He looks a little young to be a vietnam vet
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2007, 11:50 PM #23
Eclipse7x

Eclipse7x is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andonlyagain View Post
I bought all the books Hunter wrote a while back, like 2-3 years ago, and they are all awesome. He is an incredible writer, my kinda ****! The Swagger's were the most badass people I've ever read about, Bob Lee is like my idol, lol.
I'm a gun-afficionado and Hunter is one too so his books go well with me, lamb and tuna fish.
I think Marky Mark will kill the movie. I just don't see Mr. underwear model as Bob Lee Swagger, the ex-marine sniper who is known to be one of the most accurate and deadly men alive. He had 2nd most kills as a sniper in 'Nam, he can shoot someone's eye out from 1kyrds away, he is the most ***-kicking man I've ever heard of! No way can Marky Mark play him. In all the pictures I've seen he isn't even wearing a bolo, stetson, or his Diamondback baseball cap.

I don't even think the movie can come close to the book. Everything, from the commericials to the trailers, seem to not fit right. I hope they atleast follow the major scenes from the book and use proper firearm techniques/terms. I want to see Swagger lug around that 700 in .308 and a nice little 1911 tucked away. If I see him with a single 9mm pistol I'll kill someone.

Anyone remember the first part of the book when Swagger is sitting on the cliff waiting for that old, wounded buck? Sitting out there in the cold waiting in silence and stillness for that epic shot? You tell me if Mr. Wahlberg could pull it off.

I do like Koteas as Payne though, he fits it well. I could see him weilding that sawn-off 12g Mossberg and taping up Ms. Fenn before the epic scene. I HATE Glover as Col. Johnson, Garrison as Donnie and Pena as Memphis.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. The REAL Swagger would never, ever hold a .408 CheyTac M200sniper rifle like that. In real life it weighs around 20lbs.
His finger is on the trigger, he is holding the rifle in the standing posistion, his scope covers are down, the stock isn't adjusted to his cheekweld, ect. ect. ect.

His front hand is too far back, it should be moved closer to the bags. He doesn't even have a cheekweld, and the stock is on his sternum and not even shouldered. His arms also aren't spread out far enough. WTF?

(I have nothing against Walhberg as an actor, he should have won an award for his part in Departed and he was excellent in Perfect Storm, yet he just doesn't fit this movie.)
May be spoilers?
alright now idk if u have seen this movie yet or not, but by your post it seems like you havent. in the first picture, he isnt attempting to shoot anyone or anything. and in the second picture. you would understand why the shooter is in the pos that he is. i say you see the movie before you try to sit online and debunk things and flame the hell out of them. if you have seen the movie, then you would fix your post and rethink yourself. i prob wont come back into this thread again for some time, so dont try to be all badass and talk trash just rethink your post. kthanks.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:58 AM #24
AmmoWasted
Kwyjibo

AmmoWasted supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
\

Watch the movie, you'll understand that scene.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:15 AM #25
paintballpimp092
Si vis pacem, para bellum

has been a member for 10 years
paintballpimp092 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballpimp092 plays in the APPA D5 division
paintballpimp092 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Just got home from the movie and I thought it was awesome. Lots of action. You have to see it to understand those two scenes.

I'll probably buy it on DVD. Definitely worth the $8.50 ticket price.

FOR SALE: Mares Hybrid ProTec Scuba BCD
Old 03-24-2007, 03:21 AM #26
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Scooter View Post
Go watch the movie and ull understand that scene a lot more.....

Just got back from watching it myself. Excellent!! Mark Wahlberg does a great job!!!

As for the REAL Swagger, a novel character isn't REAL....

Everyone, just go see the movie!

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse7x View Post
May be spoilers?
alright now idk if u have seen this movie yet or not, but by your post it seems like you havent. in the first picture, he isnt attempting to shoot anyone or anything. and in the second picture. you would understand why the shooter is in the pos that he is. i say you see the movie before you try to sit online and debunk things and flame the hell out of them. if you have seen the movie, then you would fix your post and rethink yourself. i prob wont come back into this thread again for some time, so dont try to be all badass and talk trash just rethink your post. kthanks.

Thank you.

The movie was damn fine action flick, ended the way I would have wanted it too, really cool story, and if you goto a movie expecting realism and all that none sense, well, eh, sucks to be you, watch documentaries. It was extremely entertaining and I would definatly go see it again.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Old 03-24-2007, 11:11 AM #27
wgpskaterpunk

wgpskaterpunk is a Supporting Member
It was a great movie, lots of action, and a great plot... I may buy it on DVD, everyone should see it

My feedback 65+
Old 03-24-2007, 01:56 PM #28
1andonlyagain

1andonlyagain is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Scooter View Post
Go watch the movie and ull understand that scene a lot more.....

Just got back from watching it myself. Excellent!! Mark Wahlberg does a great job!!!

As for the REAL Swagger, a novel character isn't REAL....

Everyone, just go see the movie!
Obviously when I said "real swagger" I ment the fictional character. I was using "real" to distinguish between the part played by Walhberg and the character in Hunter's books.

Quote:
May be spoilers?
I don't "trash talk" people, as I have respect for your opinion. I, along with many avid Hunter fans, would say "Wahlberg is nothing like Swagger, nor could he ever be". I'll see the movie tonight and come back with my opinions. If Marky Mark can change how I feel then he should get an oscar.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:20 PM #29
Fat Joe

Annual Supporting Member
Fat Joe is a founding member
Fat Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
I don't "trash talk" people, as I have respect for your opinion. I, along with many avid Hunter fans, would say "Wahlberg is nothing like Swagger, nor could he ever be". I'll see the movie tonight and come back with my opinions. If Marky Mark can change how I feel then he should get an oscar.

Yea...I wouldnt bother seeing it if I were you. You sound like you already have your mind made up and arent going to like it because Swagger played by Marky Mark. We know, you read the books, your a diehard fan, and this was your little secret of awesomness and now its a big hollywood movie and your pissed. Dont bother seeing it, your just going to nit pick it to the point where you wont enjoy it. Just like everyone who really loved import cars nit picked fast and furious to the point where they couldnt stand it. Go see it to be entertained, not to receive a lesson in something.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Old 03-24-2007, 03:27 PM #30
1andonlyagain

Fast and Furious was, in a technical sense, a horrible movie and it caused an uprising of kids in civics trying to race.

If the movie is good then the movie is good. If the movie follows the book then the movie would be great.

I'd like a good movie no matter what, but I'd be extremely ecstatic if it stayed true.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:11 AM #31
Eclipse7x

the reason i saw the movie was i went to be entertained, i was indeed entertained. yes it was somewhat long what i liked it.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:39 AM #32
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Eh, good movie in the blockbuster sense. Won't win an Oscar or anything, but a fun action flick.

1andonlyagain don't be so anal. You're like the Iranians who complain about 300 being historically inaccurate and that it defaces "Persian history"

Its a movie. Its supposed to be entertaining. They have to bend reality occasionally.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:58 AM #33
slateman

Quote:
I bought all the books Hunter wrote a while back, like 2-3 years ago, and they are all awesome. He is an incredible writer, my kinda ****! The Swagger's were the most badass people I've ever read about, Bob Lee is like my idol, lol.
I'm a gun-afficionado and Hunter is one too so his books go well with me, lamb and tuna fish.
I think Marky Mark will kill the movie. I just don't see Mr. underwear model as Bob Lee Swagger, the ex-marine sniper who is known to be one of the most accurate and deadly men alive. He had 2nd most kills as a sniper in 'Nam, he can shoot someone's eye out from 1kyrds away, he is the most ***-kicking man I've ever heard of! No way can Marky Mark play him. In all the pictures I've seen he isn't even wearing a bolo, stetson, or his Diamondback baseball cap.
Ummm . . . its set in modern times. So the whole Nam thing is useless.
Quote:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. The REAL Swagger would never, ever hold a .408 CheyTac M200sniper rifle like that. In real life it weighs around 20lbs.
His finger is on the trigger, he is holding the rifle in the standing posistion, his scope covers are down, the stock isn't adjusted to his cheekweld, ect. ect. ect.
Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
He kind of has to. He's chained up in a prison jumpsuit. Oh, and his finger on the trigger because he's going to pull the trigger

Quote:

His front hand is too far back, it should be moved closer to the bags. He doesn't even have a cheekweld, and the stock is on his sternum and not even shouldered. His arms also aren't spread out far enough. WTF?
Memphis is fresh out of the FBI Academy. He doesn't know much. And perhaps thats why Swagger is instructing him?

You are far, far too anal . . .
Old 03-25-2007, 03:25 AM #34
1andonlyagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by slateman View Post
Ummm . . . its set in modern times. So the whole Nam thing is useless.

He kind of has to. He's chained up in a prison jumpsuit. Oh, and his finger on the trigger because he's going to pull the trigger

Memphis is fresh out of the FBI Academy. He doesn't know much. And perhaps thats why Swagger is instructing him?

You are far, far too anal . . .
The book takes place in both modern times and "flashbacks" on 'Nam. People would still age...
He was never chained up/arrested in the book.
Memphis was supposed to be the best sniper the FBI had (again, in the book). He was the one who took the shot on the limo carrying his (soon to be) wife, yet he missed and paralyzed her. Swagger reenacted the shot for accu-tech (or whatever that bootleg ammo company was named). He wasn't "fresh out of..." anything, not was he in need of instructing. But again, I am/was basing it all off the book

I didn't get to see the movie tonight, went to a party instead. Maybe a matinee show tomorrow.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:57 AM #35
MaTtBoy-II
ohai thar

I saw it, I liked it. It was a fun "ride" of a film, pretty badass at times. I liked it better than the Bourne movies.
You truly are the funniest poster on ST MaTt."
"Originally posted by SquirrelMaster
You are my master, MaTtBoy."
That's a negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:22 AM #36
slateman

Quote:
The book takes place in both modern times and "flashbacks" on 'Nam. People would still age...
He was never chained up/arrested in the book.
Memphis was supposed to be the best sniper the FBI had (again, in the book). He was the one who took the shot on the limo carrying his (soon to be) wife, yet he missed and paralyzed her. Swagger reenacted the shot for accu-tech (or whatever that bootleg ammo company was named). He wasn't "fresh out of..." anything, not was he in need of instructing. But again, I am/was basing it all off the book

I didn't get to see the movie tonight, went to a party instead. Maybe a matinee show tomorrow.
You do understand that this is an adaptation of the book, and not a movie based on the book, right? I mean, it doesn't even have the same title. In fact, forget the book all together. I've read it, and several other books by the author. Its not that good.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:23 AM #37
Eclipse7x

Quote:
You do understand that this is an adaptation of the book, and not a movie based on the book, right? I mean, it doesn't even have the same title. In fact, forget the book all together. I've read it, and several other books by the author. Its not that good.
thats right i dont remeber hearing anything about it being related to a book. the truth? this is the first time i ever heard of these books.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:29 PM #38
StraightShotBalla
Ride hard or shush.

Watched Shooter last night. WAS ****IN AWESOME!!! Definately a must see, freakin cool movie!

Old 03-25-2007, 05:41 PM #39
Scoty2Hottyv2
<(^^,)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightShotBalla View Post
Watched Shooter last night. WAS ****IN AWESOME!!! Definately a must see, freakin cool movie!
qft.

i saw it last night as well

RPI Paintball
Old 03-25-2007, 05:43 PM #40
slateman

Quote:
thats right i dont remeber hearing anything about it being related to a book. the truth? this is the first time i ever heard of these books.
Yea, the books came out a while ago. I read it when I was in my Tom Clancy phase. Should probably tell you how good the book is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightShotBalla View Post
Ok, I don't think it was that good. I mean, its not 300 or anything. But its a good action flick.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:59 PM #41
c0ntract.k1ll3r
Heeey...you're gay

i saw it last night and it was pretty frackin cool.

Quote:
Yea, the books came out a while ago. I read it when I was in my Tom Clancy phase. Should probably tell you how good the book is.

Ok, I don't think it was that good. I mean, its not 300 or anything. But its a good action flick.
i dont think he means the best movie ever or anything, just that it was a very good action flick.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:04 PM #42
StraightShotBalla
Ride hard or shush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ntract.k1ll3r View Post

i dont think he means the best movie ever or anything, just that it was a very good action flick.
Exactly. I mean who is going to say no to a good sniper movie? You know it makes you happy in the pants seeing some sniper snipe some guy from a mile away and watch the back of their head get blown off.

Cause it does for me! I was a happy man watching it.