Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-06-2007, 03:06 PM #1
infamoussmiley
Infamoussmiley

Angry Is Punisher (Lee Kinney) still in business?

Hi,
I'm starting to think I got ripped off. I sent a deposit to have work done by Punisher and now I can't reach him or get a reply. I've only been waiting 18 months. Anyone else have similar problems?
infamoussmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2007, 03:17 PM #2
A.C. Basbas
Official VM-68 Guru

I've bought from the Punishers shop a couple times lately.

What kind of email account do you have? I'd try calling him.
A.C. Basbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:36 PM #3
Striker9

He's been having some personal problems. Take a look here: hXXp://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10696&highlight=punisher
Striker9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:23 AM #4
Pyrate Jim

Haven't tried to reach him lately, but he still posts over on tinkers guild every once in a while.
I think I've been waiting 42 months now on the Crowdbuster project.
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
http://www.paintball-pti.com/
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:27 PM #5
Fireball
PBN Newbie

has been a member for 10 years
From what I hear, he's slowly making progress on his massive backlog (he's not taking new work anymore).

Pyrate, hopefully the CBs are coming up pretty soon in that backlog....I know you boys have been waiting for ages!
Fireball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:54 AM #6
DarkArmorPB
VampiresTasteLikeChicken

DarkArmorPB is a Supporting Member
Are you the one who was trying to sell his "preorder" for the CrowdBuster over on MCB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate Jim View Post
Haven't tried to reach him lately, but he still posts over on tinkers guild every once in a while.
I think I've been waiting 42 months now on the Crowdbuster project.

DAPB
DarkArmorPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:08 PM #7
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
I honestly don't have any hope for those to arrive anymore. Don't know what's going on with that guy, but it seems like if he was working on them, he might get back to folks a bit, at least.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:51 PM #8
Fireball
PBN Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArmorPB View Post
Are you the one who was trying to sell his "preorder" for the CrowdBuster over on MCB?

DAPB
That was RP, not Pyrate.

And Lee may not be the greatest in the communications department, but I know he will always follow through, even if it takes a long time.
Fireball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:31 PM #9
Arcane2600 (Banned)
MSOE Raider

16 months? 42 months?

something tells me you guys shouldn't hold your breath for it anymore. step it up. i don't care if he's personally pregnant, it's not that hard to keep in touch.
Arcane2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:30 PM #10
apunkjunkie

I'm going on 2 years (this month) for my sig series. I knew it would be a while and I'm not going to start bashing him for something custom. Sure its taking longer that I would have liked, but there's no need to be really pissed off. He flat out told a lot of people it would be a while and he has had setbacks:

1. He had to move his shop.
2. He almost cut his finger off.
3. He's been really sick.

The only people that have a right to be mad are the crowd buster people. I have other paintball guns to play with, so when I get my Phantom I'll be ecstatic.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:43 PM #11
OneFeather

Try over on Phog. He always reponds quickly to me. He has only had my gun for about 4 months now. He tells me that I will be able to use it this season, but I am not counting on it. Though it would be a big bonus.
OneFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:23 PM #12
madkiddo115 (Banned)

gl with ur guns guys....i would miss my ion(yes an ion alot of he was doing a custom job on it
madkiddo115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:04 PM #13
DarkArmorPB
VampiresTasteLikeChicken

Wow.

http://www.bunkerboyz.com/phog/showt...6&page=1&pp=10

DAPB
Old 04-13-2007, 11:20 PM #14
plushdragon

plushdragon helped look for balloons
re:

i jusat got incontact with lee about my customer marker. note to users becuase of the spam he got he has some good spam filter and my hotmail email message were not getting to lee.if you email him and nothing happing you may want to send a register letter. do to lack of contact beween me and lee my project was put on the back shelf. so there may be more then one job waiting to go out for anno or back to the owner but without payment or shipping info it might be sitting there.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:43 PM #15
WarHamster
Ablative Pointman

PM's over on PHoG were how I kept in contact with him the whole time he had my marker.

It only took him about 7 months for milling, custom part creation, AND annodizing (and most of that was a delay on the part of the anno shop). I just kept in contact by PMing him every other month for updates & I paid everything promptly. As a result, I was kept informed and had my market back relatively quickly.

As plush has said (with the exception of the crowdbuster folks) I think a large part of the delays with him results from his not getting e-mails, payments, shipping info, or just contact at all from the people he is working with. If you can't get ahold of him through e-mail within a week or two try PHoG's PM system. He usually gets back to me in less than 48 hours on there.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:14 PM #16
infamoussmiley
Infamoussmiley

got his phone number?

Smiley
infamoussmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:35 PM #17
DarkArmorPB
VampiresTasteLikeChicken

Im surprised they didnt delete that thread like they did the other one where he started callin Twinky names and hurling abuse at him for no reason. This statement was also uncalled for. *Sad sighs*

Quote:
I'm going to attempt to revive and build my retail offerings but frankly there's so many losers that'll **** out some piece of crap copy, rectum load after rectum load that it's pretty disheartening to even consider doing that. I had some kid email me recently demanding the difference in cost be refunded him from an undercocking kit her got a couple years back....because of Wevo's cheap crap. How cool is that? Happens a little mroe often than I would have ever conceived.
That is why I no longer post on that site nor will I contribute to it ever again. Playing such obvious favortism sticks in my craw and I wont participate on a site that not only allows it, but by the actions of the moderator staff, condone it. Im sorry guys. But to stand up for someone who is so obviously bitter and hateful is not a good thing. I can respect a man for his work. But I lost all respect I had for him after reading his rants and nasty attacks on others who don't deserve it.

Besides the fact, if I remember correctly, the first run of his undercocking kits all leaked . As far as I know, Wevos are all going strong.

DA.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:51 AM #18
Prairie
DRINK CHEERWINE

Prairie is a Supporting Member
Prairie is a Paintball photographer
It's pretty hilarious watching the slow decline of that guy.

Someone should come up with a legitimate law suit against him. His tactics and attitude is something that makes me vomit.
Prairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:36 PM #19
N2extreme1

Like others I am not going to bash but I have been waiting almost 14months for a project. No pictures or updates have been shown just a " I will have something good for you in a month". It seems like people are getting work but he claims hes not taking on any more work. At what point did he stop taking on this work? I used to get ahold of him by email then he stopped. I have been able to contact him through the tinkerers guild as well but up to the last several months I could only get an ocasional resonse to a pm on PHOG. How many of us out there are waiting for work?
Old 05-06-2007, 07:11 AM #20
plushdragon

plushdragon helped look for balloons
re:

war it been about 2 years for my custom body i wanted to have made by lee.I not going to make this a flame fest but communication with lee at the start of the job was great.sent him some money and parts to start the job and new it would be a while before lee could start. Sent lee an email one year after start of the job and it was just getting off the drawing board due to lee hurting his fingers. in September of 06 posted on his now defunct forum a post on how my custom dits was doing same user name here had about 76 people look at the thread on his board but no replays. After the board went poof i tried emailing lee a few times from both my hotmail and comcast account with no luck. I got a hold of lee three weeks ago when i used my work email account he did send me some photos of the work that was done. my follow up email to lee on what the damages to my wallet were have not be returned. as you can see it looks like the job is done or almost done and i would like to balance the books with lee.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2128652
Old 05-14-2007, 03:45 AM #21
apunkjunkie

Wow you got pictures? Hmm...I might have to try to e-mail him from my work e-mail since Gmail won't get through his spam blockers.

I don't know if you guys saw this post on PHOG:

Quote:
Still here but maybe not for long. I'm not taking new custom work for the forseeable future. I tried guys, I've put everything I have into this, all my money, all my time, all my heart and there's nothing left to give. I've given up time off, weekends, evenings, social events, family gatherings, holidays, vacations, watching TV, going for a hike, dating consistently and a miriad of other things that you all take for granted in your important little lives, for this. I've had to take a job to keep my job open and that's pretty rough on the ol' spirit.

Everyone will get thier stuff, I'm sorry for the delays but there's nothing I can do about it. I love the guys who aren't even involved who jump at the first chance to start a **** storm, it's a need to 'be important' and I understand where that comes from. I really do, but it doesn't make this any easier. Even worse, it's only the few guys who's projects go long or have a beef for one reason or another that you hear from. I've built and shipped out 92 guns and a fair pile of bit and pieces thus far this year, the vast majority of which go to happy guys who send me an email saying how pleased they are...then not a peep. One guys however can start a pissfest with a few simple words because everyone wants to be one of the injured. Nice....

I'm going to attempt to revive and build my retail offerings but frankly there's so many losers that'll **** out some piece of crap copy, rectum load after rectum load that it's pretty disheartening to even consider doing that. I had some kid email me recently demanding the difference in cost be refunded him from an undercocking kit her got a couple years back....because of Wevo's cheap crap. How cool is that? Happens a little mroe often than I would have ever conceived.

After all of this I still can't bring myself to just shut the doors, funny huh?
All of the old guard are gone, I'm it. Yeah Doc's still around but he's selling teeshirts and comics books these days....can't really blame him.

Now I'll address this one only since he's the thread starter:
Smiley, you've already recieved more in dollar value than your deposit by a goodly amount. I've got the last two pieces of raw barrel brass in my posession that are slated to go to you for those side tubes. At that point you'll be approximately $180 AHEAD. Good enough for you?

Anyone else that has stuff here....your **** is coming. This is the last time I'll answer one of these posts, I just don't care anymore, and that stings but it's also kind of a relief. I'm not out yet but it's >< close......
In there he states he's already shipped off 92 guns this year (plus additional parts). I didn't realize he had that much work, or that much work was to be had. That post was from the beginning of April so I'm sure its more now. He must be ignoring PHOG because his last post was 4/23/07.