PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-11-2007, 03:25 AM #1
trytoohard

has been a member for 10 years
maybe changing over

So i was about to pour 250 bucks into my promaster and a guy on my floor was talking about his mag and it got me interested. I figured why should i spend another 250 bucks just to go on compressed air and shoot fast when i don't shoot fast to begin with. Because i only play in the woods and only a few times a summer. So i have a couple questions about mags. First, chopping a paintball is unacceptable, will a leval 10 stop it? Next if i were to run my mag on c02 (i was looking at either a pro classic or a minimag) how loud will it be and what kind of accuracy can i expect? What pressure does it operate at, i have a palmers fatty regulator and was wondering if 400 ish psi is high enough. Also where can i find automag barrels and a proclassic or minimag online?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2007, 04:20 AM #2
OneUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by trytoohard View Post
So i was about to pour 250 bucks into my promaster and a guy on my floor was talking about his mag and it got me interested. I figured why should i spend another 250 bucks just to go on compressed air and shoot fast when i don't shoot fast to begin with. Because i only play in the woods and only a few times a summer. So i have a couple questions about mags. First, chopping a paintball is unacceptable, will a leval 10 stop it? Next if i were to run my mag on c02 (i was looking at either a pro classic or a minimag) how loud will it be and what kind of accuracy can i expect? What pressure does it operate at, i have a palmers fatty regulator and was wondering if 400 ish psi is high enough. Also where can i find automag barrels and a proclassic or minimag online?
My friend never chops on his lvl 10, you need to have it properly tuned though. I just got my own mag, so I can't say anything for my gun yet.

Loudness-wise, I would say it's quiet enough. Besides if you do single-shot only it'll be difficult to locate you in the woods. If it's too loud for you a new barrel with porting never hurts.

Accuracy: he seems to shoot accurately enough.

Reg: I don't think mags use regs. The valve itself is the reg.

If you buy a used mag with an ULE body, the body will have cocker barrel threads so you can buy cocker barrels.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:27 AM #3
patschamps0204 (Banned)

one up speaks truth.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:16 AM #4
chadlh

From what I understand you won't want to shoot CO2 unless you are getting a Classic and the appropriate accessories to keep it from freezing up. Your going to need to shoot the thing at around 800 psi I believe. Lastly as far as I understand it's the barrel to paint match that mostly makes a marker accurate.

Last edited by chadlh : 03-11-2007 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:10 PM #5
nerdysmurf

If you are going to use co2, make sure it is an older valve style. Also, don't use the regulator as that will starve the marker. It needs 800+psi to operate well.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:40 PM #6
FMprime
emirpMF

I run my mini-mag on co2, It really should have at least an anti-syphon tank and/or an expansion chamber. I use an old palmers stabilizer set to about 750 psi so it never lets liquid co2 through, and doesn't starve the classic valve.

The level 10 works great! You may want to read up on pneumags if you want to keep the really light & short trigger feel.

Mecha Godzilla: the bolt don't move because it's a spool-valve prototype thingy.