Searched my butt off, but does anyone know the exact weight of a defiant 2? - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-05-2007, 12:57 PM #1
TokyoRose
Breeder Assassin

Searched my butt off, but does anyone know the exact weight of a defiant 2?

Greetings,

I am trying to get a close friend of mine into paintball with me, her only issue is she has issues with throwing around the weight of most markers in a game. Thus, we are trying to find her a setup that minimizes the weight she will have to hold in her hands. We are exploring a remote kit to a tank with an adjustable regulator so she can use a stock, a lightweight barrel, perhaps a simply revvy or vlocity junoir, ect. Right now we are considering a ULE automag for her, but while they are excelent markers, they are simply expensive. I would rather see in her hands something along the line of a defiant 2, ok maybe its just because I have a thing for d2s.... but hey maybe it will fit her need. So does anyone have the weight, or maybe a scale, and would mind helping a girl out with the exact weight of the gun either with or without the barrel? Maybe even without the regulator?

Thanks boys, happy shooting.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2007, 02:32 PM #2
MVpaintball

MVpaintball is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
MVpaintball has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1159794

right in the stickies, 7th line down in the FAQ section

BTW, dont get a remote line setup, just use a 45/45 or 70/45, its light enough. and look for a (used?) stiffi for a barrel. CP direct mounts are a good choice for ASA's. Ions are pretty light(shameless plug for gun in sig)

Up'd Black EGO7, Up'd Ion & Up'd D2 FST

"... how can you sleep, if you're high on crack? Chinese riddle for you!" Tyrone Biggums
Old 03-06-2007, 05:05 PM #3
blaster44

In FAQ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swantonbomboy
How much does it weigh?
-The Defiant 2 weighs in at just over 2 lbs. With the barrel and regulator. A Ripper 2 weighs 2.088 pounds without the barrel.
EDIT: I have found the Defiant 2 weighs in at only 1 pound 13 oz. without the barrel.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:48 PM #4
paintkin

http://store.boblongdirect.com/index...&categoryID=75

hear it says 2lbs 1 oz.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:03 PM #5
TokyoRose
Breeder Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVpaintball View Post
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1159794

right in the stickies, 7th line down in the FAQ section

BTW, dont get a remote line setup, just use a 45/45 or 70/45, its light enough. and look for a (used?) stiffi for a barrel. CP direct mounts are a good choice for ASA's. Ions are pretty light(shameless plug for gun in sig)
I read the stickes a while ago and totally forgot it was there I am more curious why it did not show up in the search...

As far as the remote line, your preaching to the choir I use an on gun setup with a steel tank on my nerve and the weight doesnt bother met at all. Hell, I used to shoot a force 5 autococker with a 114ci tank. I even used a shoebox shocker with a 114 carbon filled with c02 for a couple of days. This marker is not for me however. I know that all of the kiddies on here love to do what the pros do, love to quote dynasty dysected on proper marker setup, ect, but frankly whatever gets people out there playing and enjoying themselves is what is important to me.

Not to mention the fact that professional paintball is played in a very static manner, and not all people use the same tactics, methods, have the same sort of oponets, goals, or the same quantity of paint.

As for the Ion, I love those markers. Personally I like the defiant 2s more, but I would shoot either one any day of the week.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:28 AM #6
MVpaintball

MVpaintball is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
MVpaintball has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoRose View Post
I read the stickes a while ago and totally forgot it was there I am more curious why it did not show up in the search...

As far as the remote line, your preaching to the choir I use an on gun setup with a steel tank on my nerve and the weight doesnt bother met at all. Hell, I used to shoot a force 5 autococker with a 114ci tank. I even used a shoebox shocker with a 114 carbon filled with c02 for a couple of days. This marker is not for me however. I know that all of the kiddies on here love to do what the pros do, love to quote dynasty dysected on proper marker setup, ect, but frankly whatever gets people out there playing and enjoying themselves is what is important to me.

Not to mention the fact that professional paintball is played in a very static manner, and not all people use the same tactics, methods, have the same sort of oponets, goals, or the same quantity of paint.

As for the Ion, I love those markers. Personally I like the defiant 2s more, but I would shoot either one any day of the week.
Um...you welcome?? If your calling me one of the "kiddies", you're wrong. I could post old PB/battle stories too, but it doesnt help answer your question.
I know that the gear isnt meant for you, you said that in the first post.
I feel that a little girl can handle a 45/45 easy enough, plus you can "shoulder" it. Also, most packs that have tank holders arent really that comfy and the tank bounces around pretty good when running.
After holding my ion & D2 side-by-side, I feel that the D2 is the better choice for strictly size reasons, but the ion has less kick. I also have the grip panels off of mine, which would help for smaller hands.

I think I would get the D2 for her because:
they are both about the same price used
not as many people have D2s compared to Ions
I feel that the maintenance on a D2 is easier than an Ion(except mabye a stage5 body)
Probably a bit better efficiency
seeing the bolt move everytime you shoot is cool

Up'd Black EGO7, Up'd Ion & Up'd D2 FST

"... how can you sleep, if you're high on crack? Chinese riddle for you!" Tyrone Biggums