Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-28-2007, 09:26 AM #211
The Foo
Maximum Rate Of Fire

The Foo is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmer_61 View Post
On of the things I think a lot of people don't understand about the team neeting scenes is that pat meant for them to feel long and tideous (sp?) So you can feel what its like to be there. Team meetings are not fun, and they don't go by quickly. Sorry if my typings bad, I'm on a cell phone
Blackberry FTW
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2007, 02:56 PM #212
CK Lovelady
no shame

CK Lovelady supports Cereal Killerz 2
I liked it, not as much as CK though. It definitely got the point across of being more of a movie than a paintball dvd. The only thing I can really say against it is that the extremely long wait made it over-hyped (at least for me) and expecting a little bit more just in terms of a longer movie. I know it was two and a half hours, but I still would of liked to have seen more. On the commentary, it was mentioned that some ungodly amount of footage was taken that could have easily covered another movie. Personally I would liked to have seen some of that, perhaps a two disk set or something, and it wouldn't have to be edited all the hell either. I know one of the big emphasis MWAG likes to put on movies is artistic editing, but I think raw unedited footage here and there would be interesting. I do hope to see another movie like this in the future. I do have one question for Mr. Spohrer: Much like in television and film, do you find it a struggle sometimes in balancing out commercial success with artistic freedom? I know there is gratification in seeing a project you worked on so long come out the way you wanted it to, but that doesn't mean people are going to buy it at the store. Does making the movie you want to make ever get in the way of paying bills? Thank you, looking forwar to CK2
Old 08-01-2007, 12:02 AM #213
MonkeyWithaGun
respect the badge

MonkeyWithaGun is a Supporting Member
MonkeyWithaGun supports Cereal Killerz 2
MonkeyWithaGun donated to help Peyton Trent
MonkeyWithaGun is a videographer
Quote:
Much like in television and film, do you find it a struggle sometimes in balancing out commercial success with artistic freedom? I know there is gratification in seeing a project you worked on so long come out the way you wanted it to, but that doesn't mean people are going to buy it at the store. Does making the movie you want to make ever get in the way of paying bills?
Yes... all of the time. But if I was in it for the money, paintball would not have been top of my list.

-patrick

"Would you accuse me of causing a riot if I was quiet. Would you?"
Old 08-02-2007, 07:35 PM #214
xenokymirah
Back in Action

just watched it, pretty good, definatly shows a side of paintball not seen usually. however, it would been better if at the end it shows XSV splintering because that would actually show that indeed, they were only heroes for a day. good job with this, looking forward to your next films.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:51 PM #215
fbowrestler

fbowrestler owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
fbowrestler supports Team VICIOUS
this film make me a part of team xsv because u watch how they struggle and how they improved over the years and also how much deadication it take and the hard work it take to play paintball on a pro level i love this film sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo much it kicks ***