should schools be allowed to search students lockers or personal belongings? - Page 5 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: should schools be allowed to search students crap?
yes 72 57.14%
no 48 38.10%
other 6 4.76%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-20-2007, 06:21 PM #85
DJBruce
------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by atocckrpb12 View Post
this is another arguement my english teacher brought up. i posted a different question similar to this about the schools right to punish a student for a post on the web.

Should the school be allowed to search students lockers or personal belongings? (rifle through their ****, pockets, look what is on your ipod, etc...)
They can search your locker but I feel that if the attempt to search you like pockects or anything your wearing or carring the either need your consent or a warrent.

In my shcool the first day of school everyone is given a rule book and then you and your parents have to sign this form that says you agree to everything in the rule book and in the rule book there is a passage about search and siezer
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2007, 06:31 PM #86
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid

TESlight'emupTES donated to help Peyton Trent
Another thing I take issue with is students getting in trouble with guns in their cars. I realize why it's a safety issue, but some kids keep rifles in their trucks during hunting season here. When they're ticketed and/or arrested, I feel safe, but at the same time I realize where they're coming from.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:34 PM #87
careyman_462
Maverick says :tup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESlight'emupTES View Post
Another thing I take issue with is students getting in trouble with guns in their cars. I realize why it's a safety issue, but some kids keep rifles in their trucks during hunting season here. When they're ticketed and/or arrested, I feel safe, but at the same time I realize where they're coming from.
Meh, it would be fine to let that slide if you could seperate the good from the bad, but people are people and you never know who's gonna snap and kill people. It's best just to keep guns away from school (unless it's a LEO).

You can't completely keep anything away from school, if someone is going to brinng something, they're going to bring it. The only way to make school's "safer" is to have armed guards, metal detectors, and drug dogs at all entrances and exits. But **** that, I don't want public schools to look like a prison (or waste any more money), I'll take my chances in the real world.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:46 AM #88
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Yes, if they give the student the chance to witness their search.

Anyone who says no is dellusional, or too young to remember the 1990's shcool shootings.