... wow...just when you think they can't get anymore illogical. Somebody come along with this.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1946648

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1941153
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 03-30-2007, 10:30 PM #79
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data
 
cockerpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nowhere near Sparta
 has been a member for 10 years
the universe was created yesterday at 3.45 AM, by the flying spaghetti monster.

weres my 27 million for a museum?
cockerpunk is offline  
Old 03-30-2007, 10:40 PM #80
JBurgs
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PA
it says the earth was flooded over rite?... theres not enof water to flood over all the earth(mountains and such)
__________________
"Jesus walks on water, Chuck Norris walks on jesus" ~Charles Darwin :P
JBurgs is offline  
Old 03-30-2007, 10:59 PM #81
NEp8ntballer
 
 
NEp8ntballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
NEp8ntballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurgs View Post
it says the earth was flooded over rite?... theres not enof water to flood over all the earth(mountains and such)
It's god. he could microwave a burrito so hot that even he cannot eat it and five minutes later with a burrito at that temperature decide that he wants to eat the damn burrito. God is the ultimate magician. He is, however, the ultimate fairy tale.
__________________
best porn thread in ST history by ScorpionShock - I was there 6/7 or 6/8 depending on your timezone

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Official ST Atheists #8


Old Feedback
NEp8ntballer is offline  
Old 03-31-2007, 12:51 AM #82
txballer077
 
 
txballer077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego CA/ Houston TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
the universe was created yesterday at 3.45 AM, by the flying spaghetti monster.

weres my 27 million for a museum?
we could make a badass museum, with parmesean cheese and giant meatballs, good stuff
__________________
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
............Citywide Talk City Forums
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_


______________ ______________ _____________
txballer077 is offline  
Old 03-31-2007, 01:08 AM #83
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data
 
cockerpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nowhere near Sparta
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by txballer077 View Post
we could make a badass museum, with parmesean cheese and giant meatballs, good stuff
indeed, it would be a great place for brainwashing and family fun!
cockerpunk is offline  
Old 03-31-2007, 01:21 AM #84
Kil3
And da Dog is out
 
Kil3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dirty Burg
Kil3 supports Team VICIOUS
Kil3 is for the Gunfight
Kil3 posts videos on PbNation
Kil3 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic.paintball View Post
That went right over your head. It was a question aimed at young earth creationists and their belief that the planet was formed between 6,000 and 10,000 years ago. Light from distant stars have travelled millions, if not billions, of light years for us to see them, thus disproving a young earth


yea hey..i wa sjust reading this and i figured id reply....if you read Genesis
Chap1 verse 16-it says..And god made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser to rule the night: he made the stars also


all of Genesis starting with verse 1 talks about God creating the earth
Kil3 is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump