PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-15-2007, 05:16 PM #1
Bunker Buster

Zeus G2+ constant air adaptor problem

Hi Guys,

I made my own constant air adaptor by drilling one of the crosman Co2 cartridge and installing a QD (male part) on the hole.

So I connect my crossfire compress air tank via a remote and gas it up. Well it fired only one shot and the bolt doesn't cycle,It just goes pprrrrt....sounds like a low gas tippman.

My question is: output for my crossfire is 750PSI,is it too low? if I use 20 Oz CO2 tank would that solve the problem?

(Right now I have no CO2 tank)But it functions normally w/the crosman cartridge.

Is the output of a 20 Oz CO2 tank higher? What's the PSi output?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2007, 07:07 PM #2
lilkrnboi18

im pretty sure 750 psi shuld b fine. dont think 12 gram cartridges go that high so i dont think thats your problem.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:03 AM #3
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
You could have a few problems there.

First, quick disconnects have been known to limit the flow of air. They work better with CO2 due to differences between the gases. This may be your problem.

Second, it is possible that you're starving the gun by output pressure of your tank (like you suggested) or by the flow from the chamber of the 12g cartridge to the piercing cup.

Third, the gun may just prefer CO2. It isn't unheard of, some guns simply need the phase change gas in order to operate.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:19 PM #4
suicidal stitch

First things first, try CO2. Most old Warsensor's operate at 850 PSI which is the output of a CO2 tank. I guarantee this will solve your issue.

Secondly, the reason why it would shoot once and then make the burping noise is because it doesn't have enough pressure to recock itself. If you were to manually recock it it would shoot again, only to burp.

If it still doesn't work with CO2, start isolating the issues within your homemade air adapter, but it should be the pressure that's wrong.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:21 PM #5
Bunker Buster

Thanks guys, I guess I should use Co2 instead of nitro tank. If that is the case even if I buy the original armortech bottomline adaptor I would have the same problem, right?

The reason why I prefer to use nitro is during low temp days 20F I can't use my G2. I was hoping I can use a remote line with it.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:34 PM #6
devilmountainsports
NightStalkers

has been a member for 10 years
A Zeus will work fine on HPA, it only requires about 550 PSI to operate. Since your Modification is a non factory mod none of us store owners are not willing to give advice due to liability reasons. If you purchase the factory bottomline kit everything should work just fine.

I no longer own DMSPaintball.com. Call the store directly at 925-608-3319 for all your questions.

Last edited by devilmountainsports : 03-21-2007 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:56 PM #7
Bunker Buster

Ok.No prb.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:51 PM #8
SilentWolfX

where can you buy a bottom line adapter these days? I found one site but it doesn't seem reliable...
Old 06-12-2007, 12:18 PM #9
devilmountainsports
NightStalkers

has been a member for 10 years
You can go to www.warsensor.com for their dealer list and I have them.

I no longer own DMSPaintball.com. Call the store directly at 925-608-3319 for all your questions.