PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-01-2007, 07:59 AM #85
breakout17 (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
just watched it fo the second time and it was awesome. the way they talked about eachother behind there backs was almost sickening at some points but then again there all friends.

one thing...when they are eating food i think its called the last supper there a shot of htem alughing then it cuts to nicky and over his shoulder there is a little boy grabbing his moms boob...idk how i saw it but its rpetty funny
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2007, 08:40 AM #86
Gauge85
Bleed it out.

Annual Supporting Member
Gauge85 plays in the PSP
Gauge85 donated to help Peyton Trent
Gauge85 supports Team VICIOUS
Gauge85 is an NCPA player
Gauge85 plays in the APPA D4 division
Gauge85 supports DLX Technology
Amazing.

*Erie LandSharks*

Old 04-01-2007, 12:37 PM #87
extremegina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5072 View Post
Also would have loved to see more title work on the lower third that told us location, time of day, that sort of thing. Like when Rich is on his cell after they win, it would have been nice to show us who he was talking too.

-John
Well, he was talking to me and I can tell you what the other end of the conversation was like... There was me screaming "YOU WON!!!!" "I knew you guys could do it, I'm so proud of you" and then crying. Tears of happiness and relief that they had finally gotten that second place monkey off there back. They worked so, so hard, this whole pro paintball thing consumes every aspect of your life, trust me, I have 10-14 guys sleeping on every inch of my floor 2-3 weekends a month, I know!
The movie is fantastic, a little bitter sweet for me from living it. And because of all the sh!t we went through last year. But everyone at MWAG is great, and it was fun having Pat around! I have cried everytime I watched it, sure I'm a chick , but the emotions in the movie just overflow off the screen.

Gina Telford

Join us:
Facebook: www.Facebook.com/ExtremePb

Visit us online:
www.ExtremePaintball.NET
Old 04-01-2007, 02:28 PM #88
NaftySquared
Blind Aggression

Annual Supporting Member
NaftySquared plays in the PSP
NaftySquared is an NCPA player
How awesome is that? Rich's wife has an account on here. How about that for support folks?
Old 04-01-2007, 05:16 PM #89
kmart0002
Belowjays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5072 View Post
Hmmm. Curious as to which team. Can you say? I would be interested in knowing who.
The team is most likely the Jacksonville Raider because there is a movie coming out about them called "Road to World Cup"... you can buy it and watch the trailer here http://www.roadtoworldcupmovie.com/home.aspx?p=2483
OR
It could be about the Unknown Soldier's team thats an up and coming team who are taping their whole season...coached by Matty Marshall...
MW2.ps3: theschnozberries
Old 04-01-2007, 05:20 PM #90
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
I liked the movie alot actually, but I think it could use a little more raw footage from some games. The way it captures the emotional aspect of it though, it's phenominal.
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 04-01-2007, 06:44 PM #91
MonkeyWithaGun
respect the badge

MonkeyWithaGun is a Supporting Member
MonkeyWithaGun supports Cereal Killerz 2
MonkeyWithaGun donated to help Peyton Trent
MonkeyWithaGun is a videographer
Blazestorm2

You get an A+ on your essay... You did catch a lot of the subtleties of the film very impressive.

-patrick

"Would you accuse me of causing a riot if I was quiet. Would you?"
Old 04-01-2007, 06:54 PM #92
firerz05
Death before dishonor

firerz05 supports DLX Technology
So far from the parts Ive seen(like the first half of it) it shows so much of the new team/ sponcership/ drama that I feel so many dedicated paintballers go through. I was shocked to find out that the pro players have gone through some of the same things I have with past teams, its pretty sad that when you give up everything for the sport you love, there is still so much of that drama with everything. Ive watched it with my old teammates and we felt at time, that we were in the same shoes as some of the guys. Pretty profound film so far. Gets people seeing the not so glorious side of paintball. Hope this can be a wake up call to some people to reform the way things happen out there to hopefully make paintball easier for the player that gives up so much for the sport he loves.

Jim.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:18 PM #93
MonkeyWithaGun
respect the badge

Gina

It was my pleasure to be apart of this and really special to be uncle #31 or something around that number...

-patrick

Old 04-01-2007, 07:57 PM #94
paintballguy721 (Banned)
NXL or Bust

paintballguy721 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart0002 View Post
The team is most likely the Jacksonville Raider because there is a movie coming out about them called "Road to World Cup"... you can buy it and watch the trailer here http://www.roadtoworldcupmovie.com/home.aspx?p=2483
OR
It could be about the Unknown Soldier's team thats an up and coming team who are taping their whole season...coached by Matty Marshall...
Road to world cup is already out....

H4AD > Road to World Cup

But no, its not the "Unknown soldiers". I said NXL/Semi-pro team.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:43 AM #95
master_jedi
Shack'n Back

My review:

Heros has do be the best paintball video I've seen! MWAG did an amazing job putting the film together. I give the Music an A++ along with the action footage. I love the scenes where Matty is giving his 2 cents. His words to me are golden!!! However Rich came off as an azzhole. He kept on talking as if everyone else wasn't playing but him. All he seemed to do was count kills.

Overall I am extremly happy with this film!!!

~*Molly's Paintball*~
~*Ironmen Love*~
~*XSV SUPPORT*~
Old 04-04-2007, 11:51 AM #96
EvilQ17
www.PBLive.tv

Great movie really shows why the pros go out and play every tourney

Stuff For Sale

PBLive-Wednesdays at 10EST-for Phoenix cast click this

Last edited by EvilQ17 : 04-04-2007 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:29 PM #97
dustblackangel
eh happens

i loved it prolly one of the best pb movies ive ever seen. i like how it focused on the troubles of the team and how they had the mic on rich during the games
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post41723623<<<<2K5 TIMMY AND FS7 PART OUT
Old 04-04-2007, 06:37 PM #98
AttitudeProblem
Bringin sexy back

Made my heart go out to all these guys on the team. I have liked and disliked XSV at diff times during the last few years, but watching this video i couldn't help but feel deeply for these guys. Their struggle and their drive and above all their heart. Obviously part of Pats brilliance in this film is his ability to evoke those emotions...the subtleties of his art that make your heart go out to them b/c you can see them give up everything to succeed...everything for respect. More than anything it made me feel bad for all these guys who tried so hard and fell short time and again right up until they found that bond of brotherhood that is precisely the reason teams like dynasty rise to the top of the heap over and over. They captured a little bit of that magic and for a little while they were on top of the world.

Nicky Cuba: one of my favorite players b/c of his personality and his infectious will to win. It was unreal to see him evolve from someone who couldn't, as Rich put it, "own his s***," into a true team player. One of the greats of the game today i feel. Mad props to Nicky for his unbelieveable heart and for not giving up when it seemed like everyone was on your ***.

Matt Marshall: ppl are born for things. It's immeasurably obvious that this man was born to write...more specifically to shoot ppl in the face and write about it.

Pat: A master of his craft at absolute peak performance. Honestly there was a few points where the film felt like it was dragging slightly but when it all came back together to form the final product it became glaringly obvious that every one of those segments that originally seemed a bit long were absolutely necessary. Theres a million things i could say here, but it's all been said by myself or others...so i'll say what i don't see nearly enough.

THANK YOU MWAG.

To Pat and Bonnie and the whole crew (yeah, even u tzeentchian god ) for all the hard work and for taking such an interest in the promotion of the sport we love. Thank you for sharing your work, your brilliance.

Peace
$

"For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows and did it my way!"
-Frank Sinatra
Old 04-04-2007, 06:52 PM #99
nzero11

I liked the documentary aspect of the film. However, I think there was just a bit too much of that aspect covered. Well, perhaps not too much, but I would have liked to see more instances of the team actually playing paintball to balance out the documentary parts.

Illini Paintball
My Feedback
Dont believe any false rumors unless you hear them from me.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:43 AM #100
Paint-Theory

Umm pm me plz if you know were i can get this video =).
Old 04-05-2007, 12:53 AM #101
MonkeyWithaGun
respect the badge

AttitudeProblem

Thanks man, very very kind words. Thank you...

