PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 04:19 PM #1
Harkon3

has been a member for 10 years
Nerve, shocker, wuts the deal, SAME GUNS!!! WTF read more..

if you very few lucky people out there got the smartparts catalog and have seen the newly released pics of the *nerve* and the shocker, well my friends take the 2 pages and flip back and forth from the nerver to the shocker you will find out there the same ****ing gun.... its so sad, same fing look. You might as well save your 1500 and get a sp new shocker, WITCH SHOULDENT EVEN BE CALLED A SHOCKER ITS A WHOLE NEW GUN!!! and take your shocker get it in red, buy some nerve gel pad thingys and your set, you could call you shocker a damn nerve... today paintball is getting so wierd... all about how much skin you can get a girl to show with your gun to get some loser to buy it just so they can say that that girl touched the same kinda gun i got *hahaha*.

Please some one tell me why there going to sell the same gun for about 500$ more? i am just saying that the bodys look exactually the same, i dont know about inside but smart parts, is getting really really pathetic now-a-days...

Quote* I wish i had a smaller dick so i could wear shorts

There is no spoon, Because I ate it ;)

*feed back* http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=189129
Old 03-13-2003, 04:34 PM #2
Harkon3

the only difference i see is the second tube in the bottom on the nerve..... there the same guns.... just like 1 or 2 changed things on the nerve, like milling and such...

Old 03-13-2003, 05:07 PM #3
Ov3rmind
Bandwidth Serial Killer

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkon3
the only difference i see is the second tube in the bottom on the nerve..... there the same guns.... just like 1 or 2 changed things on the nerve, like milling and such...
Did it ever occur to you that the fact that the body is almost twice as large (second tube) may suggest that it functions totally different internally. The only two things I see that are similar is they have the same style milling and come with the same trigger frame.

2K3 Shocker - 1 tube stack
Nerve - Taller stacked tube body
Old 03-13-2003, 05:58 PM #4
josh green

i dont get how you see that they are the same gun i think your just blind im gona stick up for sp b/c they have always had good products and their new guns are unique and will put any angel to shame dont be a player hater tell me how they are the same gun? prove it to me! seeing as how the shocker is half the size and dosent have a silinoid*

my feedback..
http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=424578
Old 03-13-2003, 06:34 PM #5
Falkey

Similar in Looks,..maybe...

The looks are the same, well very similar, but the Shocker is a closed bolt and the Nerve is an open bolt. Therefore, they are NOT the same gun.

When I first looked at the two guns, they did appear to be similar, after I stopped drueling and actually looked at them, I could notice the Nerve is taller, with two "tubes" like Ov3rmind posted. Also, the Nerve has an LPR on the front just below the barrel, page 06, 3> of the catalog. The shocker does NOT have an LPR.

I believe, in my opinion, that the Nerve is going to be SP's "high-end" marker to compete with the Angel and others. It still remains to be seen how it performs and it's really too early to debate much. Hopefully SP's has done their homework and tested it, that's all I ask.

Last edited by Falkey : 03-13-2003 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:44 PM #6
josh green

sorry i ment hammer not silinoid

my feedback..
http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=424578
Old 03-13-2003, 08:05 PM #7
Harkon3

Falkey- thanks for backing me up man. They do look like the same guns, you other people obviously dident get what i wrote... i said they *look* like the same gun and you posers who posted before Falkey can kiss my *** i asked you to tell me what was different, and i all rdy said that i noticed the double stack on the nerve. Also take the shocker take out the milling on the neck gas though, and body etc. and picture that, then look at the never pritty much the same gun to me, but i know there are alot of internal parts that seperate them.

The new shocker is going to suck, IMO

My friend explaing to me why they will but i cant quite rember exactually what he said but something like the old shockers were good, they were so big and something internal was why they were so good and now the new *so called* shocker is so small its not even going to be close to its "older brother"

The nerve looks like an angel, might feel like one but its a waste of your money. There going to be roughfly, not for sure on this, about 1500$ for that same price roughfly you could get a Angel ir3, 2k3 angel lcd, adrenalin angel, etc. Along with the aka, viking and excal, and server other high preformance guns... i know the nerve would come with a barrel and a tank but still thats to much to be charging for a gun thats just comming out and it new that not many people if any at all have shot.... i am just going to wait and see how people like them what there max rates of fire are.... stuff like that. If anyone reading this gets a nerve or a new school shocker make a video of you shooting it and then post it some where so i can see the action. Thanks guys talk to you all lata...

Old 03-13-2003, 08:31 PM #8
RoddyMySpyder

they look similar, but the shocker looks like a mayhem. I personally like that they are taking off the "blocky" look of the old markers and replacing them with more rounded style bodies but its no suprise to me that the new looks are upsetting people, but im gonna keep my mouth shut until i see them both in action, because you can always change the way it looks after you get it. How it performs and feels is the only thing that matters, and between the nerve and the new shocker there will be plenty differences between them if not body style.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:32 PM #9
Harkon3

good point.

Old 03-14-2003, 12:24 AM #10
Gabe
SuperPimp

Omg omg! They're look the same therefore they must be the same!!

The Viking must magically be an Excalibur now! Dang...
Old 03-14-2003, 07:06 AM #11
Harkon3

wow, your pritty retarded loser.... grow some testies and a commen sence.

I dub thee *pool boy* for retardedness that will never be excuseable

Old 03-14-2003, 10:04 AM #12
Surreal

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkon3
wow, your pritty retarded loser.... grow some testies and a commen sence.
you, and the rest of the sorry individuals contaminated with this little disease called "stupid" need to be removed from this earth.
Black Unmilled Excalibur #108
Old 03-14-2003, 10:04 AM #13
akunochi
I am nothing

well I dub you blaspheming idiot. How long have you been playing? A year or two? How long have you been around SP guns? If you notice the Nerve has a profile similar to the shocker, however not even close to the same internal structure. The LPR on the front is actually a regulator. The shocker has no regulator besides in line. The nerve also comes equipped with a pinless open olt design. Shocker=closed bolt....hmm so close to the same that I might even be the pope.
AKA Diamond Dust Viking #489

"Originally posted by I_like_welts
I go on my knees way too often. "

My feedback
Old 03-14-2003, 03:45 PM #14
BL Intimidator
I'm Lob Bong.

BL Intimidator is a Supporting Member
Carl, a few things:

1. Who are you to say the new shocker is going to suck? The only reviews so far have been purely on looks.

2. The old shocker had the Solenoid and Electronic housing in the body which is why it is so big but now the 'Noid and Electronics got mover to the grip frame.

3. Where did you see it was gunna be $1500.

4. Just because it looks like an Angel doesn't mean it will preform like one. Looks do NOT effect performance.

5. Companies don't really worry about charging too much for guns when they release them because no one has shot them... No gun has really been realeased then the price gone UP currently.

6. "today paintball is getting so wierd... all about how much skin you can get a girl to show with your gun to get some loser to buy it just so they can say that that girl touched the same kinda gun i got *hahaha*." -Harkon3

....Uh

7. "Please some one tell me why there going to sell the same gun for about 500$ more? i am just saying that the bodys look exactually the same, i dont know about inside but smart parts, is getting really really pathetic now-a-days..." -Harkon3

It doesn't matter what the body looks like. It isn't the same gun at all. Looks mean absolutely nothing in paintball, face it. Every Spyder looks exactly the same too and Timmys look like spyders also. I'm not complaning because Timmys are Spyders that are $800+ overpriced...
I wish my dick was smaller so I could wear shorts:D
E-Mail: IntimidatorBL@yahoo.com
AIM: ClassicTimmy
Old 03-14-2003, 04:14 PM #15
pito189
viking

Some actual 2003 Shocker info.

Nerve info...say what.

Nerve pictures. Kinda sexy like the X-Mag or Ir3.

Last one.

EDIT: These are pictures from the 2003 SP catalog I recieved the other day.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:45 PM #16
Ov3rmind
Bandwidth Serial Killer

Quote:
Originally posted by akunochi
well I dub you blaspheming idiot. How long have you been playing? A year or two? How long have you been around SP guns? If you notice the Nerve has a profile similar to the shocker, however not even close to the same internal structure. The LPR on the front is actually a regulator.
How is the profile similar? The Nerve is noticeably taller than the 03 Shocker.

Of course the LPR is a regulator. LPR stands for Low Pressure Regulator. What were you thinking?
Old 03-14-2003, 06:00 PM #17
blackxknight (Banned)

are you gonna piss and moan about the Impulse and Old Shocker too becasue they kinda "look" similar. stfu if you cant afford the gun than stop crying.
Old 03-14-2003, 11:10 PM #18
ItsTooBigForMyAge
www.paintsplat.com

Quote:
The nerve looks like an angel, might feel like one but its a waste of your money. There going to be roughfly, not for sure on this, about 1500$ for that same price roughfly you could get a Angel ir3, 2k3 angel lcd, adrenalin angel, etc. Along with the aka, viking and excal, and server other high preformance guns...
Actually $1500 was the original price on the Ir3's. I have seen them marked down now in a few places to about $1300. And the 2k3 LCDs are no where near $1500. Try maybe $800. If you heard that they were gonna be $1500(and your the only one) then Sp isnt gonna sell to many. My guess is they will be around the $900-$1000 mark. But that is all IMO, im also only puttin this on the specs, looks, and reveiws i have read. And the old shockers dont suck, so how is one they put more time into makin better gonna suck? Have you shot one....have you played with it in cold, hot, dirt, sand, humidity? I think not...so please dont talk smack on a gun that isnt out yet....Makes me angry.

.....let me help you out here before i go. Do some research before you post about something you kno nothin about. Might help you at least seem smarter.....maybe.
Phone: 610-444-9293
Fax: 610-444-9117
paintball@kennet.net
phil@paintsplat.com
www.paintsplat.com
Old 03-15-2003, 01:34 PM #19
tourny_wannabe

tourny_wannabe is a Supporting Member
i heard the nerve will be 1300-1500 w/ the eye, and that new max flow tank(don't quote me on this)

and harken you need to stop being a newb with an angel
Old 03-15-2003, 02:23 PM #20
transam
Banned

Thats why

One of the guys from MI Paintball, the poeple who make Rat Impulses,told me the Nerve is a really tricked out Impulse. Its only gonna be sold in a "package" form with a the freak, max flo and vision. I'm gonna try and see if Walt's there, becuase he has actually shot the shocker and is quyalified enoguh to give me an honest opinion. For me, I'll just stick to buying a Rat
Old 03-15-2003, 03:02 PM #21
tourny_wannabe

tourny_wannabe is a Supporting Member
better check out the new pics of the 2k3 rats, they don't look so hot in my opinion