PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-18-2007, 08:04 PM #22
junglecat

Holy Excrement,
PBNation is a highly effective way to communicate- I apologize to everyone for looking at PBN as new fangle Internet stuff and unnecessary child's play. I really appreciate the input. You guys are great help- I don't have to guess what is needed. Just ask you all- I promise to continue to listen.

FYI [hope that's a correct acronym]
Till daylight savings time- Sundays 12-dark walkon

The reality of owning 102 decent sized bunkers that could probably make 4? decent [5 player] fields hasn't set in yet. My wife has always said I never got along with reality very well, but if we have them why not use the bunkers [Could probably use help setting up though!]

Are you really from Germany? I don't know how far a mile is in Germany, but here we are about 5 miles north of Watertown City limits. If you come to this country it would be an honor to meet you.

I worked in Madison for a while, in a hangover hurry- 35 min. with short cuts. Normal 40-45 min.

Outdoors, cold, everyone is playing indoors, every year is the same. Our turnouts low for Walk On; basic diehards until March 1. Then every year everything breaks loose. See you then. A few years back I had the paper work in for a 36000 s/f indoor paintball/archery center all the bells and whistles- I’m a builder so it’s a cheap, no brain, high return investment for me, but you had Dave’s [Jeff is a good man] indoor, and Virtual Magic [now BFG] was rumored to be starting up: I really didn’t want to hurt their business. Now there’s Stinger that has a good winter facility. See you at frost out. A shameless plug? We use the rubber field [Steel frames covered with rubber to copy air bunkers] in bad weather.

My old compressor got hocked in a theft this winter- they took a whole Ranger pick-up full. No it was not covered by insurance- I can not get theft insurance reasonably here... cry me a river, I didn't set the alarm the day before, it's my fault. Anyway I have a new 9 cfm coming on Monday. That will be plenty of air. Also with all due respect I would add reffing as a critical ingredient. If this is the Jason I met [I'm the fat old guy] thanks for the input and I welcome more.

John

Last edited by junglecat : 02-18-2007 at 09:31 PM.
junglecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2007, 08:36 PM #23
money21
time is $money$!!

money21 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Hey John, Im not the fat old guy you met but will be sure to introduce myself when you're up and running in the summer months...good reffing as well is a must....thought I had that in there... good luck.

315 Soldier....mmmmm Toasty
EX Stinger Factory.Ke-west Sports
Ballistic r.i.p

HE HATE MEPbN Feedback!!
money21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:09 PM #24
junglecat

Someone suggested byop tourneys? We offered them last year, people seemed to like 'em.
Do you think Sat. and or Sun am practices would be desired?
You've been doing this for a while, how many teams would be ideal for a practice session?

Jason, I'm the fat old guy, you were the one my daughter noticed. I told her you were married.

John
Old 02-18-2007, 09:22 PM #25
money21
time is $money$!!

money21 is a Supporting Member
OOOOH lol, sorry. and NO I'm not married

BYOP Tourneys are always liked because teams usually can get their own paint at a pretty good price if they have sponsorships. It probably doesn't help the dollars coming in on your side, but it helps in that people wont complain on crappy paint at a tourny and thats why they sucked...

Sunday practices are what usually work best for most people...and I'd say 6 plus teams would be Ideal...also helps if there is someone to kind of get teams lined up and ready "on deck" so it flows smoothly and teams can get enough games in...

I know like at Apoc, theres not much of fast food places or restaurants around so Dave offers a free spaghetti and meatball lunch, and Im pretty sure everyone LOVES it...up the entry 2 bucks or so, should cover it I think, but I'd crack some numbers before...

315 Soldier....mmmmm Toasty
EX Stinger Factory.Ke-west Sports
Ballistic r.i.p

HE HATE MEPbN Feedback!!
money21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:15 AM #26
junglecat

Jason- Thanks tons- I owe you. Will do something about food. Was planning on a coordinator for team attendance and field operations. Don't have to make a living on this like most owners, just pay for fields to promote the sport, and pay for upgraded bunkers next year.

If anyone else has suggestions I am all ears.

