Crane supports our troops
a layout?
Old 03-02-2007, 10:45 PM #317
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
tonybhall supports our troops
I went to a Best Buy across town and they had a really good selection of DSLRs. They had a Canon XT, XTi, 30D, and 5D. They also had a Nikon D40, D80 and D200. They all had batteries and memory cards so you could test them out. I'd never used a Nikon before. It had a very different feel and sound than a Canon when you pressed the shutter release. If felt and sounded a lot smoother than the action of a Canon shutter.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:49 PM #318
Cheap
Zesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybhall View Post
It felt and sounded a lot smoother than the action of a Canon shutter.

Best Buy does have a good selection, and being able to hold and see the camera's firsthand is a must for anyone buying one. My only beef there is the people working there have no idea what they're talking about and are of no help to anyone who's done any research into the camera they want to buy.

Oh well.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:55 PM #319
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
tonybhall supports our troops
can anyone tell me how to do this effect?

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5661778

don't know why, but I love shots like that.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:42 AM #320
robfromabove
...taking over the world

Adjust the levels in ps; afterwards they just lowered the saturation.

Tadaa!
Old 03-03-2007, 12:10 PM #321
elTwitcho

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybhall View Post
I went to a Best Buy across town and they had a really good selection of DSLRs. They had a Canon XT, XTi, 30D, and 5D. They also had a Nikon D40, D80 and D200. They all had batteries and memory cards so you could test them out. I'd never used a Nikon before. It had a very different feel and sound than a Canon when you pressed the shutter release. If felt and sounded a lot smoother than the action of a Canon shutter.
Depends on the camera. The 10D had a beatiful, beatiful shutter sound as they used the shutter off their pro level film body for it (Elan 7E I think) and it had a really wonderful sound. The 350D and 20D that I'd heard have awful sounding shutters. The 5D is nice although it doesn't sound so much like a shutter as it does some clunking going on in the camera. It isn't bad though, it's actually a quieter sound than most DSLR shutters I've heard

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 03-03-2007, 12:18 PM #322
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
the 350D reminds me of the shutter sound effect used in alot of movies, whereas alot of the other bodies just click or clunk.

edit; I made a "video"

Mmmmmmm......
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."

Last edited by Drex17 : 03-03-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:53 PM #323
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
yea....that should be a straight up temp ban offense.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Old 03-30-2007, 03:49 PM #324
Shockerboi_Harry

whoah that canon needs to stop ramping! haha
Old 03-30-2007, 08:04 PM #325
Army_of_Orr
OG PhotoMob

Army_of_Orr is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockerboi_Harry View Post
whoah that canon needs to stop ramping! haha
please leave, you don't know what's going on