Take a look at my photos... - Page 2 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-20-2007, 04:45 PM #22
tonybhall
Mag Daddy
 
tonybhall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bama: Roll Tide!
tonybhall is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
tonybhall supports our troops
hey squrriels,

I love #8. and several of the others could be really good with just a little touch up in my opinion. Keep shooting and get yourself a good photo editing program.

I mean guys, you have to give him credit for not posting any pictures of his ceiling fan, soda cans, or any pics from inside his car. And while he did post a picture of his cat, as cat pics go, we've all seen much worse. This guy at least got up off his couch and went out side.
__________________
Bryan

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
tonybhall is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2007, 10:16 PM #23
speedtest
 
 
speedtest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: illinois
speedtest is playing at Living Legends V
speedtest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
speedtest has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
speedtest has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
you do have a few shots in there that are really good. the window shots i didnt like much, but i thought the cake was kinda cool along with the bird in the feeder.
__________________
CIA

No Limit Support
speedtest is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 10:54 AM #24
Cc_incX
I like French Toast.
 
Cc_incX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Utah
i think some of them are pretty good. I really like the bird one, and the cake.
__________________
I HATE "BAD" CHEATERS
Team Anonymous
Cc_incX is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 10:56 AM #25
Cc_incX
I like French Toast.
 
Cc_incX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybhall View Post

I mean guys, you have to give him credit for not posting any pictures of his ceiling fan, soda cans, or any pics from inside his car. And while he did post a picture of his cat, as cat pics go, we've all seen much worse. This guy at least got up off his couch and went out side.
^^^^ Agreed!!!!
__________________
I HATE "BAD" CHEATERS
Team Anonymous
Cc_incX is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 11:18 AM #26
danbob1088
succisa virescit
 
danbob1088's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
You should learn some type of PS. Even PSP would help. 2-4-6-7-8-9-10 are my choices. Good job on the snow shots. Took the liberty of playing with 1 shot. 30 second edit.
This is why you should learn photoshop. You can fix poor exposure and really bring out colors in your photos.
__________________

flickr
danbob1088 is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 11:26 AM #27
JungleLarry (Banned)
Algorithms and bananas
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
They don't suck. Congratulations.
JungleLarry is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 11:34 AM #28
gigante
in your face space coyote
 
gigante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: kcmo
 has been a member for 10 years
6, 9 and 17 are decent shots. the rest lack any sort of interest. when photographing something, you have to have something you want to show. i'm not sure what tony sees in 8, maybe he could explain. number 9 has some potential, and is probably my favorite out of the group. the lighting is nice (as it is in several of your shots), and that window is cool, but the composition is lacking a bit. use the lack of balance in the window to your favor.
__________________
I wrote a little song for you with a melody I'd borrowed put to words that didn't rhyme to repeat what you already knew, as the stones thrown at your window tapped in syncopation.

You kept a distance out of fear you'd break, but what good's a single windchime hanging quiet all alone? The music our collisions would make is the sound that turns "the road that leads us back home" into "home."

flickr
gigante is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 04:10 PM #29
shoot_squrriels_09
 
 
shoot_squrriels_09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Northern Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbob1088 View Post
This is why you should learn photoshop. You can fix poor exposure and really bring out colors in your photos.
yes i totally agree! that quick fix was pretty good and i am desprete for a photoshop software... does anyone have any suggestions??
__________________
"I went to the woods because i wished to live deliberatly, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I come to die, discover that I had not lived"
-Henry David Thoreau
Walden

"Originally posted by anoobnamedslickback: im gunna get flammed for life....
im 13 and havn't produced semen yet,All i can say is WTF."
shoot_squrriels_09 is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 04:12 PM #30
shoot_squrriels_09
 
 
shoot_squrriels_09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Northern Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigante View Post
6, 9 and 17 are decent shots. the rest lack any sort of interest. when photographing something, you have to have something you want to show. i'm not sure what tony sees in 8, maybe he could explain. number 9 has some potential, and is probably my favorite out of the group. the lighting is nice (as it is in several of your shots), and that window is cool, but the composition is lacking a bit. use the lack of balance in the window to your favor.
thanks for the tips
__________________
"I went to the woods because i wished to live deliberatly, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I come to die, discover that I had not lived"
-Henry David Thoreau
Walden

"Originally posted by anoobnamedslickback: im gunna get flammed for life....
im 13 and havn't produced semen yet,All i can say is WTF."
shoot_squrriels_09 is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 04:20 PM #31
gigante
in your face space coyote
 
gigante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: kcmo
 has been a member for 10 years
does that last part about the window make sense? i was typing earlier, then i had to go in a hurry.
__________________
I wrote a little song for you with a melody I'd borrowed put to words that didn't rhyme to repeat what you already knew, as the stones thrown at your window tapped in syncopation.

You kept a distance out of fear you'd break, but what good's a single windchime hanging quiet all alone? The music our collisions would make is the sound that turns "the road that leads us back home" into "home."

flickr
gigante is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 04:24 PM #32
shoot_squrriels_09
 
 
shoot_squrriels_09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Northern Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigante View Post
does that last part about the window make sense? i was typing earlier, then i had to go in a hurry.
ya i was looking at the photo earlier and i think i understand what you say, its very helpful, thank you
__________________
"I went to the woods because i wished to live deliberatly, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I come to die, discover that I had not lived"
-Henry David Thoreau
Walden

"Originally posted by anoobnamedslickback: im gunna get flammed for life....
im 13 and havn't produced semen yet,All i can say is WTF."
shoot_squrriels_09 is offline  
Old 03-21-2007, 11:20 PM #33
shoot_squrriels_09
 
 
shoot_squrriels_09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Northern Wisconsin
thank you to everyone who gave me constructive criticism!

thank you!
__________________
"I went to the woods because i wished to live deliberatly, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I come to die, discover that I had not lived"
-Henry David Thoreau
Walden

"Originally posted by anoobnamedslickback: im gunna get flammed for life....
im 13 and havn't produced semen yet,All i can say is WTF."
shoot_squrriels_09 is offline  
Old 03-22-2007, 05:11 AM #34
robfromabove
...taking over the world
 
robfromabove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
I really like #1 and #17
robfromabove is offline  
Old 03-22-2007, 07:21 AM #35
shoot_squrriels_09
 
 
shoot_squrriels_09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Northern Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by robfromabove View Post
I really like #1 and #17
well they r two diff angels of the cake and i wanted to know which one people liked more
__________________
"I went to the woods because i wished to live deliberatly, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I come to die, discover that I had not lived"
-Henry David Thoreau
Walden

"Originally posted by anoobnamedslickback: im gunna get flammed for life....
im 13 and havn't produced semen yet,All i can say is WTF."
shoot_squrriels_09 is offline  
Old 03-22-2007, 07:34 AM #36
jeremy_maillet
 
 
jeremy_maillet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NB, Canada
jeremy_maillet is a Paintball photographer
jeremy_maillet owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jeremy_maillet plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot_squrriels_09 View Post

1

17
I really don't know if thats what poeple are saying about getting different angles, the change in like 4 degrees in an angle really doesn't do anything... Its the same pic...
__________________
Playonpics.com
Eastern CXBL photographer | PSP Profield photographer


1D MarkIII | 7D | 24-70L | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 300mm F/2.8L IS | 85mm f/1.8 | 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye | 580EXII | Computrekker | Other lenses and junk
jeremy_maillet is offline  
Old 03-22-2007, 03:45 PM #37
shoot_squrriels_09
 
 
shoot_squrriels_09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Northern Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_maillet View Post
I really don't know if thats what poeple are saying about getting different angles, the change in like 4 degrees in an angle really doesn't do anything... Its the same pic...

you obviously dont know what u r talking about, that much of a turn can change any piture quite a bit, i personally like #1 the best over #17. the diff. angle changes the lighting also. even if it is a 4 degree rotation, then there is a new 4 degrees of the picture that wudnt have been in the original.
__________________
"I went to the woods because i wished to live deliberatly, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I come to die, discover that I had not lived"
-Henry David Thoreau
Walden

"Originally posted by anoobnamedslickback: im gunna get flammed for life....
im 13 and havn't produced semen yet,All i can say is WTF."
shoot_squrriels_09 is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump