Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 08:20 AM #1
cockerfreak221
Ahh Ohh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

has been a member for 10 years
Brass Eagle Stinks!!!!!!

Brass Eagle stinks. Just by their paint, u can tell they are like bottom. U shoot your gun and brass eagle paint goes flyin like a monkey. I never liked brass eagle, I just come 2 these threads, to tell people to trash their brass eagle crap.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:07 AM #2
AzNGuNSmokE

Wow Your cool. I bet you have never even tried their paint. Why don;t you be just as cool and go to the cocker forum and trash your cocker, because I don't come here tor ead garbage like this.
Now BE paint isn't all that bad. The problem is if you go and buy it at Walmart they leave their paint at room temp without flipping the paint occaionally and most of the paint is a few years old.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:13 PM #3
cockerfreak221
Ahh Ohh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, But what about their guns. Mega-crap. They make people who are new at the sport, terrible. These people come out, just starting, and their guns cant shoot water when their in the middle of the ocean. It gives them a bad name. I tell them that they should start out with a spyder, and then, once they get good at that, sell that gun, and buy a better one. I tell them to buy upgrades. Now, they dont waste their money on crap.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:45 PM #4
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer

How are they mega crap? You speak in anecdotes.

The most popular gun in the world is a Brass Eagle.
The majority of players own a Brass Eagle.
The majority of players started with a Brass Eagle.

Name some issues, and we can discuss them.

I don't like plastic guns either, but Kingman doesnt make -ANY- guns in the Brass Eagle "plastic" $25 class. Other companies do make plastic cheapos, and the Brass Eagles ones are the best of the bunch. Not much debate there.

When I worked at a Proshop, I would recommend them to lots of people. No, they are not recommended for playing at a commercial field, but I would tell people its the -BEST- gun to have if your playing with your friends, and everyone will have the same thing. Thay way, they have the same advantages, and disadvantages. Skill wins, not technology.
Not much debate there either.

The Spyder is in the same class as a Brass Eagle JT 3/4/5/6.
Unfortunetly, the JTs are regarded as better guns then the Spyders. Personally, I don't really see a difference except that the JTs are usually a better deal.

The rainmaker is in the same class as a cocker. The Rainmaker will chop less, fire faster and need less maintenence. But, the quality of the 'newer' cockers is better, and the Cocker has more chrome "doo-dads" to make the newbs happy. Plus, the cocker has support from the Factory. If both were the same price, I might take the Cocker, but the Rainmaker is 1/3 the price.

So, before you type another post- Try to think about something interesting to discuss. Use facts to support your ideas, not anecdotes.

Nick
Old 03-13-2003, 01:03 PM #5
cockerfreak221
Ahh Ohh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok you named the rainmaker. Great gun, but look at the rest of the b.e. guns, their completely made of plastic no medal. It usually stinks like bottom. My opinion
Old 03-13-2003, 01:32 PM #6
Kevmaster
Owners Group Div:Director

yeh. those raptors. terrible plastic design. jeez. the avengers! they have a terrible plastic body. and hte JT 3-6.0s....i hate their plastic body
Old 03-13-2003, 01:33 PM #7
Kevmaster
Owners Group Div:Director

oh, and also, in regard to the paint:

you could put Hellfire on a walmart shelf for 2 years and it would be crap
Old 03-13-2003, 02:46 PM #8
cockerfreak221
Ahh Ohh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yah, dont buy anything at walmart. Only newbs buy paint from walmart. I promise u its crap. Buy it online, or sometimes, in a paintball store. S-O-M-E-T -M-E-S!!!
Old 03-13-2003, 02:59 PM #9
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer

Cockerfreak-
Everyone here agrees that the quality of those "plastic" Brass Eagles is lower then Cockers, Mags, Angels, and even Spyders.
Sometimes I will play with one for just for the challege!

But you have to put it in perspective.
The vast majority of people that buy those do NOT play at a commercial field. In fact, most will not even play at all. They will treat them like BB guns, and shoot targets/trees/cats/etc.
Some use them just to play paintball in the backyard with the neighbords kid.
For those "casual" applications, "cheap, plastic" Brass Eagles guns are probobly the best. I think you would have to agree.
Those guns were never designed for high volume commercial fields. You get what you pay for. Buying a $300 so you can shoot a couple rounds in the backyard would be a total waste of money.
Yes, if they wanted to play "real paintball", then I would suggest something like a Tippmann/JT/Stingray/spyder/etc, or just rent.

Nick
Old 03-13-2003, 05:32 PM #10
DaveMan
Yep...

Brass Eagle makes their products cheaply for the people who can not afford more expencive stuff. They make paintball aforadable for them to play. If you dont like BE products DONT BUY THEM
Old 03-14-2003, 06:37 AM #11
cockerfreak221
Ahh Ohh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with u in a way, but their paint is not cheap. 200 for 5 or 6 bucks. Rip, because at walmart, the paint is poop. Besides, the people who cant afford it, i would think, would be mad, thinking they got a good gun, but to find out, its cheap plastic. It breaks 4 anything. A squeegie could probably break it, if put in wrong. So, that might be nothing for us, but not 4 them. Why dont they just call it, 'Plastic Eagle"?

Last edited by cockerfreak221 : 03-14-2003 at 06:41 AM.
Closed Thread