PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-31-2010, 11:59 PM #1
Noah Kai
virgin death

Noah Kai owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FX Stripped Screw

Ok, so maybe I'm a total moron, but I find the ram cap screw to be really hard to turn with the allen. I'm using the right size (5/32) and it looks like it might have ****ed up and stripped the screw. Will it be easy to get a replacement? Sorry for all the newb worries.
Noah Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2010, 12:02 AM #2
marcusgar21

contact DP tomo and see if they have the part in stock, they should, then see how much it is. just make sure your turning it the right way to get it out

YETIPB.com
For Custom Delrin Triggers PM Me...

Sponsored by: DP, CP, TechT, ANSGear.com
marcusgar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:07 AM #3
Noah Kai
virgin death

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusgar21 View Post
contact DP tomo and see if they have the part in stock, they should, then see how much it is. just make sure your turning it the right way to get it out
yeah, that's kinda what i thought. do you have any idea how much the part should end up costing?
Old 09-01-2010, 12:10 AM #4
marcusgar21

if i had to guess i wouldnt say more than 20-25

YETIPB.com
For Custom Delrin Triggers PM Me...

Sponsored by: DP, CP, TechT, ANSGear.com
marcusgar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:16 AM #5
mtnclimber

So what do you mean hard to turn. The threads are very coarse so double thread is not possible. Looking at the back of the marker turning the back cap clockwise well tighten the cap. Turning it counter clockwise well loosen it.
the cap only needs to be finger tight using an allen wrench is not necessary. take a picture of it. let me see what the problem is.
mtnclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:44 AM #6
Noah Kai
virgin death

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnclimber View Post
So what do you mean hard to turn. The threads are very coarse so double thread is not possible. Looking at the back of the marker turning the back cap clockwise well tighten the cap. Turning it counter clockwise well loosen it.
the cap only needs to be finger tight using an allen wrench is not necessary. take a picture of it. let me see what the problem is.
well, the allen doesn't seem to go very deep into the screw. and, when i line it up, the allen turns but the screw doesn't. not in either direction. i basically unscrewed it, perhaps too hastily, lubed it up and put it back on. there appears to be a little damage to the inside of the screw. sorry for the low res image... iphone camera.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:03 AM #7
mtnclimber

Yea, the hole is only a 1/4 inch deep. You might be able to go to your local hardware store and buy a rubber strap wrench. Ace hardware sells them for five bucks for two. You might try this method. In the picture you can stiil make out the allen out line. Don't try to turn clockwise it well only tighen it more. Just go counter clockwise.
mtnclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:10 AM #8
Noah Kai
virgin death

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnclimber View Post
Yea, the hole is only a 1/4 inch deep. You might be able to go to your local hardware store and buy a rubber strap wrench. Ace hardware sells them for five bucks for two. You might try this method. In the picture you can stiil make out the allen out line. Don't try to turn clockwise it well only tighen it more. Just go counter clockwise.
So just use the wrench to get the screw off and on instead of an allen key? I have to go to the local paintball shop tomorrow anyway, so I'm hoping the guys there will have the touch and be able to get the thing off and back on, tightening it looser than I did. You say it only needs to be finger tight? If that's the case and I can get the screw off, I don't need a replacement. Plus, this only becomes an issue when I have to clean it next and that shouldn't be a for a couple weeks. Obviously I'd love to clean it after every time I play, and so far I have, but I don't put that much paint through it just yet so it should be okay for a while. I shoot maybe 2 hoppers one day a week at this point.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:03 AM #9
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Kai View Post
So just use the wrench to get the screw off and on instead of an allen key? I have to go to the local paintball shop tomorrow anyway, so I'm hoping the guys there will have the touch and be able to get the thing off and back on, tightening it looser than I did. You say it only needs to be finger tight? If that's the case and I can get the screw off, I don't need a replacement. Plus, this only becomes an issue when I have to clean it next and that shouldn't be a for a couple weeks. Obviously I'd love to clean it after every time I play, and so far I have, but I don't put that much paint through it just yet so it should be okay for a while. I shoot maybe 2 hoppers one day a week at this point.
are you 100% sure your using the right size allen key?

And hes right, it only needs to be finger tight.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote