Old 03-26-2007, 06:26 PM #1
MaSsAcRe251
Traeger

MaSsAcRe251 is playing at Living Legends V
MaSsAcRe251 plays in the APPA D5 division
MaSsAcRe251 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
MaSsAcRe251 supports DLX Technology
Is it worth it

I was lookin at gettin a trilogy pro at action village for 140 or gettin a diablo ar-1 for the same price. Is it worth it to get a mech cocker, or should I just get an electro. Thanks.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:37 PM #2
mattdoc

That depends solely on your preference. Is putting in a little effort to shoot 10 bps what you're looking for, or do you want to be able to shoot 15 bps while reloading?
Old 03-26-2007, 07:38 PM #3
Dead_Body

Depends on what sort of playing you like. But you're right they are totally different styles of marker. Care to offer a little more info about yourself? But if you start on the ".... long walks on the beach at sunset" stuff then I'm out'a here!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:47 PM #4
MaSsAcRe251
Traeger

MaSsAcRe251 is playing at Living Legends V
MaSsAcRe251 plays in the APPA D5 division
MaSsAcRe251 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
MaSsAcRe251 supports DLX Technology
lol, you wont have to worry about that dead. But yeah, I'm just gettin into speedball. One of my friends has a prostock 03 or 04 with an all american barrel and I've just shot it without air a few times, just clickin the trigger, and I know its a lot harder to walk a cocker. Another friend has a pm5 and a dm7. Now that pm5 was fun as hell to shoot. But the thing is I don't know if I'd shoot like that in a real game. Thats why I'm gonna go play some more speedball before I decide. Why I don't know how fast I'll shoot in a game is because I play woodsball currently and I'm very conservative with paint. Played a whole day (6 hours) and only used 3-4 pods of paint, and yes there was a lot of action. So I'll just have to play to find out.

P.S.- My friend w/ the prostock doesn't play anymore, and I asked him if he'd sell his gun. He said it was 350 when he got it, then he'd give it to me with the aa barrel, a revvy w/ a broken lid, and hpa for 400. I didn't think that was a very good deal, but maybe its just cause thats $200 over my price range. lol.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:11 PM #5
WorrPro

Buy something nice with a bargain price, buy used.

Check out the B/S/T threads here on the nation and you can probably find either a really nice up'd autococker for ~200, or break your budget a bit and get an E-bladed cocker.

If buying from individual sellers is not your style, and speedball is what you're going for, I would grab an ICD promaster...they are an absolute steal for ~250$. You'll have to tweak a trilogy pro too much to have it operate well as a speedball gun (great bushball gun though), and Diablo just isn't a good move all together (For guns anyway).

-------> 21 <-------
Old 03-26-2007, 10:11 PM #6
Dead_Body

Given the prices I'm seeing on ebay these days for similar cockers he's high but not that high for that sort of setup.

But with a bit of shopping you can find similar setups for closer to 300.

But if you've got a woodsball gun now that you like I'd suggest you keep that one and get an electro with ramping capable board like the Wrath or one of the clearance ICD Lasoya Promasters. They are blowing those out for just under $200 at a lot of places online right now. I understand that they are selling them without any warranty so you're taking a little gamble but other than the body and barrel threading being different (autococker instead of TImmy) they are standard Promasters so parts are not a problem.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:55 PM #7
loneassassin
A Grim and...

I'd say play a little more speedball before you make a decision. See if you can use someone's electro for a full day, and watch your paint bill double. I spent a lot of time and money upgrading my first cocker with an Eblade, Vlocity, Nexus Ram, Qevs; the whole 9 yards - and now I find that I prefer to play with my mech cocker. Don't get me wrong, my E2'd cocker is sweet, and shoots blazing lasers, but I can't stand how much paint I go through. Even on Semi mode, it's very hard not to shoot fast. So now I pretty much only use my e-cocker for tourneys, or when I feel like being abusive in woodsball. With my mech. cocker, I can shoot 10bps when I really get on the trigger, but I regularly shoot about 7bps on average - which gets the job done. With my eblade, it's pretty much a constant 10+ bps even when I'm not trying - and that adds up on the pocketbook. Good luck!

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
Old 03-26-2007, 11:13 PM #8
Rev_Shocker
Karnage Factory

has been a member for 10 years
Rev_Shocker has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey Dead,
Cockers and Timmies share the same thread. Just thought you'd want to know.

See you in the middle!
Rev. Jason Geer
CPPA #1012
Christ Krew
Ironmen Fan Club #48
Dave Youngblood Fan #21
Aftershock Fan Club #20
Xbox live: SpeciousWhale2
Old 03-27-2007, 12:56 AM #9
Dead_Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Shocker View Post
Hey Dead,
Cockers and Timmies share the same thread. Just thought you'd want to know.

See you in the middle!
Rev. Jason Geer
OK, so tonight I learned something. Thanks. I looked at the specs for both markers and didn't know they were the same thing. Oddly enough the official ICD site says "Timmy/Autococker". Guess I saw the Timmy thing elsewhere and assumed they were not the same.... Yeah, I'm quite new to the paintball stuff...
Old 03-27-2007, 08:25 AM #10
k.macocker
customcockers.com

has been a member for 10 years
is that diablo a blow back? if so it will feel like a jack hammer in your hands compared to the trillogy. But I would buy used, especially a trillogy. you can get them much much cheapier. I would buy a non-trillogy cocker second hand, but do your homework on the seller as well as cocker styles..
good luck,
Kmac
Old 04-03-2007, 05:19 PM #11
Azn shocker noob

what is a good starter cocker for around 100? i'm thinking of getting one for woodsball.

Adidas Microbounce shoes. Rare gloss black. NEED GONE
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post42693893
Old 04-03-2007, 06:13 PM #12
kit352

trilogy comp from av.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:07 PM #13
Azn shocker noob

thanks. which one is better trilogy comp or pro? oh and sry for thread jacking.

Adidas Microbounce shoes. Rare gloss black. NEED GONE
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post42693893