Christians=Capitalists? - Page 2 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-09-2007, 10:31 AM #22
wrath_ltd
Bah
 
wrath_ltd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lexington, SC
if people didn't take advantage of it...then welfare is great...if you get fired from your job for being lazy,not showing up,etc. then you don't deserve that witch you didn't try to earn...if you lose your job due to the bosses stupidity, tradgedy, stock market crashing(again heaven forbid) then yes welfare should be provided as long as it is used responsibly and not just spent willy nilly...and this concludes my two cents worth...
__________________
thomastaylor #421
wrath_ltd is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2007, 04:19 PM #23
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid
 
TESlight'emupTES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: VA
 has been a member for 10 years
TESlight'emupTES donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoppedtimmy View Post
I think my man timothy said it the best

"I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over men; she is to keep silent."
First of all, Timothy didn't write either 1st or 2nd Timothy.

The quote you posted is circumstantial. Because there was no formal religious education at the time the Bible was written, women couldn't serve in the church as pastors or teachers. However, now, circumstance has changed. Since there's education available for women, there's nothing wrong with having a woman pastor.
TESlight'emupTES is offline  
Old 03-09-2007, 08:57 PM #24
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TESlight'emupTES View Post
First of all, Timothy didn't write either 1st or 2nd Timothy.

The quote you posted is circumstantial. Because there was no formal religious education at the time the Bible was written, women couldn't serve in the church as pastors or teachers. However, now, circumstance has changed. Since there's education available for women, there's nothing wrong with having a woman pastor.
You might want to revise that. Do more research and you'll that women are still not allowed for various reasons that don't belong in this thread.
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 03-09-2007, 09:23 PM #25
Treasure Slaughter
Walrus
 
Treasure Slaughter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
This has always been one that confused me. Why do Christians, who are as a whole involved in a whole lot of charity work and are generally good people, support capitalism and are generally against welfare?

Edit: Ahh, sorry, I don't mean to say Capitalists are bad people, I just meant to say Christians are known for helping others out.
I'm Christian..or so I'm told..so that makes me a capitalist? I don't even know what the **** a capitalist is.

Thanks for the stereotype..prick
__________________
Music to do whatever to.
Treasure Slaughter is offline  
Old 03-09-2007, 10:25 PM #26
JayWalking
 
 
JayWalking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: hicktown ky
i think people on welfare should be drug tested

what would that do huh?

i also think if you have a buncha kids to get welfare it should be able to be pulled based on thier grades and truency


just my 2 cents
__________________
"The brave dont live long, but the cautious dont live at all" -me
www.christianpaintball.com

Christ Krew
#100
JayWalking is offline  
Old 03-09-2007, 10:30 PM #27
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid
 
TESlight'emupTES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: VA
 has been a member for 10 years
TESlight'emupTES donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasure Slaughter View Post
I'm Christian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasure Slaughter View Post
I don't even know what the **** a capitalist is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasure Slaughter View Post
Thanks for the stereotype..prick
Great representation of Christians, right there.
TESlight'emupTES is offline  
Old 03-09-2007, 11:36 PM #28
UniqueMemberOfHK
Get it? It's a joke...
 
UniqueMemberOfHK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by TESlight'emupTES View Post
Great representation of Christians, right there.
Lol maybe he meant his name was Christian.
UniqueMemberOfHK is offline  
Old 03-10-2007, 08:44 AM #29
Treasure Slaughter
Walrus
 
Treasure Slaughter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NY
No..I am of the Christian religion..I don't really believe in any of the stuff they tell me..thats why i said "..so I'm told"


geesh.

And yes..great representation...of 1 person..I represent millions and millions of people
__________________
Music to do whatever to.
Treasure Slaughter is offline  
Old 03-10-2007, 10:03 AM #30
Mastermind26
We are moons
 
Mastermind26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasure Slaughter View Post
No..I am of the Christian religion..I don't really believe in any of the stuff they tell me..thats why i said "..so I'm told"


geesh.

And yes..great representation...of 1 person..I represent millions and millions of people
In a way you do. By your declaration to you christianity is a joke and the many people that come into contact with you (pbn is one) will see just how much Christ, the Bible, and your life contradict with how christianity is supposed to be.

I think a more apt term for your christianity would be needed.
__________________
†Christ † Krew†

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline  
Old 03-10-2007, 02:37 PM #31
Treasure Slaughter
Walrus
 
Treasure Slaughter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NY
Ok..
__________________
Music to do whatever to.
Treasure Slaughter is offline  
Old 03-13-2007, 05:25 PM #32
Arcane2600 (Banned)
 
Arcane2600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
because chrisianity teaches us to love others as He loved us.

bur for capitalism. dur. think. you can relate anything to anything.

paper = e-mail
apples = oranges
crack = fatties
Arcane2600 is offline  
Old 03-13-2007, 06:01 PM #33
Lehk
<3 Phoenix
 
Lehk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
as a dirty godless liberal i would support a welfare program that gave out nutritious but tasteless food and spartan shelter. also the program should include education and job training.

this way society fulfills it's moral obligation to keep the poor from dying of hunger or starvation while still providing significant incentive to get off your *** and actually work.

the current system lets too many genuinely needy people fall through the cracks and allows too many scammers to live on welfare and drive expensive cars with their drug/prostitution money.

make the welfare it's own disincentive so those who will die/suffer without can have what they need but nobody who doesn't have to use it will.
__________________
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
FOR SALE: PARACHUTE. ONLY USED ONCE, NEVER OPENED, SMALL STAIN.
If you find 'the answer' it's just because you stopped looking
Lehk is offline  
Old 03-18-2007, 07:55 AM #34
shooteronyour6
...uses PB to share Jesus
 
shooteronyour6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southern IL
shooteronyour6 helped look for balloons
What I would like to know, is why is every thing 'labelled'? In my opinion a 'label' does nothing more than shorten the mind-set of an individual. Instead of a person labelling another person for what they DO, why can't they just they just leave it at that?
In other words, you can have 2 people of the same 'party', one's charitable, the other isn't. Yet others will 'tag' them both as one, just for what they believe or do.
Something of this nature is what divides the churces today. And to make my point, just ask 10 people who follow under the Catholic teachings if they're christian. And I bet the majority will say:"No! I'm Catholic." Ask a Protestant, if he/she's charismatic, and I bet the majority will say:"No! I'm Baptist!"
Ya know, 'labels ' are for the narrow-minded, and they're crippeling our nation...not mention keeping racism alive. If people actually knew what 1/2 the words meant that came out of their mouth, I wonder if they'd be so vulgar and shallow. Not to mention degrading (of themselves)?!?
What exactly is 'Capitalism', 'Demacratic', 'Republican'? Is it a person or an ideology? If it's a person, can you say that all people who have 'republican'/'demacratic' beliefs hold to the same standards of life? One and all? To think or believe so would not be wise to admitt , as it would reveal too much of your own personal vainness/shallowness, if not complete ignorance.
I believe that the Bible teaches us to be quick to hear and slow to speak for a reason. Words have so much power; they can hurt worse than a gun shot, or knife wound. And cause far more damage as well.
__________________
Because Jesus Lives we have a living hope...
http://neverlosehope.proboards.com
~Shooter~
Psalms 40:2-3
FeedBack link:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...oote ronyour6

Last edited by shooteronyour6 : 03-18-2007 at 08:01 AM. Reason: spell/word check.
shooteronyour6 is offline  
Old 03-18-2007, 01:33 PM #35
chodeyg
sprezzatura
 
chodeyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: via lactea
God damn it guys, could we grow up?


I didn't say every christian in the world is a capitalist. However, it is pretty safe to say that MOST christians support capitalism.


My question is: why?


I would figure that most Christians would actually support communism, because everybody contributes what they can and earns what they need. That way, everyone is guaranteed money and is also forced to work.
__________________
Resurrect dead on planet Jupiter
chodeyg is offline  
Old 03-18-2007, 08:46 PM #36
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
God damn it guys, could we grow up?...
yes, maybe starting with you? sorry, but I don't happen to believe God damns anything. maybe the god you are in reference does, or, that you believe he does, though. sorry, didn't get past this ironic quote.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline  
Old 03-19-2007, 03:41 PM #37
chodeyg
sprezzatura
 
chodeyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: via lactea
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
yes, maybe starting with you? sorry, but I don't happen to believe God damns anything. maybe the god you are in reference does, or, that you believe he does, though. sorry, didn't get past this ironic quote.
Okay that's youre belief, #1, and #2, that was unrelated. Not trying to be mean...you actally contributed to this thread.
__________________
Resurrect dead on planet Jupiter
chodeyg is offline  
Old 03-19-2007, 05:36 PM #38
skpaintball
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: so cal <O.C.>
 has been a member for 10 years
This thread is pointless.

Might as well change the thread title to' "Liberals=Communists?"
__________________
feedback
skpaintball is offline  
Old 03-20-2007, 04:27 PM #39
Arcane2600 (Banned)
 
Arcane2600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
"The swing voters---I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster"

thank you ann coutler.
Arcane2600 is offline  
Old 03-20-2007, 04:56 PM #40
chodeyg
sprezzatura
 
chodeyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: via lactea
Quote:
Originally Posted by skpaintball View Post
This thread is pointless.

Might as well change the thread title to' "Liberals=Communists?"
Uh, no, that would be Athiests=Communists. Nice try though. And really there is no uniting factor among athiests like that, they tend to be liberals but they don't support communism as a whole.

nice failure.
__________________
Resurrect dead on planet Jupiter
chodeyg is offline  
Old 03-20-2007, 06:38 PM #41
paintballonaim (Banned)
 
paintballonaim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Salem, Va
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballonaim is an NCPA player
paintballonaim plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
God damn it guys, could we grow up?


I didn't say every christian in the world is a capitalist. However, it is pretty safe to say that MOST christians support capitalism.


My question is: why?


I would figure that most Christians would actually support communism, because everybody contributes what they can and earns what they need. That way, everyone is guaranteed money and is also forced to work.
My question is: why not?

Don't most people who live under the umbrella of communism have to practicaly (or litterally) worship the dictator that governs them?

"Thou shalt have no other gods before Me."

That'd pretty much cancel that out.
paintballonaim is offline  
Old 03-20-2007, 09:31 PM #42
alex06
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: DC Metro
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballonaim View Post
My question is: why not?

Don't most people who live under the umbrella of communism have to practicaly (or litterally) worship the dictator that governs them?

"Thou shalt have no other gods before Me."

That'd pretty much cancel that out.
Fascism=/=communism
__________________
"Originally posted by automagwarrior: So you left the doctors office without asking him, to come home and ask the internet. Brilliant."
alex06 is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump