Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-15-2007, 12:37 AM #1
Asian282
AzN Sensation

Asian282 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Asian282 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Those that play @ Kohns Sports In Central Florida

So i normally play at kohns otherwise known as Legends Paintball Park, but just recently i havnt been able to go...(almost 6 months) ive heard rumors of the fields not being as great as they have been...such as a poorly maintained fields, half inflated bunkers, and even not enough refs to hold games. i know im a rec baller a normal walk-on but just curious...has anyone been there recently? is it like it used to be? green grass...fully aired bunkers...good amount of refs...etc.etc.?
since im going this sat...

thanks, all feedback would be great

-TJ
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2007, 10:16 AM #2
zmann20
www.deadlyvenoms.com

zmann20 is a Supporting Member
your misinformed...........go play. Great field and people.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:37 AM #3
Asian282
AzN Sensation

Asian282 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Asian282 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Hm...well, although i will take ur advice, the problem is that last time we went...there was only one field to play on NPPL coz teams were "training" on the X-ball field....playing a game or two is fine i dont mind waiting but they had it all day (later i learned they rented...so im not too concerned about that)but that fact that there was only one field left hogged by some other team doing freakin drills...did piss me off...and when we finally got on the NPPL field (after an hour of said team doing drills)we didnt have a ref....so i love the field im not bashing them at all, but last time we went wasnt so great...decent fun, but so minor play time the $25 field fee just felt wasted...

and since you kinda promote the field ill thank you for your reply but will also wait for another
Old 03-15-2007, 11:47 AM #4
paintballpimp092
Si vis pacem, para bellum

has been a member for 10 years
paintballpimp092 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballpimp092 plays in the APPA D5 division
paintballpimp092 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
- Grass: Good, but not as well taken care of as when the field first opened from what I saw two weeks ago.

- Bunkers: Yep, they were all inflated. The NPPL field was only half there, but the reason for that (or so I was told) is because they were having a pump tourney there the following weekend. The whole thing should be back up now, right? There was an Xball and NPPL field when I went. What happened to having four fields, did you guys decide not to do that or are you saving the money?

- Attendance: Wasn't great last time I was there. There were about fifteen people or so I'd say. Should be more if the field plans on staying in business. Maybe that was just a freak occurance and a slow Sunday, who knows.

- Everything else: You guys need to put up another sign at the side of the road for two reasons- advertisement and to help people know where to turn. I have to look for the landfill/big dirt pile that is on the property next to the road, there needs to be a sign. Even the banner that was up before would work.

Pit area is nice now that it's covered, netted in, full of tables, and has garbage cans. IMO, there needs to be a little more room as it was kind of crowded in there with everyone in there at once getting paint and stuff. Maybe put down some mulch inside the pit?

Air filled almost full or completely full...

That's about it.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:59 PM #5
dude127
I like to win

i play here just about every weekend. the grass is good except for corners. they have xball and nppl and will soon have another full field. there are refs for every game too. and the bunkers are inflated again if they go down (or just ask a ref to do it). they are also spreading mulch just about everywhere but the fields so there is less dirt. the owners work on everything to make the customer happy.