-patrick

Old 04-05-2007, 01:01 AM #102
ICDkid
Elevate

ICDkid is a Professional paintball player
ICDkid plays in the PSP
ICDkid owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ICDkid plays in the APPA D4 division
This movie was amazing! Very enjoyable to watch! Truely shows what it takes make nothing into something.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:20 PM #103
AttitudeProblem
Bringin sexy back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazestorm2 View Post
********* SPOILERS... Sorta... Semis/Finals I can’t say much just good game footage w/ Rich’s talking… having the music fade in slowly, was pretty good… wasn’t overly dramatic, but definitely got across the feeling of finally winning a US Event against the team they have been fighting against since their creation.
My favorite part about this segment is the way the music fades in just as the game turns, the same EXACT way it does in the HB finals sequence when troll gets chewed up running to the snake. It's the reinforcement of that idea that flows throughout this movie that at this high level of competition, success rides hand in hand with failure. That whole concept that they discussed in the one meeting about having to be willing to fall flat on their faces in order to make that last leap to winning. The difference between success and failure in this sport is absolutely nil and i really loved the subtle ways Pat conveyed that in this film. Good work all over, and great essay too. Was entertaining and gave me a few things to look for next time.

Peace
$

"For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows and did it my way!"
-Frank Sinatra
Old 04-07-2007, 02:08 AM #104
chaserolls
Former Pro - Retired 06

hope you read this rich - i will see you soon

let me go ahead and say this is my first post in a legit thread in so long that i can not remember

rich and company - you guys are truly the greatest. you knocked dynasty of their high pedestal and no one will ever forget that feat. i am sorry things did not go your way at HB07, but i share your discontentment as my d1 team (i would prefer to not mention our name) did not do remotely as well as we should have. I don’t remember the exact quote, but Oliver once said something along the lines of: “when you are sliding into your bunker pull the trigger at least once, because you never know, that paintball might bounce off a bunker, hit a bird, and end up breaking on one of your opponents' heads.” That quote effectively captures the essence of upper-echelon paintball. The unfortunate fact of the matter is one bounce or break can be the difference between winning or losing. I must admit it took me a long time to realize this but now I understand that luck plays a major role in winning. I know you understand the gravity of this comment so I will not bother elaborating - even if the majority of PBNation doesn't understand. Just remember that there is me and a large fan club that understands. Sure dynasty proved that skill can take you a long way, but luck can also take you a long way when it is on your side. Look at Rusty nailing 3 guys in the first 30 seconds of HB from the center 50. When I played HB07 I was in the same position and the other team chose to push the other side, thereby causing us to lose the game. Rusty is a longtime friend of mine and I will never forget that glory moment for him and your team.

You guys did very well in LAO and I expect nothing but the best from you in the future. I know how sponsors can screw you, I have been on the losing end of that equation twice but all you can do is cut your previous ties and push onward. I am sorry you lost some of your talented players from 06 but I dont doubt that with adequate training your 07 players can compare to the previous.

Best of luck in your future ventures and know that you will always have a fan regardless of wins or losses.

Last edited by chaserolls : 04-07-2007 at 02:11 AM.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:56 AM #105
snakework (Banned)
Eltit Resu Motsuc

You know, I never really was a big fan XSV.... this movie makes me a bigger fan then I would like to admit. Also, I always had the feeling that Rich was a dickhead, once again I am proven wrong.

This movie (not video) is amazing on so many levels i can't even begin to describe them all. Everything from struggles to happiness is all captured and harmonized in such a way that its enjoyable to watch. Documentary? Sure, but I think its a little more personal then that. I give lots of respect to all the guys that dealt with having cameras in their faces and putting all of that emotion on video for the world to see. The whole XSV crew deserves my respect and the respect of everyone in the paintball world. I would enjoy more movies like this in the future about different teams just to see how differently people react to the life of paintball.

MWAG and XSV..... thank you for an awesome video that I'm not ashamed to show to my non-paintball friends and my family that doesnt understand what paintball means to me. Keep playing hard and making great films.

-Evan