PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-27-2010, 08:55 AM #1
Chuckasaurus
Giggity

Chuckasaurus plays in the APPA D4 division
Daniel Leu has left Dangerous Power

Daniel Leu has resigned from his position as GM of Dangerous Power.

In conversations with me over the past several months, he has expressed his growing concerns over the quality of customer service that DP owners were receiving. Daniel's uncle founded DP, and Daniel was committed to making DP one of the premier paintball gun manufacturers in the industry, with customer service that was second to none.

As many of us well know, since new ownership took control of DP, there have been some serious issues with the quality of customer service. The new management was content to produce markers without regard to input and concerns from us, the end user. This was unacceptable to someone who has been with DP from the beginning, and was committed to ensuring that everyone who bought a DP marker was getting the best product possible, at the best price possible.

For more reasons than can be discussed here, Daniel Leu has felt it necessary to leave Dangerous Power. This is a sad day for us Dangerous Power enthusiasts, but it is not the end of Dangerous Power as a company, and Dangerous Power products are going to continue to be designed and produced.

And I’m going to be right here on these boards doing everything I can to help a Dangerous Power owner who needs help with his marker.

As far as Daniel, I expect him to continue to be involved in paintball. Personally, I believe we are going to see Daniel behind the production of some great new products for us paintballers.

I wish Daniel the best in whatever he does next.

Last edited by Chuckasaurus : 02-27-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Chuckasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2010, 09:20 AM #2
Ninja-Duck
I am the liquor

Ninja-Duck supports Bob Gurnsey
That's a shame. Good luck to Daniel in his future endeavors.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:34 AM #3
Snake2715

has been a member for 10 years
This is so weird I have not ever seen a group of fans act like this except for maybe with Nintendo as a company.

I am confused by this statement Chuck:

Quote:
The new management was content to produce markers without regard to input and concerns from us, the end user.

I find that confusing as they went as far as asking for input on the marker on their home page?

Can you elaborate as to what this means, or if it was a mis read?
>Ice White G3
DP Fusion Green LE #31/50

LOOK HERE ///RAPS REBUILD THREAD\\\
Snake2715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:40 AM #4
rottensquad07
Peter Griffin = HERO

So basically Amazone is content on running the Dangerous Power name into the ground. I wonder if the Amazone guys were the same guys who used to produce markers for Dragun and Odyssey?
rottensquad07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:46 AM #5
Chuckasaurus
Giggity

Chuckasaurus plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake2715 View Post
This is so weird I have not ever seen a group of fans act like this except for maybe with Nintendo as a company.

I am confused by this statement Chuck:

I find that confusing as they went as far as asking for input on the marker on their home page?

Can you elaborate as to what this means, or if it was a mis read?

You read something on DP's website. Do you know who posted that? Do you know if the person who posted that, may have forwarded that information to the new management, only to have that information ignored?

There's more going on than everyone knows about. Much more.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:58 AM #6
seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
seriouslysilly posts videos on PbNation
seriouslysilly has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Wow, what a blow to DP.

I pray Daniel will find another door that was as fulfilling as this last one.
seriouslysilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:21 AM #7
satanskaterx
unholy confessions

satanskaterx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Good luck daniel we all appreciate what you have done so far. We all know that we will see you behind some great new stuff in the next coming years.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:58 AM #8
swedishfishh

swedishfishh posts videos on PbNation
swedishfishh plays in the APPA D4 division
if only i could ban people....

sadly, u r correct tho

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life
swedishfishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:13 AM #9
Lucky4143
Jason Vitalich Fan #1

Lucky4143 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Looking forward to what daniel has coming..producing wise..he was always nice to me heh.

..but i had a feeling something like this was going to happen at one point or another.

Edit: I was kinda looking forward to getting an fx, my friends who have been testing them have had nothing but good things to say about them.

Last edited by Lucky4143 : 02-27-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Lucky4143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:26 AM #10
xxdeadshotxx

xxdeadshotxx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xxdeadshotxx supports Team VICIOUS
xxdeadshotxx is for the Gunfight
xxdeadshotxx supports DLX Technology
I love my g3 to death. I hope the FX can pull this company out of its current situation. If not I may have to make the switch to PE or Dye.
xxdeadshotxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:40 AM #11
ryguy272
CANADA FTW !!

i have and ego 9 and a g3 so i do support the DP line of markers , but this really sucks. I hate to say it but this may be the end of DP.............
Old 02-27-2010, 11:42 AM #12
Capt'n Morgan
Registered Offender

I once was a very happy dangerous power owner, thinking that based on how much I love my F8, I'd always buy from DP. CS is a big reason I bought DP; a year ago they were up there with Tippmann in my mind.

I phoned just for some o-rings a few weeks back, and have not seen any mail since.

I think, if these guys can't pull their heads out of their *****, my next gun with be a vice or something of the sort. No disrespect intended to a few left in CS who really care, and are active on these forums.
Paintball is a sport that is it's own worst enemy. From gun owners ruining the average first timer with a Shocker to some yahoo shooting up his neighbours house with a BE Talon. If you want paintball not to be limited by bad reputation and government, then speak up for YOUR sport or YOU may not have one oneday to play.
Capt'n Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:45 PM #13
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
well this sucks

i cant say im going to buy the fx for sure anymore

im going to wait this out and see how it plays out
MacDev Clone GTi
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:14 PM #14
Brian Rodela

An absolute shame. Regardless of the decisions made by DP, there are those who will be there for those who need assistance with their markers. It's far more important to keep the players playing with what they can afford to play with than become an elitist sport that will eventually go away due to that very same attitude.

Daniel, feel free to give me a call and see you at the next practice; your always invited at the Ranch.

Brian
Old 02-27-2010, 01:36 PM #15
DPServiceBrad
Service with Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt'n Morgan View Post
I once was a very happy dangerous power owner, thinking that based on how much I love my F8, I'd always buy from DP. CS is a big reason I bought DP; a year ago they were up there with Tippmann in my mind.

I phoned just for some o-rings a few weeks back, and have not seen any mail since.

I think, if these guys can't pull their heads out of their *****, my next gun with be a vice or something of the sort. No disrespect intended to a few left in CS who really care, and are active on these forums.
Sadly, this post sums up everything. From all that I have gathered, DP is definitely no longer what it once was- and it's a shame. Bad management = bad business. I sure miss the old days!

I've always known that Daniel puts his blood, sweat, and tears into DP. For him to leave is as others put it, the beginning of the end.
M-F, 10AM to 5PM PST
When in doubt call us first!

Last edited by DPServiceBrad : 02-27-2010 at 01:40 PM.
DPServiceBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:55 PM #16
rottensquad07
Peter Griffin = HERO

Brad is it really you? Holy cow how have you been?

Sadly this may be the last little "push" I need to sell my DP gear and begin supporting a more "healthy" company. I dont want to be stuck with these DP markers should DP go out of business and not be able to get spare parts if needed. Too bad though because I love these markers of mine.
rottensquad07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:01 PM #17
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by rottensquad07 View Post
Brad is it really you? Holy cow how have you been?

Sadly this may be the last little "push" I need to sell my DP gear and begin supporting a more "healthy" company. I dont want to be stuck with these DP markers should DP go out of business and not be able to get spare parts if needed. Too bad though because I love these markers of mine.
im in the same boat as you
MacDev Clone GTi
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:13 PM #18
disturbed989
gun whore addict

Annual Supporting Member
disturbed989 supports Team VICIOUS
disturbed989 supports Bob Gurnsey
disturbed989 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
disturbed989 is Boss
disturbed989 supports DLX Technology
Holy ****?!?!? Brad is that really you!?!?

Anyways this is a shame. I have supported dp for a long time now and I will continue to support them until there is nothing left to support. I just hope the owners pull their heads out of their ***** and realize that it's not enough to just make a good product, that you have to back it up with customer service too.
disturbed989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:39 PM #19
L_x
Alex Hodge

L_x works for a Paintball manufacturer
Wow... With Daniel and Tommy gone... Things arn't looking good.

DP was the company it was because of these two - Tommy is really unhappy with what DP has become as it was "his baby" that he put alot of work into.

Alex Hodge | Freelance Industrial Designer
Facebook
Portfolio
Youtube

Any posts I make are from myself as an individual and do not represent the views of the companies I design for.

Last edited by L_x : 02-27-2010 at 07:15 PM.
L_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:17 PM #20
Darkh2o
DPOTer since 2007

wow! Daniel is gone! holy ****!

Good luck Daniel!

I'm not Old, everyone else is "New".
Darkh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:29 PM #21
DPServiceKip
Official DP CS Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_x View Post
Wow... With Daniel and Tommy gone... Things arn't looking good.

DP was the company it was because of these two - Tommy is really unhappy with what DP has become as it was "his baby" that he put alot of work into.

These guys should get together and create a company that is what DP *used* to be...
I completely agree!

The DP complaint thread that I created was a last PUSH to get everyone squared away, that Daniel and Dallas were able to. Everyone in the office has felt the strain of wanting to do everything they can as quickly as they can to satisfy the end users.

Unfortunately as Chuck said
Quote:
The new management was content to produce markers without regard to input and concerns from us, the end user.
This is where the mindset is with the upper management. They WILL produce outstanding markers in the future. The ideas and markers that I've heard about are very exciting. Although, I believe they will be created at a significant cost, CS.
Don't Freak Out! DP isn't going out of business. The engineers and designers are all still the same people that brought you all of the markers that we all love. They have great markers on the horizon!

Daniel will continue to be involved in paintball, but not with DP.
Everyone else in the office, will continue to uphold DP's commitment to CS, but will have the same binding that Daniel disregarded for this past month+. It's one of the main reasons why so many things got fixed, so quickly. He didn't do it single handedly. Everyone in the office pulled together and did what needed to be done. I would like to be able to assure you that the level of CS will remain high, but with the rules that management is pushing, DP's CS isn't going to be as it once was.

Kip
Web site - http://www.dangerouspower.com
Email - service@dangerouspower.com
Click to contact us through our website - Contact Us
DPServiceKip is offline   Reply With Quote