Old 02-15-2007, 11:44 PM #1
D3AGL3_PBALLER
CN's Finest

has been a member for 10 years
D3AGL3_PBALLER posts videos on PbNation
D3AGL3_PBALLER has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
D3AGL3_PBALLER has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
D3AGL3_PBALLER has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Pump Kits, and YOU. (A Guide to Pump Kits)

So you are wondering what pump kits are available for your sniper-based marker? (a Sniper, for those that might not know, is the pump version of The Autococker. These can include Snipers and 'Cockers, but other markers such as the Psycho Ballistics Lightning and AKA Merlin are Sniper-based) Here we will keep up-to-date information for you to look over. The kits will be listed alphabetically. But first to determine which kit is right for you!

What year is your sniper-based marker? Pump kits will come based on 2 era's. Pre-2K and 2K+. That means a marker that was made before the year 2000, and a marker made since the year 2000 and beyond. You want to make sure the kit you buy is compatible with your marker.

What else should I look for? Besides year, there is also modifications that could be done to your body that affect which kit you'll need. Is it "half-blocked" or a "mini"? If so you might require a specific kit, or specific part with the kit, for it all to work properly.

- With half-blocked bodies the cocking rod is much shorter. So a standard sized rod won't work. You'll need to address this with who you buy from to make sure you get the proper part needed.

- With mini'd bodies the front ASA is removed and usually a steel threaded insert is put into the front. A standard sized pump kit is made to fit on a standard body. You'll need a front ASA to get air to the valve, so make sure you get a mini specific kit. As those have a front block that both acts as the ASA, and as the block for the pump handle's guide rod to thread into.

So let's get started...

CCM now offers economy kits for Pre-2K Sniper-based markers, with 1 guide rod and a delrin pump handle. Exclusive to CCM's kit is the stabalization ring, which prevents the wobble that you get with other kits that have only 1 guide rod. These are repoted to soon be available for 2k+ Sniper-based markers.

CCM's flagship kit. This Delux kit will fit your Sniper-based marker, and comes in two different thread sizes. Those are Pre-2k and in 2k+. When purchasing, you will have to specify which thread size you need. It comes with a Delrin or Acrylic pump handle and has 2 guide rods to prevent the handle from twisting (which may be experienced in pump kits that only have 1 guide rod). This kit is compatible with CCM's Autotrigger kit. Pump handles are available in a variety of colors, and the kit is backed up by a lifetime warranty.

Though unlisted on their website, CCM currently (06/01/2007) has a few dozen Mini kits available. If you are interested please call them with your questions.

The PMP Pump Kit comes in two types: Trilogy (as seen here, or 2k+ Sniper threading. It is a base pump kit, with delrin pump handle, return spring, and 1 guide rod.

Also available from PMP Industries, to compliment their pump kit, is their "Pump Grip."

These are additions to their pump handles that allow you to pump the marker with your fingers while your hand keeps hold of the front asa/regulator. Better known as "The Hitman Mod."

Vendetta offers two different styled kits. Both of these kits are offered in Pre-2k and in 2k+ specs.

The first kit is their basic kit, it's similar to the WGP and WWA kit. But with different milling design to the pump handle. The design and function are on par with the WGP and WWA kit.

Their second kit available is the Delux Kit. It includes a uniquely shaped delrin handle, 2 guide rods for stability, and a pump return spring. The 2 guide rods prevent pump handle twisting, and the return spring will help prevent unintentionally double-feeding paint.

WWA's Economy pump kit is similar to the WGP and Vendetta base kits. It has one guide rod, a milled delrin pump handle, and is offered in Pre-2k and in 2k+ specs. WWA offers these to fit both full size and "mini" size sniper-based bodies.

WWA's Premium Kit offers the stability from two guide rods, a milled delrin pump handle, and is offered in Pre-2k and in 2k+ specs. WWA offers these kits to fit full size and "mini" size Sniper-based bodies.

Your standard pump kit with derin handle, return spring, and one guide rod. It is offered in Pre-2k and in 2k+ specs. These are no longer available for purchase through WGP currently, and are hard to find at local retailers. Your best bet is to find one used. These were around the $35 mark when openly available, but are now being sold for a bit over that due to the limited supply. Can be found in Blue, Red, and Black, with black being the most common.

*** This modified post reflects both information provided by d3agl3_pballer, meth, and various other posters in this thread. replacement of the original post was performed by ApoC_101, thats right, its me!***

Last edited by D3AGL3_PBALLER : 04-16-2013 at 07:08 AM.
D3AGL3_PBALLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2007, 11:55 PM #2
PntbllKid91

Sticky status This can be pretty helpful to alot of people.
PntbllKid91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:08 AM #3
raynman

If this is to be stickied, I'd ask that the comment about vendetta's being less comfortable be removed. I don't believe that to be a factual comment, and I think stickies should generally be just factual information.

Other than that, this is a great help!
raynman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:17 AM #4
D3AGL3_PBALLER
CN's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynman View Post
If this is to be stickied, I'd ask that the comment about vendetta's being less comfortable be removed. I don't believe that to be a factual comment, and I think stickies should generally be just factual information.

Other than that, this is a great help!
Edited for political correctness

Last edited by D3AGL3_PBALLER : 04-16-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:03 AM #5
D4Disorder
dont shoot cats!

is wwa the only one to make 2k mini pump kits?
D4Disorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:14 AM #6
D3AGL3_PBALLER
CN's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4Disorder View Post
At the moment yes, unless you can get your hands on a used CCM mini kit (they are EXTREMELY RARE).
Old 02-16-2007, 01:34 AM #7
nintendofreak
"NF"- The pomegranate guy

STICKY!
nintendofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:41 AM #8
The Steve
THEBESTBLOODMONEYCANBUY

i call for sticky
The Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 05:43 AM #9
..!..('_')..!.. (Banned)

PMP also makes kits for Pre and Post 99 Regualr Cocker bodies too... They look similar to the WGP ones though...
..!..('_')..!.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:30 AM #10
pump
I don't play pump lol

pump is a founding member
you forgot that the CCM pump kit had a different Handle when it first came out

also the WGP had 2 different pump handles prior to the current one being used now

i prefer the older WGP handles to anything else out now, besides my custom pump kit
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 07:05 AM #11
snuggles_smith
Juke Box Hero

Not to bad, somebody apparently got bored. I wish I had known CCM mini kits were rare, I used to have a pre2k mini kit I sold on an old 96-97 mini sniper for a mere $120.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:56 AM #12
DarkArmorPB
VampiresTasteLikeChicken

DarkArmorPB is a Supporting Member
Smile

According to CCM, they never made a 2K mini pump kit for the general public. They had only made a batch of pre99 mini kits. They did say that they are considering making a 2K kit to be released here in the near future. I am hoping that is true.

Yes. WWA is the only manufacturer of a mini 2K kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4Disorder View Post

DAPB
DarkArmorPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:57 AM #13
7Garrett

Annual Supporting Member
7Garrett is a Supporting Member
I never buy anything directly from white wolf. I got burned by him once already.
The products are good though.

The way you deal with that is you buy wwa items second hand from other pumpers that actually have the items in hand. Or buy items from a stand up dealer like wevo.
Wevo is a great shop.

You're no daisy.....you're no daisy at all.

Last edited by 7Garrett : 02-16-2007 at 10:01 AM.
7Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:27 PM #14
D3AGL3_PBALLER
CN's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..!..('_')..!.. View Post
PMP also makes kits for Pre and Post 99 Regualr Cocker bodies too... They look similar to the WGP ones though...
I was not able to find a link to it on the site. I tried to add it to the "cart" and it didnt let me.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:29 PM #15
D3AGL3_PBALLER
CN's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pump View Post
you forgot that the CCM pump kit had a different Handle when it first came out

also the WGP had 2 different pump handles prior to the current one being used now

i prefer the older WGP handles to anything else out now, besides my custom pump kit
That is pretty much irrelevant to anyone buying a kit now. This is a what the current options are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggles_smith View Post
Not to bad, somebody apparently got bored. I wish I had known CCM mini kits were rare, I used to have a pre2k mini kit I sold on an old 96-97 mini sniper for a mere $120.
Yeah, I was BORED!

Last edited by D3AGL3_PBALLER : 02-16-2007 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:39 PM #16
Sheazer
Bi-Winning

Well done, I like it!

Sheazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:15 PM #17
DaytonaStreetLights
A Different Sense

Awesome. This should help solve all of the pump kit threads for Snipers. Loving the title as well Deagle, it was a good chuckle.
DaytonaStreetLights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:26 PM #18
pfizerreg (Banned)

So...what makes the Vendetta kit less smooth than the CCM kit? The kits aren't a huge factor in smoothness. Your standard WGP kit is one of the smoothest around.

Last edited by pfizerreg : 02-16-2007 at 03:45 PM.
pfizerreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:37 PM #19
pump
I don't play pump lol

pump is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3AGL3_PBALLER View Post
That is pretty much irrelevant to anyone buying a kit now. This is a what the current options are.
ah the absence of historical context, but what if someone is buying one used?
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 04:22 PM #20
D3AGL3_PBALLER
CN's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfizerreg View Post
So...what makes the Vendetta kit less smooth than the CCM kit? The kits aren't a huge factor in smoothness. Your standard WGP kit is one of the smoothest around.
The finish on the pump guides and tolerances make a difference. I have tried both and find the CCM to be smoother. The WGP kit is nothing special and at the bottom of the list when it comes to smoothness. Yes, your springing can make it feel smooth, but the action of the pump kit is definitely improved by the addition of a second pump guide. There is no denying that.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:24 PM #21
D4Disorder
dont shoot cats!

another slightly ot question:
are the pump kits on the carter snipers made by carter?and are they only available on the carter snipers?
D4Disorder is offline   Reply With Quote