Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-17-2007, 12:06 PM #43
Mastermind26
We are moons

Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by drefish99 View Post
No worries my friend. This is for everyone to share verses and talk about them.

thoughts on the above passage?

CK member #04 (???)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2007, 11:22 PM #44
alex06

Quote:
No worries my friend. This is for everyone to share verses and talk about them.
My turn.

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)
Old 02-17-2007, 11:34 PM #45
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex06 View Post
My turn.

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)
True, true. But the next verses are the wrinkle in your thought process:

6 Work hard, but not just to please your masters when they are watching. As slaves of Christ, do the will of God with all your heart.
7 Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.

We are slaves of Christ? Yes. We were bought at a price (Christ's blood. 1 Cor. 6:20 - For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's. and 1 Cor. 7:23 - You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men.).

We WORK for people as if we were WORKING for the Lord Himself.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 02-18-2007, 01:06 AM #46
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
drefish99 is a Mega Moderator
drefish99 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind26 View Post

We WORK for people as if we were WORKING for the Lord Himself.
That is exactly how I treat my employer. I have a little sign under my monitor at work that reads "My boss is a Jewish carpenter". It makes people think about which boss I am speaking about.
Romans 6:23
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado

Well the thing I find most amazing
In amazing grace
Is the chance to give it out
Maybe that's what love is all about

The most he did was die for me, the least I can do is live for him.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:23 PM #47
Disciple_of_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippled Dogma View Post
So anger involves vaporizing the object of said anger? No mercy/compassion/love? No mercy with the anger? They cannot exist together? Is god bipolar? One extreme or the other, no in between?
How can one teach without punishment? Yes, he can show infinite love, but then wont you take full advantage of him? He said himself he does not like to punish you, but he has to. He would much rather bless you, but we bring it upon ourselves to be punished.

Let me also add that some people suffer not because of something they did wrong, sometimes he will put you through sufferings to test you one way or another. Just remember that during these test you must remain faithful, realize that God is all you need no matter how bad things get, and try not to understand why sufferings happen to you because sometimes they dont happen because you did something wrong. So in other words, dont feel guilty about it.
John 3:16- For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Last edited by Disciple_of_God : 02-18-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:55 AM #48
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
Goodmorning folks. Hope you all had a good weekend.

Micah 7:19
You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.
“God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them.”-Max Lucado

In amazing grace

Old 02-19-2007, 11:13 AM #49
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Goodmorning folks. Hope you all had a good weekend.

Micah 7:19
You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

The word again seems to not fit this passage, until we realize the we are making peace with God and restoring the relationship lost long ago. He is eager to have this relationship reinstated and goes so far as to hurl our sins to the deepest part of the ocean and hang a "no fishing" sign.

There is a passage in the NT that goes along with this to show just how great is His love:

Romans 8:33-39
33 Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies.
34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."
37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God's love is above and below us. His love surrounds us on all sides at all times and there is NOTHING that can ever separate us from God's love.

NOTHING.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 02-20-2007, 06:23 PM #50
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
Verse of the day.
Psalm 119:130
The teaching of your word gives light, so even the simple can understand.

In amazing grace

Old 02-20-2007, 07:18 PM #51
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Verse of the day.
Psalm 119:130
The teaching of your word gives light, so even the simple can understand.
we used to sing the "The Lord is my light and my salvation, the Lord is the strength of my life" when we were little.

I always loved that song. It always moved me. Then when I was little older in the youth group we sang the verses below:

Psalm 19:7-10
7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;
8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes;
9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
10 More to be desired are they than gold, Yea, than much fine gold; Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

They were in Spanish and the meaning of that Psalms has stuck with and resonates everytime I sing or read it. Thanks for bringing me these verses to mind.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 02-21-2007, 10:24 AM #52
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
In keeping with the word being light theme. Morning everyone.

Psalm 119:105
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light for my path.

In amazing grace

Old 02-21-2007, 10:31 AM #53
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
In keeping with the word being light theme. Morning everyone.

Psalm 119:105
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light for my path.
hehehehe. That's the verse I was looking for yesterday to reference the song we used to sing as kids.

