Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-10-2003, 07:56 PM #1
VOODOOSPIRIT
pro

has been a member for 10 years
la psp open 2003

did anybody play in this tourney i did it was the worst reffed tourney i have played in yet. no dead boxes players from rookie to pro were running out of the game and yelling where players were screaming at reffs to check them. the reffs really sucked on the dye field they had 4 false starts because x-ball was next to them. bad calls trauma and dynasty were yelling at the reffs. how can you reff a game with a umbrella in front of you. the jt field had no armbands so when you were shot you had to leave on the side the other team was which meant you got shot even more just to make sure you wasnt still alive.besdes that the fields were awesome nice grass. anyway psp got to make changes.
Old 03-13-2003, 02:46 PM #2
Wong-RIK
Rock-It Kids

Rock-It Kids!!!!

1st place rookie BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"We got this Sh*t on lock!" ~ Tony B.

Rock-It Kids Web Page
www.rockitgames.com
Me at cup ballin it out!
Old 03-16-2003, 04:50 PM #3
Noxide
shes all mine

yeah PSP did sucked ***!!!!!

Who wants to walk a mile from the staging area to the field? Plus we had games that were 45mins between each other, not the mention we had 4 games in the morning then a 4 hour break to come back and play 1 last game.

Refs sucked, no dead boxes, lots of fights, food was to damn expensive, no spectators like HB, xball announcers were annoying as hell, trade show sucked..... probably alot more too...
Old 03-16-2003, 10:05 PM #4
TEAMNONAMECT

I think if the walks were 4 ft..games were spread like an hour apart and girls went down on you in between games you'd all still complain...... There is always gonna be a complaint.... not that i didn't think there were bad calls or **** like that but you ever ref all day? it blows.... not easy especially when dynasty is yelling at you.... thats just my two cents..i thought it was ok.... all i need o be happy was nice weather...grass fields and flushable toilets..and i'm good....
OUTBACK PB
E GENERATIONS
NEW DESIGNZ
NEXXED
Old 03-18-2003, 09:27 PM #5
Weavdogg62
Banned

Angry BULL****

well when these teams are paying that kind of money to play, you damn well better have refs that feel like reffing all f u c k i n g day. Either psp changes their **** or they will be gone. I know if I had more money id take my team to the nppl. When players give a ref **** they warn them, then when the show more disrespect then they pull a damn player or two, its not hard.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:14 PM #6
draxXus
Swing Swing

Quote:
Originally posted by TEAMNONAMECT
I think if the walks were 4 ft..games were spread like an hour apart and girls went down on you in between games you'd all still complain...... There is always gonna be a complaint.... not that i didn't think there were bad calls or **** like that but you ever ref all day? it blows.... not easy especially when dynasty is yelling at you.... thats just my two cents..i thought it was ok.... all i need o be happy was nice weather...grass fields and flushable toilets..and i'm good....
Thats funny, no complains for HB NPPL...

And flushable toilets there was there but i remember some of the restrooms didnt have Doors , and thats not cool when your going #2 and people walk by and see you haha.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:16 PM #7
TEAMNONAMECT

I am on one of "those" teams and i pay that money... and congrats to the Refs of the NPPL just hope the NPPL can keep up these events and not lose too much money, if they can more power to them. But PSP gone? i don't see them going anywhere... Especially since they have NXL.
OUTBACK PB
E GENERATIONS
NEW DESIGNZ
NEXXED
Old 03-18-2003, 10:20 PM #8
TEAMNONAMECT

Yah i saw those stalls with no doors but there was a whole other bathroom with doors which was perfect for #2, and i'm sure HB was great i haven't read anything to say it wasn't, the only thing that didn't look pleasing was the sand but like i said there's always a complaint no?
hopefully we'll see you in the NY NPPL.
OUTBACK PB
E GENERATIONS
NEW DESIGNZ
NEXXED
Old 03-18-2003, 10:36 PM #9
pxh1984
Huger Rager

I took a number 2 in one of the stalls without a door. It didn't bother me at all. Sure I missed my team picture cause of it, but it's all gravy.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:43 PM #10
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
the xball reffing was done very well. i didnt watch any 10man games for more than like 3min but having no deadboxs did look like it sucked. anyways i dont care cause i dont pay. hehe i will say that HB was the best event ever though. i went there and man it was 5 times better than la.

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
Old 03-19-2003, 08:32 AM #11
Team Chaos
Datus Tomasovich

Team Chaos is a founding member
atomix factory

yeah i thought it was the Best PSP event that i've ever been to and i've been to them all in the past 2 1/2 years. yes it was a hike, but oh well it was an awesome venue. anybody else ever pla y a tournament under lights? i sure haven't before this. sure was an experience. then as for the refs. it sucks reffing all day. but they were busting their ***** when i was watching and getting shot to ****. but anyways i liked the event and can't wait for the NPPL vegas and PSP vegas. c everyone there

dot

13 years of bloody knuckles (and yes I've used that phrase for over a decade)
Old 03-19-2003, 03:12 PM #12
530SK

yea the psp LA was great

major step in the right direction

and playing under the lights was freakin awsome
Old 03-19-2003, 06:00 PM #13
IanR
Shoot.Kill.Win.

Quote:
major step in the right direction
???

No deadboxes and insufficient reffing is a step in the right direction?? Yes the venue was nice but everything else was the same old crap.

Slowly getting back into paintball...
Old 03-19-2003, 09:15 PM #14
Weavdogg62
Banned

man I totally agree, I just think the psp needs to look at these forums and realize that their customers ar unhappy, they obviouslly didn't change with the sport. paintball has changed and that means these leagues have to do the same. Psp is still trying to put on tourneys that put more and more money in their account, what they should be doing is trying to impress their customers, and get a large team base so the nppl doesnt take the business away. what was dye thinking ? and im sure they will be gone after a few years more of the same old ****.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:48 PM #15
Noxide
shes all mine

I much rather play in sun light rather than artificial lighting. They didnt even turn them on at one point, and the team we were about to play we both agreed not to play till they turned the lights on.

NPPL knows what the players want. PSP doesnt have anything to offer other than xball.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:40 PM #16
Booya39
STORK

Booya39 is a Supporting Member
Booya39 is a founding member
Booya39 is a Professional paintball player
The PSP is banking on TV rights for Xball. So unless you're playing xball you're going to get the same old treatment, good or bad.

If you think school is hard, try being stupid.

Last edited by Booya39 : 03-20-2003 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:01 AM #17
Weavdogg62
Banned

ya
Old 03-25-2003, 12:19 PM #18
tunafishissmelly

tunafishissmelly is a Supporting Member
The nppl did a bada ss job at HB. Everyone said it and everyone meant it. There was everything from bathrooms to babes. PSP has x-ball like many have said. But then again why would they want to promote anything else? Ten man means you pay an entry fee pay for paint play your eight games and possibly more, and now psp has made a little money off of you. X-ball for the psp means, a franchise pays an a ssload of money to play in the NXL, you go play all the events, and you 're done, the psp just made a hell of a lot more. So why should they give a damn about a rookie ten man team when they can get franchises to pay 6 figures for a team to play x ball. I know lots of people love ten man, i do too, but it doesnt seem to be the type of thing that is most priority right now with the psp.