PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-18-2007, 12:13 AM #1
fromen

Need help with some definitions

I'm a little confused with what a solenoid is and what it does for the marker and what an lpr is and what that does for the marker. Also if there are any other terms that you think I should know can you pleas tell me.

thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2007, 12:27 AM #2
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
a solonoid releases air into the bolt allowing the bolt to move forward and shoot the paintball out.

An LPR (Low pressure regulator) takes the air from the HPR (high pressure regulator) and converts it into a lower pressure before it goes into the solenoid, which then releases the air into the bolt to fire the ball.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:33 AM #3
fromen

thanks a lot...and i think iv heard ppl saying that they change the setting on either the solenoid or the lpr is that possible/important for making the gun better and faster?
Old 03-18-2007, 02:46 AM #4
glaman5266

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromen View Post
thanks a lot...and i think iv heard ppl saying that they change the setting on either the solenoid or the lpr is that possible/important for making the gun better and faster?
Whether an LPR is adjustable or not (if it has one) depends on the marker. Some markers have non-adjustable LPRs due to their design or modifications. The vast majority of current poppit-types, spoolers, and autocockers have adjustable LPRs.

Certain settings are needed to achieve an LPR's (and ultimately the marker's) best performance. The range of adjustment, proper setting, and how to set it up may depend on the marker, the brand and/or type of LPR, the type of gas you use, and whatever modifications/aftermarket parts are being used.

Most of it is straight-forward though. Do some research if you are wanting particulars about operating pressure w/other aftermarket parts.

Last edited by glaman5266 : 03-18-2007 at 02:56 AM.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:47 AM #5
proto baller 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromen View Post
yes that is called dwell with the amount of time air is into ur niod, this affects ur markers constistncy and efficency, twaekign with ur lpr allsow does both...