Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-20-2007, 04:45 PM #22
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
tonybhall supports our troops
hey squrriels,

I love #8. and several of the others could be really good with just a little touch up in my opinion. Keep shooting and get yourself a good photo editing program.

I mean guys, you have to give him credit for not posting any pictures of his ceiling fan, soda cans, or any pics from inside his car. And while he did post a picture of his cat, as cat pics go, we've all seen much worse. This guy at least got up off his couch and went out side.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2007, 10:16 PM #23
speedtest

speedtest is playing at Living Legends V
speedtest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
speedtest has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
speedtest has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
you do have a few shots in there that are really good. the window shots i didnt like much, but i thought the cake was kinda cool along with the bird in the feeder.

No Limit Support
Old 03-21-2007, 10:54 AM #24
Cc_incX
I like French Toast.

i think some of them are pretty good. I really like the bird one, and the cake.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:56 AM #25
Cc_incX
I like French Toast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybhall View Post

I mean guys, you have to give him credit for not posting any pictures of his ceiling fan, soda cans, or any pics from inside his car. And while he did post a picture of his cat, as cat pics go, we've all seen much worse. This guy at least got up off his couch and went out side.
^^^^ Agreed!!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 11:18 AM #26
danbob1088
succisa virescit

danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
You should learn some type of PS. Even PSP would help. 2-4-6-7-8-9-10 are my choices. Good job on the snow shots. Took the liberty of playing with 1 shot. 30 second edit.
This is why you should learn photoshop. You can fix poor exposure and really bring out colors in your photos.

flickr
Old 03-21-2007, 11:26 AM #27
JungleLarry (Banned)
Algorithms and bananas

They don't suck. Congratulations.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:34 AM #28
gigante
in your face space coyote

6, 9 and 17 are decent shots. the rest lack any sort of interest. when photographing something, you have to have something you want to show. i'm not sure what tony sees in 8, maybe he could explain. number 9 has some potential, and is probably my favorite out of the group. the lighting is nice (as it is in several of your shots), and that window is cool, but the composition is lacking a bit. use the lack of balance in the window to your favor.

You kept a distance out of fear you'd break, but what good's a single windchime hanging quiet all alone? The music our collisions would make is the sound that turns "the road that leads us back home" into "home."

flickr
Old 03-21-2007, 04:10 PM #29
shoot_squrriels_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbob1088 View Post
This is why you should learn photoshop. You can fix poor exposure and really bring out colors in your photos.
yes i totally agree! that quick fix was pretty good and i am desprete for a photoshop software... does anyone have any suggestions??
"I went to the woods because i wished to live deliberatly, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I come to die, discover that I had not lived"
-Henry David Thoreau
Walden

"Originally posted by anoobnamedslickback: im gunna get flammed for life....
im 13 and havn't produced semen yet,All i can say is WTF."
Old 03-21-2007, 04:12 PM #30
shoot_squrriels_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigante View Post
6, 9 and 17 are decent shots. the rest lack any sort of interest. when photographing something, you have to have something you want to show. i'm not sure what tony sees in 8, maybe he could explain. number 9 has some potential, and is probably my favorite out of the group. the lighting is nice (as it is in several of your shots), and that window is cool, but the composition is lacking a bit. use the lack of balance in the window to your favor.
thanks for the tips
"I went to the woods because i wished to live deliberatly, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I come to die, discover that I had not lived"
-Henry David Thoreau
Walden

Old 03-21-2007, 04:20 PM #31
gigante
in your face space coyote

does that last part about the window make sense? i was typing earlier, then i had to go in a hurry.

You kept a distance out of fear you'd break, but what good's a single windchime hanging quiet all alone? The music our collisions would make is the sound that turns "the road that leads us back home" into "home."

flickr
Old 03-21-2007, 04:24 PM #32
shoot_squrriels_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigante View Post
does that last part about the window make sense? i was typing earlier, then i had to go in a hurry.
ya i was looking at the photo earlier and i think i understand what you say, its very helpful, thank you
-Henry David Thoreau
Walden

Old 03-21-2007, 11:20 PM #33
shoot_squrriels_09

thank you to everyone who gave me constructive criticism!

thank you!
-Henry David Thoreau
Walden

Old 03-22-2007, 05:11 AM #34
robfromabove
...taking over the world

I really like #1 and #17
Old 03-22-2007, 07:21 AM #35
shoot_squrriels_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfromabove View Post
I really like #1 and #17
well they r two diff angels of the cake and i wanted to know which one people liked more
-Henry David Thoreau
Walden

Old 03-22-2007, 07:34 AM #36
jeremy_maillet

jeremy_maillet is a Paintball photographer
jeremy_maillet owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jeremy_maillet plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot_squrriels_09 View Post

I really don't know if thats what poeple are saying about getting different angles, the change in like 4 degrees in an angle really doesn't do anything... Its the same pic...

1D MarkIII | 7D | 24-70L | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 300mm F/2.8L IS | 85mm f/1.8 | 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye | 580EXII | Computrekker | Other lenses and junk
Old 03-22-2007, 03:45 PM #37
shoot_squrriels_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_maillet View Post
I really don't know if thats what poeple are saying about getting different angles, the change in like 4 degrees in an angle really doesn't do anything... Its the same pic...

you obviously dont know what u r talking about, that much of a turn can change any piture quite a bit, i personally like #1 the best over #17. the diff. angle changes the lighting also. even if it is a 4 degree rotation, then there is a new 4 degrees of the picture that wudnt have been in the original.
-Henry David Thoreau
Walden