PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-08-2007, 11:17 PM #1
Thotograph

What hopper to get for my RT?

Ok so I've got a Halo and it's great, but I really don't want to have to keep switching it back and forth between my Automag RT pro and my e-cocker... so I'm shopping for a secondary hopper.

I'm about to just get a used 12v revy for the RT b/c it's cheap and with a mech I figure you don't need much, but I'm a little wary... I've got the ult and I'm about to pick up an i-frame... so it's pretty fast and about to get faster... plus I have some inkling that the revy will only reach it's optimum feed rate with a longer ballstack (feedneck) so my stock feedneck or any other low-rise feedneck will hinder it's performance... I do not like the way a highrise looks or feels... I want a tight setup but I also want it to be light and the halo definetly adds some weight up top...

Will a Revy work decent with my stock low rise feedneck? What is the minimum feedneck length that I can run and get good results with a 12v revolution? Would the intelifeed mod give me the right kind of results even though the feedneck is short(not a huge fan of the wire hanging out)? Any other alternatives come to mind? I was also considering getting something better than my stock halo and keeping the halo on the mag... but I don't have alot to spend and I can get a Revy used for cheap.

Thanks

Old Feedback
Old 03-08-2007, 11:36 PM #2
foughtwolf
First-And-Only Men!

It'll work fine, invest in a Level 10 as well if you feel uncomfortable.

"Originally posted by BGardner: AkA had every opportunity to license, we did not put them out of business. The put themselves out of business."
Old 03-09-2007, 03:40 AM #3
Thotograph

got the lvl 10... it's an x-valve... had my first chuff just the other day took a little while. haven't broken a ball yet i guess i'm being a little too paranoid... just payed for a rev... should be fine... i'll put it through its paces when i get it... i need a new halo shell broke the feedneck a little while ago... not liking the material they're made of

Old Feedback
Old 03-09-2007, 12:12 PM #4
Badmovies
Mostly Harmless

I had a good old Revvy that I had used for years on a classic valve automag. After getting an RT Pro (also with ULT), I was able to outrun it and upgraded to a Vlocity.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:09 AM #5
Thotograph

yeah it looks like the halo is going to share the workload but if my dad wants to show up or a friend comes along then the rt is going to be theirs for the day with that revy... actually just got a classic valve so i'd probably give them that setup to keep my x-valve runnin good. I love the RT it's my favorite over my cocker for sure It's getting an i-frame soon too! hows that vlocity working for you?

Old Feedback
Old 03-10-2007, 06:21 AM #6
Badmovies
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thotograph View Post
yeah it looks like the halo is going to share the workload but if my dad wants to show up or a friend comes along then the rt is going to be theirs for the day with that revy... actually just got a classic valve so i'd probably give them that setup to keep my x-valve runnin good. I love the RT it's my favorite over my cocker for sure It's getting an i-frame soon too! hows that vlocity working for you?
So far, so good with the Vlocity. It has not jammed up, nor broken any balls. The only time I had a feed problem was when it was less than half full and I put too much of a tilt on the marker.

Had to clean the Vlocity once, due to a broken ball in a pod (last pod, had to use it). Easy to disassemble, clean, and reassemble.