Anyway, in searching for the verse yesterday I came accross this little gem that fits quite nicely.

2 Sam. 22:29,31-33
29 "For You are my lamp, O Lord; The Lord shall enlighten my darkness.
31 As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
32 "For who is God, except the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God?
33 God is my strength and power, And He makes my way perfect.

Thanks Dre for helping me feed my soul daily. I wish more people would participate

CK member #04 (???)
Old 02-23-2007, 01:47 PM #54
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
More food for the Soul.
Hope you all are enjoying your Friday.
God Bless.

Romans 10:8-10
8But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: 9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

In amazing grace

Old 02-23-2007, 01:55 PM #55
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
More food for the Soul.
Hope you all are enjoying your Friday.
God Bless.

Romans 10:8-10
8But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: 9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
And just a little further down:
Romans 10:13-14
13 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?

CK member #04 (???)
Old 02-26-2007, 10:10 AM #56
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
Morning fellas.

Matthew 3:16-17
16As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. 17And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

In amazing grace

Old 02-26-2007, 10:17 AM #57
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Morning fellas.

Matthew 3:16-17
16As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. 17And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."
And this is our message of Hope! I think there is a verse in the Psalms that talks about this (will edit it in), but what a great thing it is to know that Jesus obeyed God and God was pleased with Jesus' redemptive work.

This was also the sign that was given to John the baptist to show Him the true Messiah and it is the sign for us too!

EDIT: Not sure if I found it, but it is still very fitting (IMHO):

Acts 13:32-33
32 And we declare to you glad tidings--that promise which was made to the fathers.
33 God has fulfilled this for us their children, in that He has raised up Jesus. As it is also written in the second Psalm: 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.'

and the Psalm for that is:
Psalms 2:7 - "I will declare the decree: The Lord has said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.

CK member #04 (???)

Last edited by Mastermind26 : 02-26-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:48 AM #58
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
Matthew 28:5-7
5The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."

In amazing grace

Old 03-05-2007, 11:02 AM #59
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Matthew 28:5-7
5The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."
Oh what a great verse you picked out today Dre! Perfect timing with the whole "tomb of Jesus" being found. he only thing I can add is the fact there were EYE WITNESSES to His resurrection.

1 Cor. 15:3-6
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,
5 and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve.
6 After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep.

Jesus kept His promise. And He was seen alive after being crucified. What a great God we serve! Amen and Amen!

CK member #04 (???)
Old 03-06-2007, 11:22 AM #60
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
Morning all. A great promise from our Lord.
Matthew 7:7-12
7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

In amazing grace

Old 03-06-2007, 12:35 PM #61
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Morning all. A great promise from our Lord.
Matthew 7:7-12
7" Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
9 "Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?
10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?
11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
I read that and I wondered, "what can you possibly add to such a powerful verse WITH A PROMISE?!". Then in talking to the guys in the Krew, I wanted to share a verse for tomorrow (with a picture) and I read a verse and I couldn't help but just stare in awe at my screen.

On the 1 hand we have the comparison of a loving father and the needs of his sons. On the other hand we have that passage summing up God's Law (do unto others...). Then I read this passage:

Matt. 5:17 - "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.

Jesus Himself came to sum up the Law and to exemplify it for us by dying in substitution for us! Wow! Dre, if ever there was a verse that so touched me it has to be today's.

1 thing I can say that I just learned, is that God wants us to sacrifice ourselves for Him the same way Jesus did for you and me.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 03-06-2007, 12:52 PM #62
drefish99
Baby Jesus FTW!!!

Annual Supporting Member
Amen brother. Salvation belongs to our God.

In amazing grace

Old 03-06-2007, 04:43 PM #63
BigPimpin55
Repping Western Ks

BigPimpin55 is attending Decay of Nations VI
This is great, gonna have to keep an eye on here. Great verses. Salvation is a great thing.

CO of Kansas SKO
Thanks to our sponsors: | Valken | SM Tactical | FOXHOLE Paintball store and field | M.N. P.I.R.O.D. | Quantico Tactical

My Guns For Sale: UL'd PMR for sale or Trade for Real Steel Magfed Phenom FS
Christ KREW