John
Old 02-19-2007, 09:31 AM #27
rockingDaDm4
paintball

rockingDaDm4 plays in the PSP
rockingDaDm4 plays in the APPA D3 division
Sick
rockingDaDm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:34 PM #28
MatrixWI
I smell something

Hey John, let me know when the compressor and the X-ball field show up this week and I'll give you a hand unloading them.
MatrixWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:18 PM #29
junglecat

Thanks for the help offer,
Been waiting all day for the trucking company. This is worse then waiting for Mark to shoot a string.
They said they would deliver today. lol The NPPL field was same way and same co. They called me at 4pm that day said it will be tomorrow am- they showed at 3pm. I get sued over that kind of service, building.

Guys,
Should we make the fields available for private practices by appointment?

John
Old 02-19-2007, 03:46 PM #30
adamd1514

I think private practices would be a great idea. I'm sure plenty of teams have the numbers to hold a decent practice on their own...If I had a team, or friends for that matter I'd love it
adamd1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:03 PM #31
strostro
I'm not Jr, he's just OG.

Wow. Sucks that someone would actually steal an ENTIRE compressor. Hope that goes well. How much space do you guys have out there for full-sized fields?

For team practices, as said Sundays are usually a good time as when that's when most are run. Private's by appointment are a good idea too.

For tournaments, reffing is very crucial. I've played in one or two tournaments there last season, and having the home team switch out playing and reffing isn't a good idea. I shot a guy out early in the game and he then went to reffing. Later in the game he came to check me and I thought he was playing. Things went downhill from there. One way I got my team to improve on reffing was watching many tournaments. Videos, going to places and watching, reading about reffing, knowing the official calls, and of course, reffing plenty of tournaments are always good ways of getting everyone ready.

Last thing. Will there be much improvement on the staging area? I liked how it was outside near the fill/chrono station, but making it a little larger I think would be nice.

Of course though, all of these things are just my ideas. Use them or not, I'm also a person who took half an hour to put a hopper in a feedneck and eventually realized the latch was still closed and I had never opened it, so use them at your own risk. Heeheehee. . .

Brew City Paintball

Virtue Paintball
strostro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:36 PM #32
apocpb
NOT A 2K7'ER

will you guys have season passes available?
Old 02-19-2007, 10:24 PM #33
junglecat

Thanks a load for the suggestions. As far as the theft goes, the evidence showed one guy wheeled the 250 lb compressor out, then loaded up, boxes of paper, valveless tanks, broken rental pods, used maskes, [junk to be pitched], while the other took an hour to cut into the steel gun vault, and concrete walkin vault.
With the waivers and the small close knit group of customers I have, the physical evidence, 50 and I know who did it. It will be taken care of.

Thanks for bringing up our refs playing. I remember that day you came out, it was the only incident we had all year. It was a Carry On Paint tourney with Chocolate Cream Pie trophies. They predicted rain and all but two teams bailed... Sorry for the confusion, hope your not soured. I was just trying to show you a good time. That other team that showed thought a little friendly thing was World Cup bonusing those rec ball kids… I wasn’t going to let that happen so it played out like it did. I should look those guys up- the team captain’s check bounced.
Just So Everyone Knows- If you show up for a Carry on Paint tournament, walk on play, practice or a private party [stuff for fun], I will send out refs, my kids, and myself to play if people bail so you can play.

Unfortunately “shoe makers kids go barefoot and a builder’s roof leaks”, because they are sick of their jobs. We play outdoors anyway. I anticipated needing more room. Pulled permits for a new pavilion/staging area just for tourney guys. They will have their own parking, field entrance, and staging area.

Maybe you played too many fields last year or you’re getting senile like me. just joking. Seriously our fill stations have been inside since 1990 or 91 [Except when the tornado hit in ‘96], chrony outside, and we’ve had two staging areas under roof [though we only use one] for a few years, but I agree with your general impression they could use work. I guess they are better than expected- they don’t leak “anymore”.
As far as the space? We have 6 acres of treeless field for concept fields and 17 acres of woods. I’ll just condense stuff to the rear…

Thanks again, Now I owe you too.
John
Old 02-20-2007, 10:08 AM #34
KungfuGrip (Banned)
Look I R azn

Reppin the JCP field. I don't really know what to say. I've been playing here for 10+ years and I have seen a lot change in the course of paintball. Guns shoot insainly fast now, not much like the days when I was rockin the ole spyder. The only thing that hasn't changed is the fact that we make it our priority for you (theplayer) to have fun. We will accomidate for almost any situation and will honestly and fairly judge everything. We aren't out to "get you" we are just looking out for everyone's saftey including yours.

If any of you are looking for a great time with friendly people, hit us up. You will always be greeted with a friendly smile and my shannanagins. Yes, I'm a bit crazy but that's to be expected.... I am asian afterall.

I hope to see you all out on the field and if you have any questions just post them here. We are looking forward to an amazing season and hope you guys can be a part of it.
KungfuGrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:06 PM #35
strostro
I'm not Jr, he's just OG.

Wow, I hope that guy gets what he deserves for stealing all that stuff. Also, I'll PM you abut which team that was, because also the one girl from our team decided to never pay you.. and leaving things like that in the air aren't good. Our team captain and many of our players (In my opinion) took things a little too seriously. I wish I still could've gotten a pie though. . .

Brew City Paintball

Virtue Paintball
strostro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:13 PM #36
drjeckel

Talking Dr Jeckel

Wow!...Low prices...Great staff...And now an X-Ball and an NPPL Supair field. Why go anywhere else?
drjeckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:13 PM #37
MatrixWI
I smell something

Pooha your a emo B***h!!!!!
Old 02-20-2007, 04:22 PM #38
junglecat

Stro
Those pies were a really great idea. Like the time the two girls got in the food fight with them- I may be old but still have testosterone in my veins.
You 've got a great attitude- you will be a leader if you aren't already. If you want to try for another pie intro yourself, I want to shake your hand.
Apocpb
Season pass prices are determined by volume [fixed vs variable cost...]. Originally I thought no season passes- because I like the low volume, personal atmosphere we have always enjoyed. Like I've said before I am thoroughly impressed with the people contacting me here and in my mail.
I haven't cut any prices, schedules, events in stone yet, in fact I took down all that info on the site until I get a better feel for what people want. I will do some guestimates and come up with one very soon so people can plan. Do you have an idea of a fair price?

Thanks guys
John
Old 02-20-2007, 08:07 PM #39
mad-engineer
Sand Cat

2007 X Ball, NPPL Fields

Does your X ball field have the 12 mini cylinder tree kit or just the base field? Are you planning any 7 man NPPL tournaments?
mad-engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:39 PM #40
junglecat

Mad-engineer
The Xball field is the expanded version with the 12 mini cylinders [tree kit]. We will be setting up exact layouts for practices before the major events. Being that I can get to the old PMI shop in 1.25 hrs, I expect a lot of practicing going on and a good chance for local teams to get more exposure with the teams from Chicago- Cheap easy way to get better, and a lot of fun.
I am hoping to offer a feeder event for the NPPL but that is little more than I can handle myself [my RH man just got called off to war too] so I am enlisting the help from some contacts from the old days [these promoters are retired now] to see if they would help. If they anty-up quickly here- maybe. But next year is more likely.
Being an old schooler I prefer the NPPL format and field, so I will be doing at least some BYOP NPPL tourneys. I had 3 more refs pass our NPPL rules test this weekend. Now getting them through the On Field Test. I expecting a 7 man in late summer /fall. Hope you bring your 7player out.
I don't want to put too many events out there because I still want to play too, BFG, Stalker, Apoc, and First Strike. Check out the Edge, Ambush, and Stinger. I was hoping more Friday pm & Sat stuff would work, but I do have to pay for this stuff.

John
Old 02-21-2007, 06:30 AM #41
MatrixWI
I smell something

John, you talked to me about getting some barrels from work. Did you still want them and if so how many?
Old 02-21-2007, 09:50 AM #42
junglecat

Matrix-
Sorry you can't get hold of me, phone fell out of shirt pocket, and is now entombed in my clients foundation wall. 2nd time it's happen in ten years, will call you this pm from office.
If they will lets us have ten or so Great for more garbage cans... I have a feeling from all the hits on the site we have created a need.

Thanks again
John
ReplyRegional Ups