Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-06-2012, 01:20 PM #1
Tempted (Banned)

Stock 2004 Cocker, right?

Just want to make sure I'm on the right page. I *believe* that its an 04 and stock other than the drop forward and ON/OFF ASA(I got the stock ASA with it). Up to this point I haven't been much of a Cocker fan and traded away any that I get in package deals. I actually like this one though. I think its either polished or painted silver. Pretty filthy but I'll get it cleaned up and snap some decent pictures. Honestly I like the way it looks, first time I've said that about one of the Cockers I've stumbled upon. This paint scheme looks very clean, timeless. Anything you might know about it I'd love to hear. I have a friend who knows them well and can make a 100% ID on it, won't see him for a few days so I figured I'd ask you guys. I may keep it, may trade it. Not sure yet.

Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2012, 01:30 PM #2
Intern1

Annual Supporting Member
Intern1 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Intern1 supports Empire
Yea that looks stock from the outside. Can't tell whats on the inside but I would imagine its stock like the outside. I had one that was the exact same but in blue that I just sold a few weeks ago. Its an amazing gun stock. I never had a single problem with it the entire time I had it. Only reason I sold it was because I had 5 autocockers at one time lol. If you are jsut getting into autocockers this is a great start!
Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:41 PM #3
Tempted (Banned)

Honestly if it was any other color I probably wouldn't even think about keeping it. I'm tearing it down now, gonna clean it up. Anyone know if this is polished or painted? If its polished I'll spend about 6 hours on it and have a mirror finish. If its painted I'll just leave it alone.

Edit- And right now I actually have 3 Cockers. The other two I don't want, trading them for something I might use.

Last edited by Tempted : 08-06-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:48 PM #4
kpmurphy
beer

kpmurphy is playing at Living Legends V
kpmurphy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kpmurphy supports Pev's Paintball
kpmurphy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kpmurphy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
kpmurphy is attending Decay of Nations VI
Black magic bolt?
Old 08-06-2012, 01:58 PM #5
brandonboy119

has been a member for 10 years
fyi paintball markers are anodized not painted
brandonboy119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:05 PM #6
Tempted (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonboy119 View Post
fyi paintball markers are anodized not painted
Not always. If the marker is not raw and the finish reflects it is typically powder coated or enamel painted. If it has a matte looking course finish it is annoed.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:20 PM #7
dirtraven

dirtraven is playing at Living Legends VII
dirtraven owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dirtraven supports Team VICIOUS
This one looks polished. That is as stock as a "prostock" ac goes even down to the bolt and pin. Circa '02 - '03. The later '03 - '04 came out with a finger curved trigger if I remembered correctly. You gonna keep it like that? It's shoots awesome stock. I had the blue version.

Good Ole Autococker

Red Camo/Blackened GTi

Last edited by dirtraven : 08-06-2012 at 02:23 PM.
dirtraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:45 PM #8
MikeM

MikeM is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
Not always. If the marker is not raw and the finish reflects it is typically powder coated or enamel painted. If it has a matte looking course finish it is annoed.
The finish of the anno (gloss or dust/matte) is determined by the aluminum finish pre-anno. Stock WGP 2K4 prostocks were typically a gloss anno finish...at least the ones I've seen in red and blue.

Last edited by MikeM : 08-06-2012 at 02:50 PM.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:59 PM #9
Tempted (Banned)

I don't think I've ever seen an anno with a reflective finish. They sheen when the light hits them but don't reflect. At least from what I've seen on *other items*. I'm not a Cocker guy and honestly haven't done any research on them, they may polish the raw marker prior to anno. The Angels I've had were anno, the Shocker I just got is painted. If paint flakes anywhere on the marker it means that part isn't annoed.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:51 PM #10
Hogzilla88
Oh You Fancy Huh?

almost all markers are anodized. That's definitely not paint.
Hogzilla88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:43 PM #11
PeaTear_Griffin
GUNDAMNIT

Annual Supporting Member
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends V
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends VI
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends VII
PeaTear_Griffin supports Team VICIOUS
Looks like clear anno or a titanium anno can't really tell from your dimly lit pics.

Dunno what you mean about reflections not coming off anno... I can reflect sunlight off my vice all day. Flaking doesn't always mean it is painted you could have chrome or nickle finish flaking off.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:53 PM #12
Tempted (Banned)

Yeah what I mean is a deep paint shows a detailed reflection and most anno that I've seen only glare and refract light. Hey, I'm no expert on any of it. Either way I like this marker. I think it would look killer with a polished pump kit on it.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:46 PM #13
Intern1

Annual Supporting Member
Intern1 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Intern1 supports Empire
I believe the finish is what WGP and other manufactures call clear. I don't know if that means they just put a clear coat over the raw aluminum or what, but it doesn't matter if its painted or anoed if you polish it it will come out a hell of a lot shinnier than now.
Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:32 PM #14
Tempted (Banned)

Here is how it sits now. Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, pretty straight forward. I'm not going to polish it if its cleared, don't want to burn through the finish. I can't find a scratch on it.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:51 PM #15
Tempted (Banned)

How much of a disaster would it be if I pulled the pneumatics apart to polish them? This is literally the first time I have ever even turned a screw on a Cocker. I don't want to completely screw it up, I want to play with it this weekend.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:48 PM #16
cptnemo66

Annual Supporting Member
cptnemo66 is BST Trusted
cptnemo66 is playing at Living Legends VII
cptnemo66 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cptnemo66 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
cptnemo66 is attending Decay of Nations VI
cptnemo66 supports Empire
Your going to have to re-time it anyways after taking it apart. Wont hurt to break down the pneu's too.
cptnemo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:30 PM #17
Tempted (Banned)

Guess I'll do it then. I've been polishing it for the last couple hours, inside and out. Under the grips the chrome is bubbling in two small places. The guy apparently tried to blend a smoothie in the breach and didn't clean up afterwards. Took forever to get it clean. By the way, I really hate that 12 point bolt holding the vert on.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:39 AM #18
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

2004 prostock.

i think wgp called it "titanium", but technically yes its just a clear anno after the metal has been polished. the other parts are chrome or nickel plated.

wgp's guns were always pretty solid stock, the reg is adjustable, just not externally. honestly the only things id change would be to get a delrin bolt, a nicer asa, and lose the drop. maybe another reg if you just want the convenience.

the feedneck may or may not be removeable, i think the later runs of the 04's came with a removeable one. if you look upwards at the bottom of the "pipe" part and it looks like theres a seam, its probably removable. if it looks like one solid piece, it probably is.

some watered down rubbing alcohol is great for cleaning up old gunk, clearns off the yucky residue's too.....i always kept a little spray bottle of it for cleaning guns after playing.

check out www.customcockers.com for a timing guide. also id put a little grease on the 3-way o-rings while you have it apart, otherwise all it should need is a few drops of oil right in the asa every now and then.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:56 AM #19
Tempted (Banned)

Drop forward isn't going back on when I'm done polishing. My hands are freaking killing me and my Dremel is smoking. I hate polishing but I love looking at it.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:12 AM #20
Tempted (Banned)

Well the body, barrel and frame are done. Just the pneumatics left. This bolt feels extremely heavy. I polished it up and its smooth as glass, just seems heavy.

I'm between a rock and a hard place right now. Thursday I'm buying a Merkur XR4TI to use as a weekend toy. If I buy it I'll be over my toy budget. I can sell some markers but other than a pre2k Cocker and 3 Shoe Box Shockers I want to keep everything else. In the morning I'll put this Cocker back together and decide if I'm keeping it or not. I hate to sell it, looks excellent, but I really want this car. Gah someone loan me about 50K for the week.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:32 AM #21
dirtraven

dirtraven is playing at Living Legends VII
dirtraven owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dirtraven supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
By the way, I really hate that 12 point bolt holding the vert on.
You can swap that out with an allen head bolt.

Good Ole Autococker

Red Camo/Blackened GTi
dirtraven is offline   Reply With Quote