PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-21-2007, 06:42 PM #22
WorrPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contour View Post
Um, no. There is a reason they're 100$ don't kid yourself. These are made in china or somewhere over there with very little quality control and precision (relative to the U.S). I'm not saying the trilogy is a bad marker, is bad to start with. I'm just saying you're sacrificing quality for the low price.
..and don't kid yourself, do you really think the manufacturing cost of the trilogy and protock (we could broaden the spectrum but thats not what we're talking about here) is all that different? Either way, WGP is nice enough to replace your marker if it comes with any such defects.

...and the U.S isn't very hot when it comes to producing goods, look at our nearly 400 billion dollar trade deficit. China and Japan do it better, the only reason their products are cheaper is because their labor is cheaper.

-------> 21 <-------
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2007, 06:53 PM #23
Contour
---!R.I.P!---

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorrPro View Post
..and don't kid yourself, do you really think the manufacturing cost of the trilogy and protock (we could broaden the spectrum but thats not what we're talking about here) is all that different? Either way, WGP is nice enough to replace your marker if it comes with any such defects.

...and the U.S isn't very hot when it comes to producing goods, look at our nearly 400 billion dollar trade deficit. China and Japan do it better, the only reason their products are cheaper is because their labor is cheaper.
You contradicted what you said in first paragraph in the second. And I never said they prostocks were much better, I know for a fact you can find real nice cockers for 200, i just picked up an e-orry for 200 shipped. So just keep an eye out for deals. Just make sure to try out anything you can locally before you make your decision, good luck.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:00 PM #24
jontheballer
USMC Pump Baller

u can find nice used/already semi upd cockers n bst, ether electro or mech for almost nothing. jst look around, and find a good deal!
TIPPMANN SPEEDBALL CLUB #55
Official pump/single ballers club-#55
Old 03-23-2007, 02:21 AM #25
CrazyLittle (Banned)

CrazyLittle donated to help Peyton Trent
CrazyLittle is playing at Living Legends III
CrazyLittle owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CrazyLittle supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorrPro View Post
Actually yes. The tolerances of your part dictate the cost of manufacturing. If WGP specified tighter tolerances on the Prostock than the tolerances on the Trilly's (which they do), then the cost is significantly higher.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:06 PM #26
Stn3lakes

I would save your money and get a Invert Mini
Old 03-23-2007, 10:32 PM #27
CrazyLittle (Banned)

CrazyLittle donated to help Peyton Trent
CrazyLittle is playing at Living Legends III
CrazyLittle owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CrazyLittle supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stn3lakes View Post
I would save your money and get a Invert Mini
hell no.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:32 PM #28
synntax_error
!_-!_~!_~!_~!_~!_~!_~!_~!

synntax_error has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
get an 04 or 05 prostock, love mine!

my daughter (she is 12) has a trilogy pro, and it has performed beautifully from day one. Fires nice, accurate, and runs on co2 with 0 problems. She likes it, and so far, for the entire year, i have had to OMG wipe it off and run a squeegie through it. God I wish my 04 and 05, system x and pb lightning were that easy to maintain. as far as using them at a field, people are just more scared of my 04 red prostock then my daughters lol. ]

as my best friend said when I first got my 04, "that looks like it could kill someone"
Old 03-26-2007, 07:50 AM #29
Drastion

Quote:
Originally Posted by synntax_error View Post
get an 04 or 05 prostock, love mine!

my daughter (she is 12) has a trilogy pro, and it has performed beautifully from day one. Fires nice, accurate, and runs on co2 with 0 problems. She likes it, and so far, for the entire year, i have had to OMG wipe it off and run a squeegie through it. God I wish my 04 and 05, system x and pb lightning were that easy to maintain. as far as using them at a field, people are just more scared of my 04 red prostock then my daughters lol. ]

as my best friend said when I first got my 04, "that looks like it could kill someone"
Not trying to hijack the thread but.....

synntax_error

Would you recomend the trilogy pro over the prostock 05?

I dont intend to do any modding really maybe a new barrel but nothing like the e2 thing.Also you say its easier to maintian. Sounds good as i dont know much about the markers

if you had to choose between a trilogy pro/tippman 98 custom/ Kingman Imagine LED

Which one would you recomend?

I am leaning towards the pro as my friends have the tippman and i want something different but the imagine has the 3 shot burst i want.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:20 PM #30
euRasian32
Verbal Kint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drastion View Post
if you had to choose between a trilogy pro/tippman 98 custom/ Kingman Imagine LED
In this order:
Trilogy pro
Sypder
98 Custom

I'm new to cockers coming from Spyders. I've never owned a tippman so my opinion may be biased.

If you can save/add a few more bucks, get the '05 prostock.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:24 PM #31
searcher66083

I love my Prostock a bunch. Even though it is my backup to my ETek and Ion, I still shoot it more than any of my other guns. I recently made the decision to keep my Cocker and gave my Shocker to my nephew. The Prostock is a great gun and can be very versatile.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:49 PM #32
WorrPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by euRasian32 View Post
In this order:
Trilogy pro
Sypder
98 Custom

I'm new to cockers coming from Spyders. I've never owned a tippman so my opinion may be biased.

If you can save/add a few more bucks, get the '05 prostock.
I would order the three the same way....

Tippmans are really just extremely solid markers in that they are hard to break. The A5 is an outstanding performance gun though, while it still does maintain the toughness of model 98.

Even if you had enough money for an 05' prostock, since you are not looking to do any massive mods or upgrades, the trilogy pro is the better choice still. Simply because it comes standard with two different barrel backs, letting you match your paint to bore size better. That is extremely essential to your autocockers performance.

-------> 21 <-------
Old 03-26-2007, 08:06 PM #33
shocker_rocker

i think u should buy a sf pro autococker trilogy because i got won and it hasnt failed me yet and there new and cheap for about 300-400 dollars. u can get more upgrades but it already has a electronic trigger. my halo hopper works perfect with it to.

Proudly From Team: Estranged
Old 03-26-2007, 08:54 PM #34
Mr.Dirt

They may be machined in china, but I believe they are assembled in the us.

WTB MQ Valve Urethane dot's
Old 03-27-2007, 01:26 PM #35
Drastion

Well my selection is a bit limited as i only want to spend about 200 off the start for the gun hopper and such. since i wont be playing every weekend and money is a bit limited(this was money i was saving up for a stereo but paintball sounds MUCH more fun)

If i went for the trilogy pro (just wish it came in black still) what upgrades should i get?

I was thinking a j&j cermeric 14" barrel and a stock if they make one and some type of sight for better aiming.

Would a trilogy pro shoot better than a custom 98 (ie more accurate dont care about speed)?
Old 03-27-2007, 01:58 PM #36
WorrPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drastion View Post
Well my selection is a bit limited as i only want to spend about 200 off the start for the gun hopper and such. since i wont be playing every weekend and money is a bit limited(this was money i was saving up for a stereo but paintball sounds MUCH more fun)

If i went for the trilogy pro (just wish it came in black still) what upgrades should i get?

I was thinking a j&j cermeric 14" barrel and a stock if they make one and some type of sight for better aiming.

Would a trilogy pro shoot better than a custom 98 (ie more accurate dont care about speed)?

Ok, here from the context I'm guessing this is going to be your first paintball gun ever.

First off, completely forget about a scope. Paintball guns are not accurate enough to have a sight be of any use...the paintballs will just hit where the scope isn't pointing. If you are going to be playing woodsball a scope isn't a 'bad' upgrade down the road to help you spot things, but they will NEVER help you aim.

If you go with the Trilogy Pro, do not upgrade the barrel. It comes with two barrel backs that you will NEED to use, replacing them with a one piece barrel defeats the purpose of buying it. The most important upgrade for autocockers either way is arguably a barrel kit. Cockers rely on a good paint to barrel match in order to prevent balls from just rolling out of the barrel, the multiple barrel sizes a kit will offer you solves that problem.

Yes, an autococker will shoot better than a model 98, a lot better too. Your autococker will have MUCH better consistency a less kick, which boost your accuracy. Autocockers also run on a significantly lower pressure than Model 98's, so you get more shots per tank fill.

The best BANG for your buck: http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...MAAAEOq3igmDPg

Thats everything you need to play for under 200$. Just get the Co2 tank filled and buy some paint. Later on, once you get some more cash, buy a barrel kit and thats all you'll ever need. Its not a cheap starter kit either, the components of it are actually more intermediate level...Thermal mask, force fed loader, ect. You may also be able to find a nice used starter kit on these forums.

Now, thats the Trilogy Comp, not the pro. The only significant difference between them is that the comp doesn't come with its own mini barrel kit like the pro would. But, you said you preferred black as the color, and looks mean a lot to most paintballers...so the comp is great. Its actually the only gun I use now a days since I now I really only play the occasional bush ball, and its a great gun at that. Mine of course has all the routine upgrades though.

On to the last point about a stock. Depending on which type of paintball you are going to play, they are of very limited use. In speedball you want to be as small and compact as possible, a nice drop forward is the way to go. In woodsball the same holds true, but you have more room to customize for preference. I suggest you buy a nice deep drop forward, though thats only my preference, or you get a tank butt, sold in most sporting good stores.

-------> 21 <-------
Old 03-27-2007, 02:05 PM #37
Richie-Rich

Trillys Rock but I dont like the SF trig frame E2 is tons better.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:12 PM #38
outreach
karnage

outreach helped look for balloons
outreach supports Team VICIOUS
outreach supports Pev's Paintball
outreach supports Empire
theres alot out there in the used market for 200 including e cockers

OLD FEED BACK

"Originally posted by mouse87: clearly you're new, everyone knows that private label guns shoot a lot faster and more accurate"
Old 03-27-2007, 06:39 PM #39
Trilogy_Tac
Tactical Whore

i got my trilogy tactical sf for 130 bucks from paintballoutlet.com granted they dont have anymore, you can pick up a mechanical tactica(which is matte black) as almost all the same features as the pro(minus the mini kaner kit) for 139.00 http://cgi.ebay.com/WGPAutococker-Trilogy-Tactical-Paintball-Gun-Black_W0QQitemZ190095752125QQcategoryZ47251QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem
that leaves you 60 bucks out of your budget to buy anything else you need. that is the best bang for the buck.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:46 PM #40
Trilogy_Tac
Tactical Whore

even better 119 from that same website as the post above http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...QAAAEG7vXbl6NM
that leaves you with 80 bucks....barrel kit and you will be set.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:49 AM #41
Drastion

That trilogy compettion is VERY tempting
the add on are like 100$ on their site for only 60 over the marker

My only question is the trilogy comp is that much worse than the pro

in this review (one of the few reviews for anything i could find)

http://paintball.about.com/od/gunrev...trilogypro.htm

They say it would easially be worth the extra money because of the barrel kit, derlin bolt, and quality milling.

My question is what is better about the bolt(i probally sound real stupid) why is it important because when i see talk about the pro they always mention the bolt for some reason.

About the milling - does that make for a smoother firing gun or more efficient.

I dont mind paying the extra for the gun but that deal for everything is damned sweet (heard the vl revolution hopper is good) at 170 compared to the pro for 185 with a bare minimum kit. just wish they had a kit with a electro hopper.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:52 AM #42
WorrPro

I'm short on time right now, so for now I'll just link up pbreview and let you look around yourself. I'll edit and say what I want to say later today.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/3234/

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/3232/

EDIT: ok, there is basically four distinct differences between the Tilly comp and pro, neglecting color. The first is the bolt. The Pro comes with a bolt that is made out of delrin, delrin is a very light plastic that is self lubricating. The first advantage to that is obviously not having to keep your bolt and O-rings sealed, the second is a slightly faster cycling rate...probably 1 more ball per second. The bolt that is in the pro is by no means great though, most people would upgrade it anyway, but it is better than the aluminum one that comes in the comp.

The pro comes with an angled Air receiver, there is no advantage to this performance wise but it is more comfortable to some people.

The Trigger frame on the pro is standard size and allows for two finger play on the trigger, the comp comes with what most call a 1 1/2 finger trigger but I use mine as a one finger trigger and love the frame (this is another preference call).

The only really significant advantage that the pro has is that it comes with that second barrel back. This is by all means a great thing to have, but just like the bolt, most people are going to upgrade to a full aftermarket kit anyhow.

For all the pro has to offer the Competition kit is far better. The value of just the thermal mask that is included and the electro viewloader is by far greater than the advantages the pro has, not to mention the other goodies packaged in there.

-------> 21 <-------

Last edited by WorrPro : 03-28-2007 at 03:07 PM.