PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-19-2013, 10:16 AM #1
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

Ebolt Project

Quick Update. Picked up this beauty for $37 off ebay. Nothing fancy, but it is a great start.

Here is the new ebolt ram and valve

I stripped and repainted my M98. This is just a primer to protect it for now, but I got all of that sparkly blue off.

No major updates yet, just shaved the trigger guards and started sanding the body. I should have some more pictures up tomorrow.

I now have the sight sanded off, did a little smoothing of the body lines and milled out the inside of the trigger frame to fit the qev's. The solenoid in the picture is probably not the one I am going to use in the end because it is larger than I anticipated, I just wanted to throw it in to show how much space I have made.

I have the cocking slot filled in and I covered the lettering. I haven't decided if I want to mill off the letters that say "Tippmann Model 98" yet, but I am leaning towards it and then stenciling in something that says "Ebolt 98". Just an Idea right now.

Still needs a little body work before I can paint, but it's getting there.

Last edited by Buwaro : 01-07-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Buwaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2013, 10:36 AM #2
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

It is a long road from here. I have to figure out exactly how to run all of the pneumatics and which ones to use. I am just glad that I was able to get the ram made.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:36 PM #3
first out

has been a member for 10 years
Interesting. It looks like your valve has one air flow passage instead of two converging passages. It may just provide for better air flow.

You might find putting flats on the ram about the fitting ports will add much needed room for other parts.
New feedback system thread.Please post here first for serious deals and to leave feedback.
New Feedback
Old Feedback
first out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:27 AM #4
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

I am just trying to get it going right now. There is only one passage for air, and its almost 2x deeper and 5/16" wide, but I haven't tested it yet.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:45 PM #5
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

I didn't want to pay $30 for a techt trigger, so I made one. it isn't perfect since I did all of the finishing with files and sand paper, but it works and I like it. best part is that it was free.

Last edited by Buwaro : 12-26-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:24 PM #6
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

Just wanted to show some pictures of the ram. I used a Stainless steel 1/2 - 20 socket head bolt turned down with flats on either side for the end cap, and it uses 007 o-rings for the shaft seal and piston.

This one is just a close up of the ram body. I have the body all milled to accommodate the qev's. I set it up to see how I liked it through the cocking slot and I really didn't like it.

Last edited by Buwaro : 12-27-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:19 PM #7
first out

has been a member for 10 years
It looks like you're on your way. I recommend leaving the body painting to the very end because you will probably need to make more room for the internals. Scratches are likely to happen in that process.
New feedback system thread.Please post here first for serious deals and to leave feedback.
New Feedback
Old Feedback
first out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:47 AM #8
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

I only did a a primer coat to better see the defects in the casting. I milled out the inside of the trigger frame, cut the slots for the qev's tonight. I'll update the pictures when I get home today.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:30 PM #9
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

This is my custom designed valve using an autococker valve with a lightened spring inside of a housing that slides into a powertube. If you are interested in making one, you might need to double check the diameter of the smaller step that the base of the valve and spring seats into because not all autococker valves are the exact same size. Just thought you guys might like seeing my design and the finished product.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:52 PM #10
Buwaro
Northern Indiana PB

I came across another ebolt because I was posting pictures of this build and it needed a little fixing up and a leak in the noid repaired, but I now have a working psychoballistics ebolt setup.

This is how it looked when I bought it. A lot of the paint was chipping off and it needed all new bolts due to rust.

After a media blast and a paint job this is how it looks now.