PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-30-2007, 12:44 PM #22
killbot
runamok

edit

Last edited by killbot : 06-28-2007 at 08:18 PM.
killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2007, 02:54 PM #23
apunkjunkie

New post on PHOG on 5/30/2007

Quote:
Hi guys, hope this finds everyone well and functional.

As usual, there're people who are up in arms regarding work here in the shop, my reticence toward the 'friendly' emails etc etc.
Let me say once again, I haven't run off to anywhere sunnier than here. I'm not living off the ill gotten profits from selling all your gear to Albanian gypsies. I'm working.

That's all I'm doing. I've said it a thousand times if I've said it once.....I'm going to work on these stupid toys and get them done and out the friggin' door rather than spend time on emails that are largely geared toward how much I suck. Sorry kids, that's just the way it is.

The more observant of you out there floating about the net may have noticed that I just don't post online any longer. There's a reason for that......I'M F***ING WORKING! The greatest thing is, I stopped taking new work before the first of the year in an effort to cut the backlog into manageable pile. It's working. I have however had to take a day job. So I have a job to pay for my job. That unfortunately means that there's a bit less time to spend here in the shop. I'm limiting myself to a total of 14 hour days just to protect my health is nothing more since I don't have insurance at this point. How many of you would be willing to work 14 hours a day? How many would do it when there's this much crap floating around? Not many I'm thinking.

I only ever wanted to make cool guns for people that'd like them. That was it. I'm absolutely guilty of trying to make people happy, to the point that I simply couldn't keep up. Add to that the fact that there's just no profit in this gig. None. I've put the last ten or so years of my life into what amount to a bottomless hole where I throw my time and money and heart...every day.

My business is changing. It has to if it (and I) am to survive. I'll not be taking any more custom work for the foreseeable future, the intent of that is to move into a more wholesale manufacturing oriented operation. Frankly I don't want to deal with the end user anymore. This is a market where some rich 17 year old kid will haggle and ***** and whine, in every venue available, to anyone who'll listen. The greatest thing is...all I wanted to do was make cool guns that's make people happy.

So, once again....I'm not going anywhere, I haven't absconded with anyone's toys, I'm not living it up on some tropical island. I'm working. That's it. No, I won't bump your project (no matter how deserving) to the front of the list to be finished. No you probably won't get a specific response from me via E-mail for the time being though I hope that'll change sooner rather than later. No, threatening me won't do any good either, there's nothing you can do to me that can measure up to things that have already happened. If it weren't for Wellbutrin I might be tempted to say that being dead would be a decent alternative to this, so here's to better living thru chemistry!

One last thing before I close this little piece of love. To the 'kids' who email me three of four times a week wanting to know how to become and airsmith: Don't. Just don't.
Now, I can hear a whole herd of guys out there spooling up the flame machines but stick with me for a minute. The fact is, there's just no way to do it and live. Brad at PBMaxx figured it out, Doc has figured it out, there've been tons of guys who've given it a shot and all have figured it out.....I guess it just took me the longest to come to my senses. The only way to do this kind of work is as a hobby, part time. Get a day job. Everyone who's tried this as a full time has gotten thier *** kicked.

mama's don't let your babies grow up to be Airsmiths...
make'm be doctor and lawyers and such.......

I'm not going anywhere, I'm STILL working on your stuff, I've no intentions of running off. I'm not going to be available for emails for a while longer as there's even less time for it now than before.

But whatever you do...trust me on the sunscreen!
Old 06-09-2007, 04:34 PM #24
N2extreme1

Warfinge did you ever get your gun? Has anyone taken a tally on how many people are waiting on work? Just curious to know whos waiting for what and how long they have been waiting. Im interested to know where I sit.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:21 PM #25
apunkjunkie

The tally is easily over 50...if he shipped out 92 guns and is still working, its probably closer to 100. There's so many people that don't post on forums that sent stuff to him to work on, so I wouldn't be surprised if its over 100.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:50 PM #26
N2extreme1

Hmm I wonder if the croudbusters are the longest that people have been waiting. 3yrs + correct? I wonder if anyone else has been waiting longer than that?
Old 06-09-2007, 07:23 PM #27
N2extreme1

Wow 4yrs. I hope he gets it soon and that isn't the norm for the rest of the work.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:05 AM #28
recballchamp243 (Banned)
Ballin' since summa 1989'

if it takes 4 years to do what ever u guys are getting done, it better be worth 4 years....
recballchamp243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:28 AM #29
plushdragon

has been a member for 10 years
plushdragon helped look for balloons
re:

it be better for us and b-copter if we start a class action suit to recover all items at one time.it be cheaper on every one because lee have to ship every one stuff back at once.and with one lawyer and 20-309 people it looks better to the courts.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:40 AM #30
apunkjunkie

I don't think you'd be able to get a bunch of people together for a class action law suit. That last post of his said that he basically screwed up by taking on so much work that he can't afford to pay the bills anymore. Since he can't afford to pay the bills, he had to take a day job, which severely cuts down on the time he can work on his back log. My only concern is not being able to get in touch with him when I move, or if I do, my new address gets lost in the shuffle. Have Blue said he'd let Punisher know my new address, but I still don't like it. That's the only uncertainty I have with this whole thing. I believe my marker is going to be completed, one day, yet I just hope he's organized enough to ship it to the correct address when he's done.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:18 PM #31
killbot
runamok

edit

Last edited by killbot : 06-28-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:24 PM #32
apunkjunkie

I don't think Lee is a bad guy, but I do think he got in over his head. He's probably stressed out over the whole situation and he may take on custom work again in the future when he takes some time off. Who knows. If I get my stuff anytime soon, I'll let you guys know.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:27 PM #33
TIJUANAIRONMAN

TIJUANAIRONMAN is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Wow, I'm amazed he's still in business. He does do some amazing work but I can't see how people wait more than a year for their work to be done. I tried to get some work done by him about Three years ago and gave up on him after about Six months of waiting without any kind of update. He eventually returned all of my parts and he hadn't done anything to them during that time ( I wanted a pneumatic assist on a Phantom ) It got pretty nasty with both of us threatening to sue each other.
I guess he bit more than he could chew, gotta feel sorry for such a talented guy but a Terrible businessman.
TIJUANAIRONMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:20 AM #34
apunkjunkie

Let us know. I'm kinda interested to see if you get it.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:00 AM #35
killbot
runamok

Warfringe what were you having done to your cocker? and what model is it
Old 06-22-2007, 12:20 PM #36
xkpxfatassxx (Banned)
Korean Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher's Customs
Hi guys, hope this finds everyone well and functional.

As usual, there're people who are up in arms regarding work here in the shop, my reticence toward the 'friendly' emails etc etc.
Let me say once again, I haven't run off to anywhere sunnier than here. I'm not living off the ill gotten profits from selling all your gear to Albanian gypsies. I'm working.

That's all I'm doing. I've said it a thousand times if I've said it once.....I'm going to work on these stupid toys and get them done and out the friggin' door rather than spend time on emails that are largely geared toward how much I suck. Sorry kids, that's just the way it is.

The more observant of you out there floating about the net may have noticed that I just don't post online any longer. There's a reason for that......I'M F***ING WORKING! The greatest thing is, I stopped taking new work before the first of the year in an effort to cut the backlog into manageable pile. It's working. I have however had to take a day job. So I have a job to pay for my job. That unfortunately means that there's a bit less time to spend here in the shop. I'm limiting myself to a total of 14 hour days just to protect my health is nothing more since I don't have insurance at this point. How many of you would be willing to work 14 hours a day? How many would do it when there's this much crap floating around? Not many I'm thinking.

I only ever wanted to make cool guns for people that'd like them. That was it. I'm absolutely guilty of trying to make people happy, to the point that I simply couldn't keep up. Add to that the fact that there's just no profit in this gig. None. I've put the last ten or so years of my life into what amount to a bottomless hole where I throw my time and money and heart...every day.

My business is changing. It has to if it (and I) am to survive. I'll not be taking any more custom work for the foreseeable future, the intent of that is to move into a more wholesale manufacturing oriented operation. Frankly I don't want to deal with the end user anymore. This is a market where some rich 17 year old kid will haggle and ***** and whine, in every venue available, to anyone who'll listen. The greatest thing is...all I wanted to do was make cool guns that's make people happy.

So, once again....I'm not going anywhere, I haven't absconded with anyone's toys, I'm not living it up on some tropical island. I'm working. That's it. No, I won't bump your project (no matter how deserving) to the front of the list to be finished. No you probably won't get a specific response from me via E-mail for the time being though I hope that'll change sooner rather than later. No, threatening me won't do any good either, there's nothing you can do to me that can measure up to things that have already happened. If it weren't for Wellbutrin I might be tempted to say that being dead would be a decent alternative to this, so here's to better living thru chemistry!

One last thing before I close this little piece of love. To the 'kids' who email me three of four times a week wanting to know how to become and airsmith: Don't. Just don't.
Now, I can hear a whole herd of guys out there spooling up the flame machines but stick with me for a minute. The fact is, there's just no way to do it and live. Brad at PBMaxx figured it out, Doc has figured it out, there've been tons of guys who've given it a shot and all have figured it out.....I guess it just took me the longest to come to my senses. The only way to do this kind of work is as a hobby, part time. Get a day job. Everyone who's tried this as a full time has gotten thier *** kicked.

mama's don't let your babies grow up to be Airsmiths...
make'm be doctor and lawyers and such.......

I'm not going anywhere, I'm STILL working on your stuff, I've no intentions of running off. I'm not going to be available for emails for a while longer as there's even less time for it now than before.

But whatever you do...trust me on the sunscreen!
this was posted at 05-29-2007, 11:35 AM
xkpxfatassxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:11 PM #37
N2extreme1

Yes Im curious to see if anything was done to your gun as well.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:40 PM #38
killbot
runamok

Also his comment on being an airsmith due too his own stupidity is pretty lame. I dont see Palmers or Chipley telling the world that you cant make it as an airsmith, you just need to have a tiny tiny bit of buisness knowhow.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:29 PM #39
killbot
runamok

edit

Last edited by killbot : 06-28-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:23 PM #40
N2extreme1

Was the work done or was it just as you sent it?
Old 06-25-2007, 03:42 PM #41
killbot
runamok

warfringe how about some pics?
Old 06-25-2007, 04:36 PM #42
Striker9

If anyone has actual dealings with Punisher, I suggest they head over to MCB.
Striker9 is offline   Reply With Quote