Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 10:54 AM #1051
sniprgrl
Come find me!

Lightbulb Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind26 View Post
Scott! Woot! Man these past couple of weeks is like a CK family reuinion! What's mah man!? I'm doing alright, serving God in small ways. Family's good, church is breat, life's always smilin' on me man. God's been so good that I can not seriously complain on anything. How 'bout you? How are things in the houshold of Wurth?

For the advice: Don't let him do it. Peer pressure is making him do it, if you ok this think in the future what peer pressure will make him do! As a parent we can justify things and say that times have changed, but the biblical principle hasn't. If you ok this, you're ok'ing and open door to other things. From small things we take bigger steps or move to bigger things. Besides that purity starts from the heart. If he wants to do it, what's stopping him from going further, so don't open the door to temptation and promiscuity. The Bible clearly says to FLEE YOUTHFUL LUSTS.

Wanna talk, I'm here Scott. Have a great day man. Great to hear from you a gain.
I whole heartedly agree with Mastermind, You shouldnt allow him the 'OK' to do it for peer pressures are going to be an on going thing. And If you ok it it once he will have that as an 'EXCUSE' to do bigger n "better' things and To talk to him through the Bibical terms of it would be the way to go, in my opion. Yes, FLEE YOUTHFUL LUSTS...
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2007, 11:17 AM #1052
wurthit4660
FARVA ON DUTY

wurthit4660 supports DLX Technology
Thanks guys for all the advice you give. As far as the talk goes you would be suprised about how much they are taught and already know about sex. The things I hear from him, is just shocking to both my wife and I. Both my wife also agree that he is to young for the kissing issue. Well it's nice to hear from everyone again, and hope everyone stays well and safe. Talk to you guys again soon, now that I'm day shift

Packing: Luxe What Else + Spire + Ninja 50/45 = Slaying Criminals

Law Enforcement For Life
"You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't!
Old 03-30-2007, 11:20 AM #1053
Mastermind26
We are moons

Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurthit4660 View Post
Thanks guys for all the advice you give. As far as the talk goes you would be suprised about how much they are taught and already know about sex. The things I hear from him, is just shocking to both my wife and I. Both my wife also agree that he is to young for the kissing issue. Well it's nice to hear from everyone again, and hope everyone stays well and safe. Talk to you guys again soon, now that I'm day shift
NEtime Scott. BTW, since he knows so much already, he should be hearing this from his parents first. The school is there to educate the intellect/mind and the house to educate the person/heart. The streets is no place to be learning about something that God instituted as sacred.

Hope to see you back soon....don't be a stranger.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 03-30-2007, 12:17 PM #1054
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eels23 View Post
But what really bugged me was that he asked me if I have ever looked at a girl and thought "Man she is hot" or anything of the sort. I said yes because I don't know one person my age who hasn't and he told me that it was a sin to do this. I honestly had no idea on how this works. Doesn't that condescend the meaning of relationships? I mean I know relationships don't happen on just looks. When I look for a girl I look for more of a personality than looks but I also want a girl who is good looking. I may have not made sense with all of it but maybe someone can help me. Thanks.

Oh and I also forgot to mention that no, I have never read the Bible. Many of you may know but I was never really close to God before Christ Krew but when Alex made it I was suddenly inspired and started a relationship with him. I want to read the Bible but without a study group I honestly don't think I fully would understand it as I would have many questions. When I get into college I plan to join a study group and start to read it.

Andy
Andy,

(sorry, just catching up to some posts) I think you may have misunderstood. I think the intent was to convey that lusting after girls by ogling is a sin. Looking at a girl because she's pretty is not. Us, as men, know the difference.

I can look at a girl and see her as attractive, but I can also see the same girl and "check her out" (maybe even imagining her undressed or something similar). The moment the sight crosses from chance look to purpose look (as in doing a double take when you see a hot girl by chance and stare back to check her out) is when you have crossed the line.

IDK, if I'm explaining things right.

The point was that as men, we can't control what we see at random, but we can certainly entertain thoughts of lusts and we should not. Looking at a girl can be innocent or not, it all depends on the thoughts on your mind.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 03-30-2007, 12:32 PM #1055
paintballguru92
Guru

Annual Supporting Member
paintballguru92 plays in the PSP
paintballguru92 plays in the APPA D3 division
Morning WIL!!!!!!!!!! Lunch time! =) =P =]....=[ =\ =( its cold outside though ='(
FLY HIGH KREW
Old 03-30-2007, 12:47 PM #1056
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballguru92 View Post
Morning WIL!!!!!!!!!! Lunch time! =) =P =]....=[ =\ =( its cold outside though ='(
Good Morning Mike. Any luck reading the Bible today? You might wanna pick up a daily devotional book to help you along.

BTW, the ='( smily was the best used ASCII emot you have used yet.
Personally I like =º)

CK member #04 (???)
Old 03-30-2007, 02:09 PM #1057
DaytonLax14
Corey Stevens

DaytonLax14 donated to help Peyton Trent
DaytonLax14 helped look for balloons
YAY SPRING BREAK!!!!! Ahh i'm so pumped for the tourney on sunday. Many of the teams are D2 and we're D4.....we'll see how that goes.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:27 PM #1058
paintballguru92
Guru

Annual Supporting Member
wil why cant God just let me die? i wanna be in heaven i wanna be without problem, without worry, i just want to be happy cuz right now im not happy in life, ive had to end one relationship (my old best friend (2 yrs)) for a new one i dunno but i like just wanna live a normal life
FLY HIGH KREW
Old 03-30-2007, 02:41 PM #1059
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonLax14 View Post
YAY SPRING BREAK!!!!! Ahh i'm so pumped for the tourney on sunday. Many of the teams are D2 and we're D4.....we'll see how that goes.
I'm not jealous of either the break or the fact that you get to play....not in the least.

Quote:
wil why cant God just let me die? i wanna be in heaven i wanna be without problem, without worry, i just want to be happy cuz right now im not happy in life, ive had to end one relationship (my old best friend (2 yrs)) for a new one i dunno but i like just wanna live a normal life
There are only 2 things guaranteed in life. 1) that you will die one day. 2) that while you're alive you will experience pain.

There is a saying that says, "In to every life a little rain must fall", but the storm passes.

If God granted your wish to die, you would not have the chance to experience life at it's best. There would be no chance to see what joy it is to lead someone to Christ. To see what God has planned for your life (wife, career, kids, etc.).

It would be a very selfish wish considering there are other people who are suffering way much more and others who God has prepared to cross your path for you to shine God's Love and God's Word on them.

Life's not too bad Mike. You just gotta search for God, when life gets you down.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 03-30-2007, 02:49 PM #1060
DaytonLax14
Corey Stevens

Quote:
wait, why did you have to lose one friend for another friend?
Old 03-30-2007, 02:50 PM #1061
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
wait, why did you have to lose one friend for another friend?
Hmmm. Good point! What happened?

EDIT: Chris, so what happened with the situation you asked to be prayed for?

CK member #04 (???)

Last edited by Mastermind26 : 03-30-2007 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:22 PM #1062
DaytonLax14
Corey Stevens

okay this thread is dead right now. So i'll try to start up some conversation.

Okay so for all the teens in CK, are your parents supportive about paintball? My parents definately are not. My parents havn't even come seen me play in a tournament before. My mom even said that she doesn't care about paintball....yeah it sucks. I have payed for every single case of paint that i shot, and all of my gear (except for my hopper. g-ma gave it to me) with all of my own money. So i was just wondering if any one is in the same boat as i am?
Old 03-30-2007, 06:49 PM #1063
Eels23
The Hoss

Eels23 plays in the PSP
Eels23 plays in the APPA D4 division
Eels23 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Eels23 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
okay this thread is dead right now. So i'll try to start up some conversation.

Okay so for all the teens in CK, are your parents supportive about paintball? My parents definately are not. My parents havn't even come seen me play in a tournament before. My mom even said that she doesn't care about paintball....yeah it sucks. I have payed for every single case of paint that i shot, and all of my gear (except for my hopper. g-ma gave it to me) with all of my own money. So i was just wondering if any one is in the same boat as i am?
Yes my parents are very supportive. They love to come watch me play (although I tell them not to since I usally have to drive some distance to play with the teams I practice with ie. Tampa Bay Damage) but I believe it is partly because they know I have my priorities straight. They know I want to go to college and get a degree and thats what matters most to both them and me. They know I want to play professionally in the NXL and they support me in doing that but what if I do play and snap my leg in half somehow the first game and never can play again? I will have my business degree to fall back on even though I plan on working and playing at the same time, hopefully.

Andy
Myspace
Luxe F/S NEED MONEY
QUITTING SALE! CHEAP
Old 03-30-2007, 06:54 PM #1064
timmyfreek
Ronin

timmyfreek supports Cereal Killerz 2
eh i was 20 befor i ever picked up a paintball gun. my parents were very suportive when i was in my teens and played hockey.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:05 PM #1065
DaytonLax14
Corey Stevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eels23 View Post
Yes my parents are very supportive. They love to come watch me play (although I tell them not to since I usally have to drive some distance to play with the teams I practice with ie. Tampa Bay Damage) but I believe it is partly because they know I have my priorities straight. They know I want to go to college and get a degree and thats what matters most to both them and me. They know I want to play professionally in the NXL and they support me in doing that but what if I do play and snap my leg in half somehow the first game and never can play again? I will have my business degree to fall back on even though I plan on working and playing at the same time, hopefully.

Andy
consider your self lucky man. or maybe i'm just unlucky...who knows.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:19 PM #1066
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyfreek View Post
eh i was 20 befor i ever picked up a paintball gun. my parents were very suportive when i was in my teens and played hockey.
I was 33. My parents don't know about paintball and they think it's dangerous (although my dad shot with me once and he liked the feel).

CK member #04 (???)
Old 03-30-2007, 07:25 PM #1067
timmyfreek
Ronin

timmyfreek supports Cereal Killerz 2
hey wil! ur finaly on when im on. sup?
Old 03-30-2007, 07:40 PM #1068
spydrplus229 (Banned)

my parents never really supported my paintball obsession, but they didnt have anything against it. i have always had to pay for all of it, but if it wasnt worth it i wouldnt have worked for it. i have never really expected much of my parents besides a lot of restrictions and punishment, but it made me appreciate doing things for myself without always needing them. i paid for everything up until i moved in with my mom and was allowed to commit to a team, then sponsors started pickin up part of it.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:45 PM #1069
BlueShox
Registered Turtle

On the subject of parents and paintball

Mine hated it. They saw it as a waste of money and an afternoon, and they were only happy because I was gone every Saturday and Sunday. I spent the whole time I played relying on getting rides from other friends or the people who worked at our field, because my parents wouldn't even take me.

And on the inverse, when I started getting out of paintball and started making music (my dad played bass when he was young), my dad was all gung-ho about me selling all my stuff for a new amp, and even drove me around various pawn shops looking for places to sell my E-Cocker, and looking at all the cool guitars and amps they had around.

I figured most parents would hate something like guitar playing as much as paintball, because at least with paintball, they never really had to deal with it. Now I spend at least two hours a day playing my bass, and often have other people jamming with me. I don't know why, but they've never really complained.

tl;jdr my parents are weird.

God, I used to wonder where You are; these days I can't find where You're not.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:02 PM #1070
paintballguru92
Guru

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
"originally said by Mastermind26"
Hmmm. Good point! What happened?
okay heres what happend....i went to this christian school met this really hot girl named daisy, i had no intentions of ever becoming more than friends just friends, we remained friends for about 3 months then this other girl came to our school, her name was maria, these two girls hated eachother for the longest time, it felt like an eternity, but daisy just quitted talking to me, and i became really good friends with maria, man we did everything together we stayed up untill 4 am talking on the phone, we went to lunch every day togehter, got the same thing and it felt like we were married, this was the 05-06 school year btw...then this year i returned as marias best friend...but you all know a different school year new people, maria soon went out with this guy called chris, man was he mean, he started to make it so i was out of contact with maria, then he pretty much came to my face and told me "MIKE! IM GOING TO BEAT THE **** OUT OF YOU IF I EVER SEE YOU AROUND MARIA AGAIN! YA GOT THAT?!?!?!" (sorry for the language but i dont think quotes of what people say should be changed) i told maria about this and she didn't care, she didn't care about me at all anymore, thats when i found myself in the classroom crying, daisy soon came up to me and asked what was wrong...well we have been best friends ever since this happened back in november...then one day we were both at a party and had sex, nuff on that story... then she started treating me like crap, because she had a car and she always drove me places she demanded i pay her for gas money my bank account went from $467.50 to $12.18 thats how much i had to pay her, then she would always talk to me like im retarded, she would always yell at me and say "IM BIPOLAR, I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO TREAT YOU LIKE ****" (again a quote) i do not have a very rough case of bipolar in fact i have what they say "Border-line bipolar" which is basically a mild case of it...well it is now april and this has been going on, maria broke up with that guy and he left the school, i was wondering if i could be her friend again and maybe have a friend who "cares" about me, but the second i talk to her daisy came over to me and yelled "YOU DONT HAVE MY PERMISSION TO BE HER FRIEND!!" things havent been good between me and maria ever since, well this week at school i finally became marias friend and thought i could stand up to daisy, of course she has to come over to me and start stuff, which she did, this whole schoolday was speant with me at warfare with her, she took my phone smashed it on the ground, stole money from me again (well thats no suprise) took my laptop broke it in half took my lacrosse stick through it out the window, and started saying all of these lies to maria, she said i was calling her fat, and that she was a "beaner" well those were all lies and maria was believing her thats about the time when i got up and was going to ro run away and cry she came over to me pushed me back down, started scratching me, punching me, she gave me a black eye, i have a really bad scratch mark on my neck...she was a junior going to be graduating this year, and now she is being expelled and her kid was taken away from her (no im not the father, but the baby is in full custody of the father) after she had assaulted me i finally ran away and sat alone and started crying...well after thirty minutes had passed maria came in and sat with me and we just started hugging, i think that was the longest hug ive ever had in my life, she explained to me how she doesnt believe her and that we are "BEST FRIENDS AGAIN!!" i was so happy...we even kissed... im just so glad that i actually have a friend who likes me, who actually wants to be around me (maria)... well it still sucks that it had to come down to this, but i wasnt even daisys boyfriend i was just her best friend at school, this is why im unhappy, i just want a normal life, i want to be happy, im not right now (except for my friend maria) it seems now that im going to be getting my life back, im going to be returning to my life as a teenager at heart, i guess the only person who is to thank for this is God he truly is an amazing person, but i still will be sorry about daisy, but God finally picked my life up he gave me reason to live he showed me that i am in fact somebody and not a total pathetic loser, well im going out with Maria right now so ill cya guys around...oh im reading the bible every night now, there isnt a snowballs chance in ... im not reading that thing, and im going to start praying, and talking to god, although i may not be very good at it i was told he wants to hear my voice well i gotta go or ill be late cya guys!!!!!!!

oh i guess i have you guys to thank, you all strenghtened me and i wanna stay in contact with all of you for life...well i guess we'll be stuck for eternity
FLY HIGH KREW

Last edited by paintballguru92 : 03-30-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:27 PM #1071
Tivo32
Be Clutch

i think you should pm Wil and talk to him about some of this...
Closed Thread