Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2010, 11:59 PM #1
Noah Kai
virgin death
 
Noah Kai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Medford, NJ
Noah Kai owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FX Stripped Screw

Ok, so maybe I'm a total moron, but I find the ram cap screw to be really hard to turn with the allen. I'm using the right size (5/32) and it looks like it might have ****ed up and stripped the screw. Will it be easy to get a replacement? Sorry for all the newb worries.
Noah Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2010, 12:02 AM #2
marcusgar21
 
 
marcusgar21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: /\/\/\/\/\
contact DP tomo and see if they have the part in stock, they should, then see how much it is. just make sure your turning it the right way to get it out
__________________
Team Remedy
DP THRESHOLD,
"Originally posted by shutts67: I came in am scoffed at your price. Then, I caw your picture. I apologize for the scoffing."

YETIPB.com
For Custom Delrin Triggers PM Me...

Sponsored by: DP, CP, TechT, ANSGear.com
marcusgar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:07 AM #3
Noah Kai
virgin death
 
Noah Kai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Medford, NJ
Noah Kai owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusgar21 View Post
contact DP tomo and see if they have the part in stock, they should, then see how much it is. just make sure your turning it the right way to get it out
yeah, that's kinda what i thought. do you have any idea how much the part should end up costing?
Noah Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:10 AM #4
marcusgar21
 
 
marcusgar21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: /\/\/\/\/\
if i had to guess i wouldnt say more than 20-25
__________________
Team Remedy
DP THRESHOLD,
"Originally posted by shutts67: I came in am scoffed at your price. Then, I caw your picture. I apologize for the scoffing."

YETIPB.com
For Custom Delrin Triggers PM Me...

Sponsored by: DP, CP, TechT, ANSGear.com
marcusgar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:16 AM #5
mtnclimber
 
 
mtnclimber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Jackson,WY
So what do you mean hard to turn. The threads are very coarse so double thread is not possible. Looking at the back of the marker turning the back cap clockwise well tighten the cap. Turning it counter clockwise well loosen it.
the cap only needs to be finger tight using an allen wrench is not necessary. take a picture of it. let me see what the problem is.
__________________
www.teamsupressor.com
Proudly sponsored by: Bud Lite Lime, Coca-cola, DP, A.P.E., Hammerhead.
DP Technician
mtnclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:44 AM #6
Noah Kai
virgin death
 
Noah Kai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Medford, NJ
Noah Kai owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnclimber View Post
So what do you mean hard to turn. The threads are very coarse so double thread is not possible. Looking at the back of the marker turning the back cap clockwise well tighten the cap. Turning it counter clockwise well loosen it.
the cap only needs to be finger tight using an allen wrench is not necessary. take a picture of it. let me see what the problem is.
well, the allen doesn't seem to go very deep into the screw. and, when i line it up, the allen turns but the screw doesn't. not in either direction. i basically unscrewed it, perhaps too hastily, lubed it up and put it back on. there appears to be a little damage to the inside of the screw. sorry for the low res image... iphone camera.

Noah Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:03 AM #7
mtnclimber
 
 
mtnclimber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Jackson,WY
Yea, the hole is only a 1/4 inch deep. You might be able to go to your local hardware store and buy a rubber strap wrench. Ace hardware sells them for five bucks for two. You might try this method. In the picture you can stiil make out the allen out line. Don't try to turn clockwise it well only tighen it more. Just go counter clockwise.
__________________
www.teamsupressor.com
Proudly sponsored by: Bud Lite Lime, Coca-cola, DP, A.P.E., Hammerhead.
DP Technician
mtnclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:10 AM #8
Noah Kai
virgin death
 
Noah Kai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Medford, NJ
Noah Kai owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnclimber View Post
Yea, the hole is only a 1/4 inch deep. You might be able to go to your local hardware store and buy a rubber strap wrench. Ace hardware sells them for five bucks for two. You might try this method. In the picture you can stiil make out the allen out line. Don't try to turn clockwise it well only tighen it more. Just go counter clockwise.
So just use the wrench to get the screw off and on instead of an allen key? I have to go to the local paintball shop tomorrow anyway, so I'm hoping the guys there will have the touch and be able to get the thing off and back on, tightening it looser than I did. You say it only needs to be finger tight? If that's the case and I can get the screw off, I don't need a replacement. Plus, this only becomes an issue when I have to clean it next and that shouldn't be a for a couple weeks. Obviously I'd love to clean it after every time I play, and so far I have, but I don't put that much paint through it just yet so it should be okay for a while. I shoot maybe 2 hoppers one day a week at this point.
Noah Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:03 AM #9
firefoxx04
Up the Irons
 
firefoxx04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Kai View Post
So just use the wrench to get the screw off and on instead of an allen key? I have to go to the local paintball shop tomorrow anyway, so I'm hoping the guys there will have the touch and be able to get the thing off and back on, tightening it looser than I did. You say it only needs to be finger tight? If that's the case and I can get the screw off, I don't need a replacement. Plus, this only becomes an issue when I have to clean it next and that shouldn't be a for a couple weeks. Obviously I'd love to clean it after every time I play, and so far I have, but I don't put that much paint through it just yet so it should be okay for a while. I shoot maybe 2 hoppers one day a week at this point.
are you 100% sure your using the right size allen key?

And hes right, it only needs to be finger tight.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump