PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-26-2014, 02:00 PM #1
xtreme_99

has been a member for 10 years
F8 shoot down

Haven't played in about 4 yrs. however when I last used the gun it seamed like my f8 would only cycle a few times than it would start to get bad shoot down.. Maybe 8 balls total before It wouldn't shoot the balls out. I wanna say that if I took the reg off and put on the reg from my ion the gun would cycle just fine. So Is there a video/link that would have some info as to how to rebuild/clean/ what to look for in fixing my reg?? Or should I be looking at a different part of he gun. Or is there even parts still available to fix this gun?
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2014, 10:16 PM #2
CA_Tectonics

A reg rebuild probably wouldn't be a bad thing to do since it's been a while and if another reg seemed to correct the issue. I don't think there are any unusual o-ring sizes on the F8 reg so that shouldn't be an issue either.

There are still parts for the Fusion (F7) and F8 but I don't think they are being made anymore so it may get harder and harder to find as time goes on.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:20 PM #3
xtreme_99

has been a member for 10 years
Do you know of a good source to find info on rebuilding the regulator?? Video or pictured or even a tutorial? I know the gun is a little old so sharing information on it is also getting old/not common. But any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:30 PM #4
CA_Tectonics

I don't think I've seen a video specifically for the F8 but I think there is something in the stickies that gives you a general idea.

The reg is very simple in design, not many parts at all. Here is a thread I made up that has the F8 schematic with the o-rings listed as well as an o-ring chart to help you check that you are using the correct size......Dangerous Power o-ring charts.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 01-26-2014, 10:42 PM #5
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
If the reg is gunked up and the shims are greasy, you can have issues like this.

Make sure to clean everything up and keep the shims dry. Make sure the shims are in the correct order and quantity.

The orings in the reg should really never go bad so I would just start with a cleaning and a re grease.

Also check and see what the reg seat looks like. Its the little black 'rubber looking thing' on the adjustment screw. If it has a large circle indent in it, it can cause issues.

IF a new reg fixed your shoot down, im sure thats all you need to fix.
MacDev Clone GTi
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:45 PM #6
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
If the reg is gunked up and the shims are greasy, you can have issues like this.

Make sure to clean everything up and keep the shims dry. Make sure the shims are in the correct order and quantity.

The orings in the reg should really never go bad so I would just start with a cleaning and a re grease.

Also check and see what the reg seat looks like. Its the little black 'rubber looking thing' on the adjustment screw. If it has a large circle indent in it, it can cause issues.

IF a new reg fixed your shoot down, im sure thats all you need to fix.
Actually, on the F8 the bolded is not true.

The regulator seat is INSIDE the tip of the silver regulator piston. Typically, if that is damaged though, the marker will shoot VERY hot because you have a whole lot of air flowing through the reg.

EDIT: This had some nice pics for identifying the regulator parts....http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2703553

Last edited by CA_Tectonics : 01-26-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:58 PM #7
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
I got confused but the idea is the same, make sure that part looks good.

A sticky and gunked up shim stack can cause shootdown, thats my bet.
MacDev Clone GTi
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:03 PM #8
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
I got confused but the idea is the same, make sure that part looks good.

A sticky and gunked up shim stack can cause shootdown, thats my bet.
Meh, no biggie. I'm here to keep ya in check . Another possibility for shootdown is the poppet or ram spring.

Little side note, the F8 is the only DP marker, of all the models that use the shim stack configuration, that uses the silver reg piston with the reg seat in the tip of the piston. Al of the others can be changed out to use the red reg piston with the reg seat on the velocity adjustment screw.