PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-18-2007, 09:30 PM #1
StuartM

StuartM has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IMP leak help

Alright so i was in the middle of a game and i was shooting, stopped for a second then my gun started to leak. Its not leaking out the barrel its an internal leak and the air is finding a way outside and coming out through the back where the trigger frame and body connect. Ive tried everything i can think of i checked hammer for o-ring problems all looked well then replaced the solenoid gasket. Still leaked then cleaned the spool valve and put a little bit of dow 33 on it and its still leaking. Is there anything else you guys can think of
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2007, 09:32 PM #2
Squanch
I LIKE CHEESE

make sure the solinoid is snug in there check your opirating pressure you might have it up higher then you kneed and check the valve orings make sure they are all good
Old 03-18-2007, 09:37 PM #3
bubba69089
iMPULSe AddicT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squanch View Post
make sure the solinoid is snug in there check your opirating pressure you might have it up higher then you kneed and check the valve orings make sure they are all good
^^Pretty much what he said. Sounds like its the solenoid, could be gasket or not completely snug...double check everything!

|Impulse Barrels (CP)|
Old 03-19-2007, 07:36 PM #4
StuartM

alright well i located the leak and it is the solenoid it is leaking out the back of it like i said i replaced the gasket and checked the spool valve and lightly lubed it with dow 33 but the problem is still occuring PLEASE HELP ME!
Old 03-20-2007, 06:43 PM #5
interwebs
Serious business!

you one hundered percent sure its the solenoid? Just cuz air is coming from the noid area doesnt mean that it is the noid, it could be a leaky ram assembly. It might be your ramshaft oring...check it and make sure its not worn down. Also do you have a stock ram or slikshot?
Old 03-20-2007, 09:37 PM #6
80mgoxy
get me a tooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartM View Post
alright well i located the leak and it is the solenoid it is leaking out the back of it like i said i replaced the gasket and checked the spool valve and lightly lubed it with dow 33 but the problem is still occuring PLEASE HELP ME!

the screws may not be tightened well enough or you could have stripped the holes a bit.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:19 PM #7
StuartM

screws are fine and im using a stock ram i still cant get this thing fixed i think im going to end up just buying a new solenoid