Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 10:21 AM #22
Mastermind26
We are moons

Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sittin_duk View Post
What do you mean? If I had wanted to walk out, I still wouldn't have, because the people playing had spent a TON of time getting ready for the service.
I mean if there was a worship service, I'd stay. But. If I went to church expecting to be edified by God's Word (through the sermon and/or SS) and all I got was music and singing; I'd walk out. I don't mean to be offensive in saying that. I just mean that no Word of God read/studied/meditated equals no edification. So when I say that emotions are a result of heeding God's voice, I mean that pure worship (which by the way does not need to be through music only, because you can worship God through prayer and reading God's Word) plays on the emotions only and does nothing to actually get you closer to God (just makes you FEEL closer).

IDK, if I'm explaining myself correctly (or intelligently), but like I say, it is not meant to be offensive.

I always think of the time that King Josiah "discovered" the Law of the Lord (inside the temple that had been left to ruin when Israel's kings went after other gods). Josiah wept and tore his clothes. He had the Law of the Lord read to the nation and everyone wept and made a vow (which they ultimately broke time and time again) to follow the 1 true God.

THAT right there is TRUE worship. When God's Word convicts and moves us. Our emotions follow and not lead us.

EDIT: And as far as the walking out and basically being disrespectful (considering the worship group prepared for such a length of time), I would talk to them afterwards so they know what was the reason.

CK member #04 (???)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2007, 10:26 AM #23
-TC-
Worthless Nights

has been a member for 10 years
Hey everyone

Whats going on?
Old 03-19-2007, 10:28 AM #24
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TC- View Post
Hey everyone

Whats going on?
Nothing much, but a guess we just started discussing worship services (as in 100% singing and music) and traditional services (a little bit of everything I guess).

How 'u doin'?

CK member #04 (???)
Old 03-19-2007, 10:28 AM #25
A4C
Oranges Revolt

A4C works for a Paintball manufacturer
A4C plays in the PSP
A4C owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
A4C plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind26 View Post
Now that I was re-reading that, yeah, I forgot to say that PG is for Prayer Group. sry.

Anyway, I think the passage for today fits very nicely with your comment there.

2 Cor. 4:16-18
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,
18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

This is a great set of verses, I am actually glad about all going on, not because its good stuff, but because in light of it all Christ has allowed me to see the good. I have always struggled with being negative and its nice for once just to be happy and be in the trenches, but not really weary.

Mac Daddy All-Stars |G.I. SPORTZ | KILA PRODUCTS | UNDERSTOOD CLOTHING | FURIOUS PAINTBALL | GO PRO | SMX OPTICS | CJ's Paintball Park | CUSTOM VINYL EXPRESS | VFORCE | AC402.com
OLD Feedback | GEARBAG SALE
PM ME FOR CUSTOM VINYL DECALS
Old 03-19-2007, 10:32 AM #26
paintballguru92
Guru

Annual Supporting Member
paintballguru92 plays in the PSP
paintballguru92 plays in the APPA D2 division
GOODMORNING! spring break!!! w00t!!! nothing but being lazy sleeping in untill 3pm every day!!!!!!
FLY HIGH KREW
Old 03-19-2007, 10:33 AM #27
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4C View Post
This is a great set of verses, I am actually glad about all going on, not because its good stuff, but because in light of it all Christ has allowed me to see the good. I have always struggled with being negative and its nice for once just to be happy and be in the trenches, but not really weary.
God is awesome. I love your testimony Jesse. I will most def. pass it on to the group. "We grow through adversity" is a true saying.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 03-19-2007, 10:33 AM #28
-TC-
Worthless Nights

Quote:
Nothing much, but a guess we just started discussing worship services (as in 100% singing and music) and traditional services (a little bit of everything I guess).

How 'u doin'?
I'm doing good.

I think that sometimes, very seldomly, it's ok to do an all worship service, esspecially with Youth, because what alot of Youth do o spend time with Christ.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:33 AM #29
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballguru92 View Post
GOODMORNING! spring break!!! w00t!!! nothing but being lazy sleeping in untill 3pm every day!!!!!!
What happened to "I will not be on until I fix my pc"?

Morning Mike. I guess we don't have to ask you what's up.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 03-19-2007, 10:40 AM #30
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
I'm doing good.

I think that sometimes, very seldomly, it's ok to do an all worship service, esspecially with Youth, because what alot of Youth do o spend time with Christ.
True. I agree. However, they need to be told "It's an all worship service!" so they know what to expect. And even then, you're treading waters that the Bible never set forth as being foundational to a relationship with God (that being music enduced feelings of closeness).

Jer. 17:9 "The heart (emotions) is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?

Now compare that to:

Psalm 19:7-10
7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;
8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes;
9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
10 More to be desired are they than gold, Yea, than much fine gold; Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Feelings/emotions vs. God's Holy Word. Feelings can lie to you (you think you love her/him, but it is only while the feelings last).

CK member #04 (???)
Old 03-19-2007, 10:42 AM #31
-TC-
Worthless Nights

Quote:
True. I agree. However, they need to be told "It's an all worship service!" so they know what to expect. And even then, you're treading waters that the Bible never set forth as being foundational to a relationship with God (that being music enduced feelings of closeness).

Jer. 17:9 "The heart (emotions) is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?

Now compare that to:

Psalm 19:7-10
7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;
8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes;
9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
10 More to be desired are they than gold, Yea, than much fine gold; Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Feelings/emotions vs. God's Holy Word. Feelings can lie to you (you think you love her/him, but it is only while the feelings last).
Yeah, This is a big deal in the church.

On another note, I really want to trade my ION.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:45 AM #32
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Yeah, This is a big deal in the church.

On another note, I really want to trade my ION.
Did you decide to hold out for the RM or did you settle for a trade? Just curious, not like I have a gun to trade.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 03-19-2007, 10:45 AM #33
-TC-
Worthless Nights

Nah

Niether

trade me something! haha
Old 03-19-2007, 10:54 AM #34
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Nah

Niether

trade me something! haha
wait, what? NEITHER? So you want to trade, but don't want to trade?

LOL

CK member #04 (???)
Old 03-19-2007, 10:54 AM #35
-TC-
Worthless Nights

Gah, gotta finish the rest of the school day.

Take it easy fellas
Old 03-19-2007, 10:55 AM #36
-TC-
Worthless Nights

Quote:
wait, what? NEITHER? So you want to trade, but don't want to trade?

LOL
I've gotten 1 offer

and I want to trade, but I dont have many options

So if you have something you wanna trade, hook a d00d up.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:03 AM #37
Sittin_duk
Woooohoooo...

Quote:
I mean if there was a worship service, I'd stay. But. If I went to church expecting to be edified by God's Word (through the sermon and/or SS) and all I got was music and singing; I'd walk out. I don't mean to be offensive in saying that. I just mean that no Word of God read/studied/meditated equals no edification. So when I say that emotions are a result of heeding God's voice, I mean that pure worship (which by the way does not need to be through music only, because you can worship God through prayer and reading God's Word) plays on the emotions only and does nothing to actually get you closer to God (just makes you FEEL closer).

IDK, if I'm explaining myself correctly (or intelligently), but like I say, it is not meant to be offensive.

I always think of the time that King Josiah "discovered" the Law of the Lord (inside the temple that had been left to ruin when Israel's kings went after other gods). Josiah wept and tore his clothes. He had the Law of the Lord read to the nation and everyone wept and made a vow (which they ultimately broke time and time again) to follow the 1 true God.

THAT right there is TRUE worship. When God's Word convicts and moves us. Our emotions follow and not lead us.

EDIT: And as far as the walking out and basically being disrespectful (considering the worship group prepared for such a length of time), I would talk to them afterwards so they know what was the reason.
Word, I think I see what you're saying.

Oh, it wasn't 100% music...there were two testimonies given on how God changed lives. My bad on not mentioning that one.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:16 AM #38
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sittin_duk View Post
Word, I think I see what you're saying.

Oh, it wasn't 100% music...there were two testimonies given on how God changed lives. My bad on not mentioning that one.
Kwel. If there were testimonies on changed lives, that would be a different service than straight, 100% musical. I think it has a lot to do with how mature you are spiritually (some of us are not as mature in some areas as others). This means that you need to regard the weaker members so they don't stumble and fall.

Overall, I would like to attend a service where I KNEW that it was gonna be a testimonial service. Those always rock. I get a spiritual charge of seeing how God changes lives and the contrast of where they used to be and where they are now.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 03-19-2007, 11:19 AM #39
paintballguru92
Guru

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
What happened to "I will not be on until I fix my pc"?

Morning Mike. I guess we don't have to ask you what's up.
no i changed my passwords to my bank account and all that type of stuff, not going to get on them from this computer though...as for pbn what harm can someone bring if they get on my pbn???? time to do the breakfast!!
FLY HIGH KREW
Old 03-19-2007, 11:20 AM #40
paintballguru92
Guru

Annual Supporting Member
hopefully my mom will bring home a XP disc from work so i can reformat...or maybe i can convince her to buy me vista!!!!
FLY HIGH KREW
Old 03-19-2007, 11:23 AM #41
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballguru92 View Post
hopefully my mom will bring home a XP disc from work so i can reformat...or maybe i can convince her to buy me vista!!!!
2 things.

1) PLZ! change your avvy. It's getting annoying

2) Must be nice to be loaded like that.

EDIT: Ok, 3 things:
3)PLZ! use the MULTIQUOTE, now that you know how to properly use it.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 03-19-2007, 11:24 AM #42
Tivo32
Be Clutch

haha vista is such a big change, my view is that I will only change my operating system when it's absolutely necessary. Haha I just am starting to figure out XP anyways.
Closed Thread