Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-13-2001, 04:47 PM #1
RONIN 23
PBX Paintball

has been a member for 10 years
Question Who's Playing @ Roughneck This Sunday

Due to the current domestic state of affairs, I'd like to know exactly who will be playing this weekend.

I'm seriously considering volunteering this weekend to assist the rescue effort in anyway possible.

Tez, will you consider rescheduling....hey if the NFL can do it, why not?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2001, 11:24 AM #2
Team SG

Reffing

RONIN,

We are going to be reffing this event.

I don't blame you for wanting to assist with rescue efforts. It hasn't been easy for anyone to watch without trying to help in some way.

Vince
Team SG's
Old 09-15-2001, 02:51 PM #3
RONIN 23
PBX Paintball

Are we the only ones?......

I spoke to Tez about possibly rescheduling this weekend's event due to our current state of affairs.

My team is still in mathematical contention in the league and I am torn between remaining faithful to my competitive nature and my heart's yearning to do the right thing and help OUR COUNTRY in whatever way we can.

It is my OPINION, going forward with this weekend's tourney is inappropriate and it saddens me that no one else has raised this issue with Tez. He states that no one stated a desire to postpone and reschedule the event. If this is true, then I'm at a loss for words.

As of now, I'm on the record in saying that if the event is not postponed and my team MUST be there to in order to remain in contention for the league title, then we WILL be there.

But if Team PBX wasn't the ONLY team to voice this opinion, then we must all examine why in the name of God and country is this weekend's event not being rescheduled!
Old 09-17-2001, 04:09 PM #4
IanR
Shoot.Kill.Win.

well there are things you can do without physically being in groundzero new york
you can donate blood,money,food,etc to the red cross/salvation army.and dont worry about one day there will still be things for you to do next wekend or whatever.i am not trying to be insensetive or anything because i know people who are still mising but we have to move on as a country to show that they havent destroyed american moral or turned us into chaos.goodluck with whatever you do

later

Slowly getting back into paintball...
Old 09-18-2001, 12:27 PM #5
RONIN 23
PBX Paintball

You have a point...BUT

Yes we must carry on to let the world know that we stand together as a nation and terroristic acts by a few misguided fanatics cannot destroy the what makes us the greatest nation in the world.

But there should be a time that as a nation we must mourn our loss. THAT is my point. If every single professional sports league can cancel their scheduled games, why can't we as a community do the same.

Tez has also attempted to allay my concerns by promising to donate proceeds from this passed weekend's tourney to the Red Cross.....and I hope that he will keep his word on this matter.
Old 09-27-2001, 01:22 AM #6
Roughneck Paintball
Turn Demonic

my word is my word

my word is my word and i stick by it at all times.

the red cross recieved $15 from each case of paint that was bought by us not sold...we sold 60 cases and bought 80 and thats what was paid to them.......$1200 and i do not want to ever hear anyone question my word until i have broken it because i do more for charity and players of the sport of paintball than any other company.........thats what i am about.......as u can clearly see and so does everyone else........i give away my money by giving out the best prizes for the cheapest amount and never have i taken a penny yet............its all gone back to the players and the field to make improvements for to be more enjoyable.........that is my goal.

I dont have "love, HONOR, RESPECT, & chivalry" Tattooed down my spine cause it looks cool or felt good ..........i did it cause those are my core beliefs and i never stray from them......that is who i am..........if i thought in anyway that this should have be moved i would have and in my heart i wanted to but in my mind i will not let ours and my economy grind to a halt........i have not stoped doing anything different and i am spending any less money.........that would show that they did make a difference to us and me.

i have done many things already for WTC and will keep doing so
gave blood
red cross gets $15 from every case for the rest of the war efforts
donated food
and whatever else i can do i will

but we still need to move on and do our normal routine to prove you can never crush the spirit of an American!
www.DemonicProducts.com
Unleash the Potential.....Turn Demonic!