PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-17-2003, 09:34 AM #1
Skreemer

has been a member for 10 years
CPSA Event 03/16/03-How Did you do?

I know a bunch of you guys that post here play the CPSA... I was wondering who played who and how you guys did.

Any one that post here play against Damage Inc. Havoc on field 2? I'd like to know what you thought of thier play. Was it fair? Did you think they cheated? Were they sportsmanlike before and after the games?

While Damage Inc. itself is not new to the CPSA, Havoc is a brand new team that has never played together in a tournament series and I'm looking for a little help in guiding them to do better. Thanks for all your input.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2003, 12:03 PM #2
Mpulse2k6

Mpulse2k6 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hey...never got to play any of the damage inc. guys....but i was pretty happy with my team. We have only one practice togeather under our belt (a couple of us have played tourney ball togeather...but most not) and we managed to pull out 8th in the novice. That was basically thanks to some guys on last laugh and matrix....we got some paint for cheap from them....other wise we wouldn't have had the money for paint to move onto the semis
Old 03-17-2003, 01:39 PM #3
The Magician

My team played field one, we didn't play damage inc but I thought the whole tournament was run well. The reffing was very good, the teams overall were very sportsmanlike and friendly. I saw no cheating, and didn't hear of any either. There were some hotheads and it seemed like some guys came close to fighting a few times but the refs did a good job handling it. Good job to any of the refs reading this

Captain - Team Anomaly
www.teamanomaly.com

"You're out. You can't jump over barricades, especially in team practice."
The best ref in the world
Old 03-17-2003, 06:42 PM #4
punisher0716
factory cert. aka tech.

Talking To The Magician

What did I tell everyone after the captains meeting "There is no such thing as cheating only fouls". Because as Forest put it "A team will do what they have to do in order to win". If they cause an infraction of the rules that team will be assessed penalty points. There is no cheating in football, basketball, or baseball and they're all competitive sports just like ours is. Foul, Foul, Foul !!! You know the penalty and you will be served your punishment !
Old 03-17-2003, 07:04 PM #5
The Magician

OMFG!!!!!
So so sorry punisher, please don't dirty yourself trying to discipline me
I apologize to anyone who read my post and saw that penalizing word. I saw no fouls at the tournament and I expect few fouls in the tournaments to come.
btw I've washed my gear twice already and I'm still not happy, how about you?

Captain - Team Anomaly
www.teamanomaly.com

Old 03-17-2003, 07:15 PM #6
Mpulse2k6

Mpulse2k6 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
....i took my cleats out side and it took me 15 minutes to hose them down....and my jersey and pants have been through the washer twice and still look dirty. oh well. anyone know when the cpsa site will be updated? also I've heard the second event is at rockford, is that true?

Last edited by Mpulse2k6 : 03-17-2003 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-17-2003, 07:25 PM #7
Booya39
STORK

Booya39 is a Supporting Member
Booya39 is a founding member
Booya39 is a Professional paintball player
give the cpsa site about 4 weeks to get updated. well that was the standared operating procedure for last season.

If you think school is hard, try being stupid.

Last edited by Booya39 : 03-17-2003 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:08 PM #8
TeamBullseye

Add graduates suck at this sport. Mostly the Magician
Old 03-17-2003, 08:22 PM #9
punisher0716
factory cert. aka tech.

got beat by brimstone

you know if I remember correctly your team got beat by brimstone.This is a team that was put together that day for the most part and they have a blind man for a captain.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:24 PM #10
TeamBullseye

oh yeah brimstone might have got lucky but ill play any of u any day any time. with my new angel u cant stop me.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:27 PM #11
TeamBullseye

hey pun i need 600 for angel wanna buy the timmy and mag for 650. just remember how much u like me
Old 03-17-2003, 08:28 PM #12
punisher0716
factory cert. aka tech.

superman wannabe

oooooh I'm scared just remember that angel knows who it's master really is and it's not you !
Old 03-17-2003, 09:01 PM #13
The Magician

Bullseye, I think punisher was talking about last year at rpg when we beat you guys as Brimstone
Anyways, bring your game out to our field sometime soon, I'm up for some one on one, Punisher is getting too easy these days
Anyways, I remember stalemating you guys, and I believe we had 2 whole rookies who had never even played a tourney game before. Not too bad eh?

Captain - Team Anomaly
www.teamanomaly.com

Old 03-17-2003, 09:15 PM #14
TeamBullseye

awwwwww magican just remember all the practice where i beat the snot outta u . and if my memory serves me right i think i bunkered u in the head. but i will show when everu feel like another headache

p.s. i miss u lol
Old 03-17-2003, 09:26 PM #15
The Magician

hmmmm, sorry I don't remember anything close to that
Headaches are scarce these days so I look forward to your misguided attempts anytime

Captain - Team Anomaly
www.teamanomaly.com

Old 03-17-2003, 09:36 PM #16
Nator187
Captain of Team Newbies

Nator187 is a Supporting Member
Nator187 is a founding member
Newbies got 4th in the Amateur Division

Nator187
Old 03-17-2003, 09:39 PM #17
TeamBullseye

u cant remember because of the clouding of the mind from that shot to the head
Old 03-17-2003, 11:47 PM #18
wikidpisa

Overall i thought OP was a good start to the season. Infinity didn't do too shabby for being brokeasses and not practicing much in the offseason.
My one complaint would have to be the reffing on field 2, although i try not to biatch about reffing because i ref and know how annoying it is to have everyone cryin their eyes out all over you but these guys just sucked. One time (of many slow calls) myself and 3 of my teammates lit a guy up on his way to the flag the refs didn't pull him until he got the pull and then proceeded to gog me. that call cost us that game and probably semis. I wont blame it on the team because like punisher said that Forest said "A team will do what they have to do in order to win". Another time a ref from another field had to run over and make a call because Field 2's refs were just watching from the sidelines.
We got to play DI-Havoc. I can't really give you anything useful. They seemed like a good bunch of guys and had a good aditude.
Can't wait to play Rockford when i don't have to dig my foot out of the ground before i make a move.
Later
Byers
Lots of tournaments!!!
Old 03-18-2003, 02:56 PM #19
The Magician

I didn't feel like looking at the score sheets, but I hear ADD Graduates took second to last place in division 1
I felt kinda Jeremy Salm in the first game because I crawled all the way up the snake and started shooting at the back and when he went in I looked past him and I put a few rounds into the back of a guy on field 2. The ref wiped him off, but I thought it was kinda interesting. I also liked how they had the dead boxes right next to each other by the "spectators". I think that's good for control and it lets both teams dead players see the same exact things from the same angles, leaves little room for any argument later.

Captain - Team Anomaly
www.teamanomaly.com

Old 03-18-2003, 03:52 PM #20
Skreemer

we actually had a bit of a problem with that magician. In one game two of our guys were shot out buy fire coming from field 1 or field 3.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:07 PM #21
The Magician

I'm really sorry if I had anything to do with that, it is possible, I only saw the one shot that I actually hit someone. He was wearing a mostly blue jersey, but I saw a ref wipe him and let him keep playing. I don't think I hit anybody else, but I imagine anyone else playing the snake from the same position would have shot at the exact same spot and probably done the same thing. It would have been impossible for anyone on field 2 to have shot the back of the backs so hopefully the refs caught on if it was happening much.

Captain - Team Anomaly
www.teamanomaly.com