Swarm's 3-man Rookie Cash Tournament, NORTH GEORGIA - Page 2 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-01-2007, 06:36 PM #22
rebel003
BURNER
 
rebel003's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rome Georgia
 has been a member for 10 years
first of all we leased the field for our tournament. Big Daddy Sportz did not run the tournament or ref the event!
one of your teams were doing good and the other ok, they walked on the field in place of another team and played. it was my fault you played, i should have cought it before the game started but i did not! it was not the team you were scheduled to play so you had to play 1 more game against the team you were scheduled to play. your team lost oh well, that happens even to the best of teams from time to time.
as far as the 200 dollar building you mentioned; it may be a pro shop where you come from but here thats called a storage shed. big daddy sportz pro shop in in town not at the field.
bad calls, we are players not ref's. we couldn't afford pro refs for a rookie tournament. i'm sure we missed some calls but we ran a fair tournament. you say we were favoring a certain team, we the team in question did come in third. if we wanted that team to win they would have, however i pulled one of the player for having his barrell not touching the net. no one else there was watching so haw is that playing for the home team?
i have no hard feeling for you and your teams, i hope yall have luck in the future events you play, but to come on here and tell lies and call other people cheaters because you lost is just wrong.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st.AsSAsSIN View Post
I would like to voice our experiance from this tourney, just so everyone knows how things are done at "Big Daddys Paintball". Well Damage enterd 2 teams into this unorginized spectical they called a tournament. Theres so many things to mention that my brain is numb trying grasp it all. 1st well go over the biggest **** up in our history of competative play. It goes like this...BDP(Big daddys paintball) was running a 5 game per team prelims. Our Damage Inc."Black" team was royally shafted due to 4th game "that they WON 95to5" was played out of sequence so therefor BDP completly disregarded that game but not before they misplaced there score card for there 5th game...So it comes to this Damage Inc."black" had to play a total of 7 prelim games, for which the last 3 were back to back in the heat of the day. This compiled with questionable calls from the refs, cause you know these refs and teams we were battling are all BDP teams. Damage "Black" didnt make it to semi's. I mean you can expect a home team to get some favorible calls but this stuff was insane. Deflating bunkers, malicious intent rule not being inforced, teams coaches screaming positions as if it were xball with no penalty, playing on rules being waved for BDP teams..
We also had some insane things happen to the Damage Inc. "Pink" team. Pink made it into finals but not without just as much incompatence on BDP's part.
Our teams took on a 3 1/2hour drive to visit a field that was in horrible condition. Like bunkers that stayed inflated for all of 2mins, a proshop that can be bought in home depot parking lot for $200, & the most unorganized staff thats ever graced the sport of paintball.
So in conclusion if you get the chance to play or god forbid play a tournament at Big Daddys Paintball, Shot yourself in the eyeball with your marker..That will be more enjoyable


P.S. Big Daddys congrates on manipulating the game to keep you prize money at your own feild and making the sport just a little more corupt and twisted for us!!! Eat Me Boys
Damage Inc.
__________________
ALAN
team SWARM www.freewebs.com/swarmpaintball
sponsored by: BIG DADDY SPORTZ
(706) 235-1413
rebel003 is offline  
Old 05-01-2007, 07:38 PM #23
EvilDragonX
 
 
EvilDragonX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: S.C
Swarm was the guys in the red dye jersey's correct? The comments were not directed at them. What was stated was our account of what happened. We did see blatant cheating, and there was in fact someone coaching from the sidelines, yet nothing was done even when it was brought to the attention of the head ref. Also is not DGK sponsered by BDP out of cartersville?
__________________
Black 06 Ego
PSN ID: EvlDrgnX
Team Damage Inc.
www.damageincpaintball.com
http://www.myspace.com/evldrgnx
EvilDragonX is offline  
Old 05-01-2007, 07:48 PM #24
CrazyPimp05
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragonX View Post
Swarm was the guys in the red dye jersey's correct? The comments were not directed at them. What was stated was our account of what happened. We did see blatant cheating, and there was in fact someone coaching from the sidelines, yet nothing was done even when it was brought to the attention of the head ref. Also is not DGK sponsered by BDP out of cartersville?
how were the comments not directed at us? the other guy clearly stated "the refs" which was us....and if i remember correctly...which i might not be sayin this took place what...3 weeks ago? i remember pulling a player and a penalty on a "BDP" sponsored team during one of your teams games...im sorry your team felt "shafted" but we arnt cfoa refs, or nppl refs, or psp refs....and definatly not gods. we are HUMANS, humans make mistakes. do you have bad calls called on you at cfoas? if so...do you get on and cry about everything there?

dont get me wrong...i like your team since i played your team at laurens hope last december...but i find this sad...if you had complaints, why didnt you come to us at the field? once again, im sorry that you feel shafted. your team wasnt the only people out in the sun being burned alive the whole day..and yet you complain about playing "one extra game". i cant comment on the person on the sideline coaching, i was at the opposite side of the field and didnt a hear anyone yelling anything. perhaps someone else can enlighten this

meh, im done.

final question: what tournament have you been to that every call hasnt gone your way?
__________________
[center] John
Free Agent!
CrazyPimp05 is offline  
Old 05-01-2007, 08:10 PM #25
rebel003
BURNER
 
rebel003's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rome Georgia
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragonX View Post
Swarm was the guys in the red dye jersey's correct? The comments were not directed at them. What was stated was our account of what happened. We did see blatant cheating, and there was in fact someone coaching from the sidelines, yet nothing was done even when it was brought to the attention of the head ref. Also is not DGK sponsered by BDP out of cartersville?
Dismantled were the ones in the red DYE jerseys. They are good friends of ours; they played good and did not win. If I would have been favoring a team it would have been theirs! Swarm players were the refs. We had no teams or players in the event, and big daddy’s sports were not running the event.
It was the guys who you said was talking that I pulled his son for leaving early. Last time we ref a tournament we pulled their whole team in 30 seconds for several reasons.
After you told me about this myself or another ref was near him when he was near the net, if I didn't hear him talking thru the net how could I call a penalty against a team? There is no way we favored any team there.
Yes DGK is sponsored by another BDS store in another town, they play beginner CFOA. Half the teams there were in some way sponsored by BDS otherwise we would have had to call it off.
We are trying to increase the player base there, helping existing players or teams would be counter productive to that. Local tournaments are getting harder and harder to put on with all the series being played everywhere, very few are willing to participate.
Again I’m sorry you feel cheated, but BDS had absolutely no role in the outcome of the event. If it makes your team feel better then flame our team all you want but leave BDS out of it.
Hopefully BDS will run an even better event than ours, their players that will be reffing have a great deal more experience than some our players.
__________________
ALAN
team SWARM www.freewebs.com/swarmpaintball
sponsored by: BIG DADDY SPORTZ
(706) 235-1413
rebel003 is offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 07:00 AM #26
1st.AsSAsSIN
Ego Fanatic!!!
 
1st.AsSAsSIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seneca S.C.
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwy11 View Post
I hope that wasn't a serious response. I understand that you feel some patriotic duty to defend your homeland, however I must deduce that you either don't know what happened to the fullest extent or are simply attempting to ensure the success of future Swarm sponsored tourneys by denying realities, instead of what most would consider more responsible and admitting to shortcomings and promising better for the future.

Let me first assure you that this team is well acquainted with the nature of the sport and the ensuing possibilities that often arise. There are to be expected several less than desirable circumstances that any participant must be willing to deal with and move on from without serious objection. The most obvious of course being the occasional "bad" call on the field by a ref. This is not the problem we faced. I actually laud kudos to the field refs for what I observed as a reasonably well done job, especially with what I can only assume to be little if any training for the job as is the case with almost all independent tourneys.

The insinuation that our team is unwilling to accept defeat at the hands of a more skilled or lucky team (whatever the case happens to be) is completely without merit. We have had our proverbial ***** handed to us on several occasions and appreciate the learning experiences. We have also been middle of the road and atop the podium. Where we finish based on the outcome of competition on the field is simply not an issue.

Here is the issue: One of our teams was quite close if not atop the points when they fell victim to what appears to be a clerical organizational error. Having to play 2 extra games (not only 1 that you asserted) is a problem especially when they were held at the end of the preliminary rounds and in immediate succession resulting in a total of 7 games played; The last 3 of which were consecutive. It should never be the fault nor the responsibility of the victim of such circumstance to rectify the situation by going above and beyond the call of the requirements placed upon all other participants. The management of the tournament should have simply counted the points for the completed game (correct competitors or not) toward the sum total for the team.

The second equally frustrating occurrence was the unwillingness of the powers that be (head ref or whomever) to rule against one of the "home" teams on a blatant sideline coaching infraction; that if correctly penalized would have more than made the difference for our second team to participate in the finals. We may have still been unable to win anything which is fine, but not getting the shot because someone else is simply unwilling to make the hard call is a shame. Whether you or another on-field ref heard it, (I'm pretty sure you were at least 50ft away, so of course you didn't) is irrelevant because it wasn't even a question as to whether it happened ( you know what I'm referring to about who did hear it). It was just an unwillingness to do the right thing. You know on any given Saturday I could give a care less if similar things happened, but when 2 teams drive 3.5 hours and pay an entry fee to an event and somehow get this result, it is incredibly disappointing.

I am a field owner and I know it is difficult and frustrating to operate a tournament logistically, but simply doing the right thing when you are responsible for someone else's money............
__________________
XSV Fanclub #1415 / Thomas Taylor Fanclub #333 / Rich Telford Fanclub #66 <-XSV OT->
Damage Inc. / Captain, Mid-man, & Team A-Hole
MY FEEDBACK ///New Jersys, Ego Boards, Hoppers, and other stuff\\\
www.DamageIncPaintball.com
1st.AsSAsSIN is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 04:06 PM #27
allout2
unsung zero
 
allout2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: GA
allout2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
allout2 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
allout2 is attending Decay of Nations VI
allout2 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragonX View Post
Swarm was the guys in the red dye jersey's correct? The comments were not directed at them. What was stated was our account of what happened. We did see blatant cheating, and there was in fact someone coaching from the sidelines, yet nothing was done even when it was brought to the attention of the head ref. Also is not DGK sponsered by BDP out of cartersville?
I was on the sideline the whole day including the finals (I was wearing the white hurley hat) and there was not any, and I mean ANY, sideline coaching. If you want to find a reason to cry and complain that is fine. The reffing did the best that they could. There may have been a problem with organization, but everyone does that on one time or another. About the proshop being in a $200 building, that is a field shack. we keep bunkers, rentals, and such in there. The proshop is located in a shopping center in Rome on Shorter Ave., You guys weren't the only who think they were, "shafted." They came and talked to the refs about it and got everything straightened out the best that they could. DGK, the cartersville team that won, had penalties called on them, it isn't like any teams got special treatment. I stand behind Alan, and the rest of swarm in the decisions that they made. So, with that being said, get over it.

Last edited by allout2 : 05-11-2007 at 04:12 PM.
allout2 is offline  
Old 05-11-2007, 06:45 PM #28
1st.AsSAsSIN
Ego Fanatic!!!
 
1st.AsSAsSIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seneca S.C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allout2 View Post
I was on the sideline the whole day including the finals (I was wearing the white hurley hat) and there was not any, and I mean ANY, sideline coaching.
hmm funny the head guys wife that was sitting on the sidelines was complaining with us. I guess your whole rebutal has NO value what so ever. No sweet off my back, we could have brought big daddys loads of buisness only if they would admitted there mistakes vs. shafting "the out of town guys". Believe me i dont loose sleep at night knowing we have atleast minimized the chance of good turn-outs for your pathetic tournaments.
__________________
XSV Fanclub #1415 / Thomas Taylor Fanclub #333 / Rich Telford Fanclub #66 <-XSV OT->
Damage Inc. / Captain, Mid-man, & Team A-Hole
MY FEEDBACK ///New Jersys, Ego Boards, Hoppers, and other stuff\\\
www.DamageIncPaintball.com
1st.AsSAsSIN is offline  
Old 05-12-2007, 08:17 AM #29
allout2
unsung zero
 
allout2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: GA
allout2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
allout2 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
allout2 is attending Decay of Nations VI
allout2 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st.AsSAsSIN View Post
hmm funny the head guys wife that was sitting on the sidelines was complaining with us. I guess your whole rebutal has NO value what so ever. No sweet off my back, we could have brought big daddys loads of buisness only if they would admitted there mistakes vs. shafting "the out of town guys". Believe me i dont loose sleep at night knowing we have atleast minimized the chance of good turn-outs for your pathetic tournaments.
ok, which game was sideline reffing going on then? I could care less if you come back because all that I heard was that you *****ed and moaned the whole day almost. If our tournaments are so pathetic, why did you play in it? After I saw who showed up I knew who would probably win it, not because of a home field advantage, but of sheer talent level there. There were lots of good players out there and you saying that your team was cheated in your opinion is pathetic, just like when you said you weren't going to come back, I could care less if you do. I do not play for swarm, but I defend the calls that they made during the day. I'm going to quit talking from here on out because nothing is going to get resolved by fighting.

Last edited by allout2 : 05-12-2007 at 12:23 PM.
allout2 is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump